Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: nationwide flex account or sterling?  (Read 2385 times)

Offline lornaboon

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
nationwide flex account or sterling?
« on: July 14, 2010, 12:17:07 AM »
we go to kalkan in 2 weeks, cant wait !!! i have been really stressing over how to take my money.
i have got a nationwide flex account but am so worried that the atm will gobble up my card and then i would be stuck or to take sterling, again worried about this as it will be alot of sterling to leave in my room safe.
if i do take sterling will they change up fiftys and do the notes have to be perfect. help anyone pleeeeese!!!!

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=5902.0

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
Re: nationwide flex account or sterling?
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2010, 09:29:44 AM »
Don't worry about gobbly cards..iv'e been using my flex acc for years and haven't lost one yet.....if you take money and lose it you have no come back!!..at least with your card you are pin protected etc  just keep it safe when you aren't going to use it ;)
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2010, 12:51:57 PM »
I think someone on another thread suggested you only get money from ATM's attached to banks and during their opening hours, so if you card does get swallowed for some reason, you'll be able to get it back. Also you can phone your bank and make alternative arrangements if the unexpected happens. If you have a credit card, take that with you for an emergency - we do and never use it. BH doesn't let me take it out of a night in case I make gin-induced purchases ;D ;D
We've changed £50 notes in the PTT.
I don't stress about the money side of things, I get more stressed that I can't fit the kitchen sink in my suitcase ;D ;D
« Last Edit: July 14, 2010, 09:26:17 PM by kalkan4eva »
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline lornaboon

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2010, 03:52:00 PM »
thanks for your advice, im going to sound really stupid but will i really be able to get my card back if its gobbled up if i use atm attached to a bank?
are there atms attached to banks in kalkan?

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2010, 04:52:43 PM »
Unless your bank is withdrawring the card - which is a drastic measure and usually reserved for people taking money out they don't have - and your card has been withheld due to an ATM malfunction, then the bank would be able to give it back to you. Most of the banks are situated up near Yali Complex, on the way to the market, but Yapi is closer to town, under the Samira. There are a couple of stand alone ATM's in town, just avoid them. I'm pretty sure one of the forum members had their card taken at Yapi - try searching Yapi Kredi using the search function above and see if you can find the post - but the good news for you is they got it back ;D

Offline Alfaman

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2010, 06:32:30 PM »
If you do take credit cards, don't forget to give them a call to let them know when and where you will be out of the country - I recently got a reminder from one of my cards to do so or they could block it as a suspicious transaction.

Offline Chucky

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 16
  • Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive!!
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2010, 08:48:13 PM »
Lornaboon, don't forget to check out the General Hints and Info section on the First time in Kalkan Section

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Nationwide Flex Account

Started by doug46b on Money & Finance

21 Replies
Last post July 31, 2009, 01:21:13 PM
by helen1
xx
Nationwide Flex Account

Started by sally on Money & Finance

8 Replies
Last post March 28, 2008, 10:40:13 AM
by Davs
xx
Nationwide Flex Account

Started by FrancisDonald on Money & Finance

3 Replies
Last post July 08, 2010, 11:08:57 PM
by PACHSU
xx
nationwide flex account

Started by julieport on Money & Finance

9 Replies
Last post August 03, 2010, 01:39:24 PM
by kalkan4eva

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal