Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Holiday report  (Read 4521 times)

Offline HolmfirthNicky

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 22
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Holiday report
« on: June 21, 2010, 02:39:36 PM »
Well we're back from our first time to Kalkan! Had a fantastic time, it was the first time we have used Jewel in the Crown and we were very impressed with them. We had no major probs with the flights, just a slight delay on return journey with Jet2 but we were impressed with the amount of legroom you get with them on the aircraft.
We stayed at the Lizo, cannot fault this hotel at all. Mehmet, Gulsen, Sarah and Ali cannot do enough for you, the rooms were basic but clean, comfortable and loads of hot water. The food is cooked by Mehmet and Gulsen and is fabulous, we ate here every day for lunch( good choice of meals and excellent value), and we ate quite a few nights in the hotel as well. The bbq is excellent value for money, mezzes to start with, then your main, (loads of meat), then homemade dessert. All this for 30 lira, they also do a fish night, again excellent value, 36 lira and a mezze night for 20 lira. The bar and restaurant are both on the roof terrace and have lovely views across Kalkan. The pool  area is always kept clean and we never had a problem getting a bed.
We had an excellent day out on a boat trip which Ali booked for us, it was with Yildiz2, Osman and his wife make sure you have a really good day out, you have tea/ coffee as you set sail, then his wife cooks a fantastic lunch, we had mezzes and chicken casserole, then later you get fresh fruit then as the day is finishing you get tea/ coffee and cakes. It's a really relaxing day out.
We used Moonlight for our pre- dinner drinks, a great place to people watch. We only ate at 3 restaurants, all very good.
Bahrat- Excellent food and service, i had the pasta here both times with prawns and salmon, hubby had steak both times.
Kalamaki- again excellent food , service and ambience, we chose to have our last night here as it was so good, both times i had the sword fish skewers followed by pancakes and Stephen had the plank steak.
Mussaka- Really, really good, i had the signature Moussaka, very good, and Stephen had steak, he said it was the best steak overall. Wished we'd have had more time to go back here.
We went to Cafe del Mar a few times for iced coffee and their delicious home made cake, loved this cafe.
Fell in love with the place and the street animals, saw the famous Tango on the beach!!
Sarah, Ali and family are animal lovers and have a collection box for Kapsa on the bar, if you stay here and like us are animal lovers please put your unwanted lira in the box for Kapsa. I can now see what a good job they do and how hard work it must be for them trying to do their best for all those animals. Thankyou all for your help on here before we went and if you read this Sarah thanks to you, Ali, Mehmet and Gulsen for an excellent holiday.
Nicky.

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=5727.0
Nicky

Offline itstime

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 46
    • Share Post
Re: Holiday report
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2010, 08:30:49 PM »
Hi Nicky

I've been reading your posts on the lead up to your holiday and so glad it appeared to have lived up to expectations. So glad you seemed to thoroughly enjoy Kalkan :)

Offline antler

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 48
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2010, 08:40:30 PM »
Hi Nicky!
Thanks for giving some feedback. I, too, had been watching your posts and really looking forward to hearing how you got on.

It's nice when you find somewhere really good and want to go back. Glad you enjoyed Mussakka - Anne & I love the food there and have been in touch with them to make sure 2010 is going to be as good as last year. I think Table 31 can be bettered by the new Balcony Seating??!

Thanks again & welcome back, at least, to some warmsih sunny weather!

cheers,

Antler

Offline Rachey

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 10
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2010, 09:23:37 PM »
 Great report Nicky!  Kalkan  doesn't disappoint does it?  So, are you booked up to go again next year yet  :D

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2010, 09:35:45 PM »
So glad you enjoyed Kalkan, Nicky. Thanks for the report :)
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline HolmfirthNicky

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2010, 10:20:58 AM »
Hi Antler, yes, the new balcony seats are really nice, we took your advice and booked before we went, good job we did as the night we went they were turning people away. The food was delicious and like i say we wish we'd had the chance to have gone back. Some nights it was so hot though we didn't feel like trekking into town from the hotel. (the last few days we were there we had the temp that the locals said they get in aug), when we go back to Kalkan we will request the balcony seats, they're a great place for people watching!!! Thanks again everyone for all your help before we went, i'm now on that downer that you get when you leave Turkey, and i'm back at work tomorrow, that will be a shock to the system!!!
Nicky x

Offline cucukhanim

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2010, 01:12:47 PM »
Hi Nicky.
Loved reading your review. Can I ask how much the boat trip was,? There is goingtto be 8 of us. Is it a small boat as when I googled it it says Yildiz2 holds 12 is that correct.

THANKS

Offline turkeyfan

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 17
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2010, 02:06:04 PM »
I love reading holiday reports so thank you for sharing yours.  We are in Kalkan this weekend for our minimoon and have booked a balcony table in Musakka which we are really looking forward to as we've not tried it before.

I maybe wrong, but as far as I know all of the boats charge the same amount as each other and this year it's 40tl per person.  They are a great value day out  ;D   ;D
Currently have a duplex apartment in Kiziltas which we visit as often as we can.

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2010, 03:13:46 PM »
the boats that go out every day, which you share with other people about 40tl each. If you want to hire a boat for just yourselves then it will cost a bit more. We hired Yildiz 2 for 8 of us last month and it cost 50tl each (it holds up to 12) then our drinks (other than tea or coffee ) on top of that. Great day - thoroughly recommend it!

Offline HolmfirthNicky

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2010, 05:55:27 PM »
Yes, if i remember right it was 40 lira each. The boat holds 12 people although when we went there was only 10 of us on board. There are plenty of beds for lounging on and the food Osmans wife cooks for lunch is fabulous. I've never had such a relaxing boat trip, after lunch everybody , including Osman had a kip!!! Highly recommend Yildiz for a day out.
Nicky.

Offline Enişte

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 7
    • Share Post
  • Resident: Yes
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2010, 09:10:08 AM »
turkeyfan - which day have you booked the special table for?  My friends are in town and also planning to go to Mussakka this weekend to celebrate their anniversary.  Mehmet just told me that it is best to book and perhaps re-confirm your booking too, to make sure you get your table. 

Offline turkeyfan

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 17
    • Share Post
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2010, 09:44:05 AM »
Thanks, We've booked for 8.30 on Saturday, but I will phone later to confirm.  :)

Offline Enişte

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 7
    • Share Post
  • Resident: Yes
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2010, 10:39:04 AM »
My friends will be there at exactly the same time so I will go and book a nice terrace table for them now.  Do you want me to confirm yours too?  Just a name would do!

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Holiday report

Started by cleworthallray on Holiday Reports and Reviews

11 Replies
Last post September 18, 2010, 10:01:12 AM
by cleworthallray
xx
HOLIDAY REPORT

Started by TC on Holiday Reports and Reviews

4 Replies
Last post August 22, 2012, 06:07:58 PM
by HolmfirthNicky
xx
Holiday Report

Started by ladybird on Holiday Reports and Reviews

12 Replies
Last post September 11, 2009, 01:23:48 PM
by Chrissie
xx
May holiday report

Started by KalkanWilkie on Holiday Reports and Reviews

4 Replies
Last post June 09, 2012, 11:33:12 PM
by Skunk

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Roses anyone?

Views: 4438
By: alisonh
sunset at Patara