Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Antler's back at Mussakka...........  (Read 2034 times)

Offline antler

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 48
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Antler's back at Mussakka...........
« on: July 18, 2010, 03:53:30 PM »
  • As the sun went down on Day One, we enjoyed a drink on the upper terrace of our Mediterranean Town House Apartment (how posh is that?!). A large Vodka & Tonic, courtesy of Leeds Bradford Airport (2 litres for £18),while Mrs A enjoyed a glass of  Harman Dry White Wine “Sultaniye” 2008 that The Lads had got her locally.

This balcony looks out to The Samira Garden Hotel immediately to the left, and to the right, across the rooftops and out to sea.The boats were chugging back across the bay from the beach clubs and the bay had that incredible light you get here as the sun is going down.

Last year we ate several times at Mussakka Restaurant and especially on our last night. So this year we kicked off in the same way. It was to the same, incredible standard.

The “Surf n Turf “ for OJ and Mrs A’s Mussakka-style Fillet were to die for (I know, because I stole some) and my Seafood Paella, that I had been waiting all year for, was even better than last year, with a very large shell-on prawn laid across the top, smelling like it had just jumped from the sea. With a bottle of Angora red served nicely from a Ships Decanter, we now knew we had arrived.

A couple came over to our table and thanked us for the recommendation we had given them earlier in the day by the pool, commenting that their meal was absolutely gorgeous.

Mehmet, Kitty and the team run a really good place and it was real pleasure to be back.

We lingered over an Irish coffee and The Lads went off “cruising” having had their fill, strangely leaving us to pay the bill.

We should have come out of the restaurant and turned right back up the hill to the taxi rank & through to the Mediterranean, but being gluttons for punishment, we thought we would call in to see Ewan at Rendezvous for a night cap.

Sat on the Rendezvous roof terrace, the cooling sea breeze was a treat and we enjoyed seeing the waiter doing his best to chat up 4 Turkish girls just starting their dinner close to midnight. I caught his eye and whispered “keep going!” and he came across laughing his head off and shook my hand realising we could see what he was doing.

With my love of fish & seafood, Ewan talked about his menu had suggested we try his Stuffed Sea Bass and that is definitely one on our list this holiday.

And so to bed,

Cheers

Antler

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=5954.0
« Last Edit: August 14, 2010, 02:29:01 PM by antler »

Offline Amndwr

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
Re: Antler's back at Mussakka...........
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2010, 08:09:21 PM »
 ;D   Hi Antler...
I enjoyed reading your holiday report - and looking forward to more this year too...  MMmm fish and seafood is my favourite too -  ;)   Great Post...

Amanda x  ;D

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Antler's Day Two: Mussakka and Wet Fish

Started by antler on Holiday Reports and Reviews

9 Replies
Last post June 10, 2012, 08:33:31 PM
by Ryss
xx
Antler - the journey back through Dalaman and Jet2

Started by antler on Holiday Reports and Reviews

13 Replies
Last post August 05, 2010, 12:27:15 PM
by Lancs lass
xx
Mussakka

Started by Roxie on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

20 Replies
Last post April 29, 2009, 03:30:20 PM
by PaulnSue
xx
Mussakka's 4th Birthday

Started by Pompeyalbie on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

4 Replies
Last post June 07, 2012, 09:59:47 PM
by Athena

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal