Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: older "new lira"  (Read 4047 times)

Offline johnl

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
older "new lira"
« on: July 16, 2010, 03:54:33 PM »
Hello.Could anyone tell me if the banks in Kalkan will exchange the older new lira notes? I think they were from 2006/2007 and i belive that they were only in use until december last year.Thanks

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=5936.0

Offline Chucky

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 16
  • Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive!!
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Re: older "new lira"
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2010, 04:42:39 PM »
John,
This is from a previous post on the subject.
"Future Turkish Lira
As of January 1st 2009, the prefix ‘New’ used in the New Turkish Lira and New Kuruş will again be removed and new banknotes, without the prefix ‘New’, will be put into circulation together with the current ones. The New Turkish Lira banknotes will be withdrawn from circulation as of January 1st 2010.

Nevertheless, the New Turkish Lira banknotes will be redeemed for a period of ten years starting from January 1st 2010 till the expiration of working hours on December 31st 2019 at the branches of the Central Bank of the Republic of Turkey. The New Turkish Lira banknotes will be worthless as of January 1st 2020."

Joan

Offline johnl

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2010, 08:42:24 PM »
Thank you Joan.Would you know where the nearest central bank branch is situated? Thanks. John

baklavabuddy

baklavabuddy
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2010, 08:54:11 PM »
I believe you can exchange them at Ziraat Bank in Kalkan

Offline Kalkan regular

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 80
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2010, 09:13:58 PM »
You can change them in Zirat bank, which is the one furthest up the hill, beyond Omar's Kitchen and Ibo Kebab House. I changed some a few weeks ago and it was very quick and efficient.

Offline Alfaman

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2013, 05:34:20 PM »
Just found 30 (20 +10) notes of the old new Lira.  Will Zirat bank still change them? If not, is there a children's charity that will take them and pool with others to change at the central bank?

Offline mel

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 10
    • Share Post
  • Resident: Yes
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2013, 08:58:19 AM »
I exchanged 65tl at Ziraat Bank in Kalkan last August, no Problem.

Offline Korderekid

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 22
    • Share Post
  • Resident: Yes
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2013, 10:16:22 AM »
Hi Alfaman, if you want to give your old, 'new' lira to a good cause there is going to be a big drive here between now and April to raise money for the displaced children of Syrian refugees fleeing into Turkey. Over 200 hundred children who have lost everything, their families, their homes, all their possessions are arriving in The refugee camps each week as well as the children who have escaped with their families but are still in desperate need.

Kapsa started the ball rolling for our cause with a large donation of children's clothes and we are now hoping to collect blankets, clothing, toys, money, absolutely everything that will help.

Haven't finalised details yet as we are liaising with the Turkish Red Crescent (red cross) on what we can do to help but will post on here when we have set up collection points.

KK

Offline Charlie

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 68
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2013, 08:47:43 PM »
Great cause KK.  Look forward to hearing more about how we can help.

Offline Kalkan regular

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 80
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2013, 10:48:44 PM »
I'm sure there are lots of owners like us who are replacing towels or bed linen for the new season and would be really happy to give the stuff they are replacing, which is still in very good condition but not as crisp as they want for paying guests, to a good cause. We look forward to the collection information.

Offline amber

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 67
    • Share Post
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2013, 05:48:10 AM »
 KAPSA - As many of you know I am very involved with fundraising for Kapsa but whilst collecting for each event we send packages to families in need in Kalkan and the surrounding villages.We do this through contact with imams,schools and trusted people too.
This winter we were also able to help a Syrian refugee family in Kas.The year before we sent a big donation of winter clothes to Van following the awful earthquake there.
We are now collecting for our next fundraiser and already some adults/childrens clothes have been put aside for families in need.Its a side of Kapsa that many dont know about or wish to ignore but dont ignore it, help us to help these families too!!!!

« Last Edit: March 08, 2013, 06:22:36 AM by amber »

Offline Charlie

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 68
    • Share Post
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2013, 07:11:30 AM »
Amber there are many good folk in Kalkan working tirelessly all year round caring for people and animals that need our help and support.  Well done to you all and let's hope you get the support you deserve to help you carry on with this great work.  Good luck with all the fundraisers this year.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2013, 07:14:53 AM by Charlie »

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Kalkan 1996

Views: 4412
By: winlaton mag
Kekova Trip