Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Mediteran Hotel  (Read 3198 times)

Offline antler

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 48
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Mediteran Hotel
« on: August 27, 2009, 06:20:40 AM »
This place deserves a seperate post from me. It is truly awesome. We catch a taxi up there at least every other day and the setting is just incredible. I can't stop taking pictures across the infinity pool and out to sea. And to witness the changing light as the sun goes down around 7.15pm is a moment to be treasured. Sometimes there have been just us plus a couple of others there, although I think there may have been a dozen or so yesterday!

The menu is extensive and we just choose a couple of main dishes and share for lunch. They set a favourite table on the corner of the terrace for us, under a big umbrella, and the food is like a picture on the plate. The Kofte is arguably the best in town, and comes with chunky home made chips and salad. And of course, a bottle of LAL Rose!

The apartments look small-ish and are quite sparse (due to their size) and are smaller than where we are staying here, behind the Nur. But the location must make up for everything! The colourful gardens are just amazing, too, and the staff polite and can't do enough.

Two days ago, we asked to go Jet Ski-ing at their sister place, the Indigo Beach Club. They made a call, and 5 minutes later this leather-clad, 4x4 arrived and smoothly took us down to Indigo, where we were welcomed llike brothers.

We took a 1100cc jet ski out for half an hour (150TL) and the power of this beast was amazing. It felt like I had my Octavia VrS between my legs. OJ thought it was well cool, but it was ME who screamed as he tried to scare the ***t out of me, crashing the tops of the waves. But it is was great fun and the sea spay was warm and salty.

As we arrived back at the Beach Club, The Girls were beginning to move to the music in the late afternoon sun, and were well impressed with my wet shirt. They hoped we would stay a while and certainly, come back again.

I must wear that shirt again!

We returned back up to the Mediteran, where you are transformed back into paradise - just the sound of the birds chirping as the jet skis are silently moving in the bay below.

But tonight we will see a different Mediteran, as we are joining them for their Turkish BBQ; I can't believe it will be anything other than amazing.

cheers

Antler

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=4247.0

Offline turkeyfan

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 17
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
Re: Mediteran Hotel
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2009, 10:38:00 AM »
Antler,

Lovely reading your report on the Mediteran as I too think its a really special place.

Last year was my 40th and finally I got a rock on my finger from my OH!  We decided that we wanted to get married in Kalkan and were hoping that our family and friends would come with us so that we could show Kalkan off to them.  We had been told how beautiful the Mediteran was so we decided to visit for lunch.  It was amazing, I got goosepimples and felt very teary and we decided there and then this was the place we would be getting married.  The Mediteran has now been booked for our guests (35 of them) exclusively for the week of our wedding and we are just so excited to be holding it there.

Whe I've described it to people, I've said its not posh but it definately is very special and just hope that all our guests agree.  ;D

Thanks for sharing your reports with us.
Currently have a duplex apartment in Kiziltas which we visit as often as we can.

Offline Lougie

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 1
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2009, 11:37:38 AM »
Love reading all your posts Antler, it is so nice to hear from someone who actually appreciates Kalkan and Turkey for what it is, it's people, food, beautiful scenery, history & cultures.

The Mediteran sounds lovely, where abouts is it? I might have to check this place out for myself, sounds perfect for a wedding!

Offline turkeyfan

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 17
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2009, 04:01:41 PM »
It's above the Kas Road in Kiziltas.  As the crow flies its not far from the town but because the way the roads are situated it is a 10 miniute walk into town.

Offline Enişte

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 7
    • Share Post
  • Resident: Yes
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2009, 04:19:51 PM »
So am I right in thinking that you cross the Kas road halfway between the jandarma and the otogar and go up the slope towards the Bella Monte hotel (the one with the colourful lights projected on its front) and then turn right before that and go a couple of hundred yards along?  If so, it's quite near where I live and sounds well worth a visit!

Offline antler

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 48
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2009, 05:08:33 PM »
That sounds very much the directions to me! The signs have been taken down, and it does not look much from ther road (dirt track), but boy! when you godown those steps. Listen out for the music later this evening at their BBQ?!

cheers

Antler

Offline Enişte

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 7
    • Share Post
  • Resident: Yes
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2009, 05:59:06 PM »
Cheers Antler

I really hope you enjoy your BBQ this evening as I am worried from reading your marvellous reports that you haven't really had that good a time so far!....................

baklavabuddy

baklavabuddy
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2009, 06:18:22 PM »
I love your posta Antler, will be sorry when your holiday is over :-( they brighten my day

Offline Mercimek

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2009, 07:12:14 AM »
To Mediteran:-
Yes Eniste either that road or the one nearer the petrol station(Mese Sokak) follow this road to the junction with Ciflik Sokak and turn left and then an immediate right.
You will have Mutluluk villa on your left keep straight ahead on this straight road, a little after this you will pass Villa Angela & Villa Koza to your left. Follow this road, you will come to a fork, either road will do and then the Mediteran is ahead on your right.
http://www.turkeycoastline.com/Holiday%20Accomm.htm

Offline Mercimek

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2010, 06:29:31 AM »
Went to the Mediteran last Saturday and they had a classical music Trio. Made the evening even more enjoyable. They plan to have this every Saturday alongside their regular A la Carte menu.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Mediteran hotel

Started by clara 50 on Accommodation and Hotels

4 Replies
Last post August 19, 2010, 03:33:18 PM
by clara 50
xx
Directions to Mediteran Hotel

Started by dancing ninja on Accommodation and Hotels

2 Replies
Last post July 16, 2010, 09:37:12 AM
by dancing ninja
question
Mediteran hotel with Simpsons Travel

Started by Rharris on Accommodation and Hotels

5 Replies
Last post February 04, 2012, 09:42:28 PM
by Margot
xx
Mediteran Apartment

Started by ScotsinKalkan on Accommodation and Hotels

8 Replies
Last post May 22, 2008, 08:12:53 AM
by kalkanfan

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Snow in April 2012

Views: 2825
By: pw
Saklikent Gorge