Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Just back  (Read 2401 times)

Offline alshepuk

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
Just back
« on: June 01, 2010, 01:50:42 PM »
We are just back from a weeks stay in Kalkan.  One week is just not enough.  Below are some points from our stay.

Flights were with Saga Airlines.  Both ways dead on time.  No in flight entertainment but nice crew.  Watch out for the weight on your luggage .  There were a lot of people being charged for excess luggage.

Our Transfers were with Enes and again as good as ever.

We hired a car for a day from Enes.  Dropped off at villa on time.  Petrol is even more expensive than in the UK.  Driving is easy just take for speed traps.  Stick below 90 kmph and you will be fine.

This time we stayed in a rented villa in Kisla very close to the sea front.  Too far to walk and quite expensive in a taxi (minimum 13 Lira).  We were told by Mahal Beach Club that their water taxi finished at 18.00 so that was too early.  Although the villa was superb we would not stay in that area again.  We like to at least be able to walk into town.

As far as restuarants were concerned we visited five while we were there and I have put a brief review on each below.

Barahat

Great people and nice food.  We went twice due to meeting another couple who wanted to have their last night there.  Both nights we ended up in the bar and had inpromotu belly and turkish dancing into the small hours.  Two nights I will never forget.  If you go there get them to get the drums out after service has finished.

Kosk

Still very good.  We went there for our anniversary.  We were going to the Aubergine but it was so windy we went here instead.  Service is superb and the food is very good.  However I do not think the cost is as justified as in other top restaurants.  As they knew we were celebrating they gave us a free cocktail.  A real nice touch.

Alternatif

This was our first visit to this restaurant,  It must have been the busiest place in town.  We had read many reviews so we had to go.  Maybe we were expecting great things but I was not overly impressed.  Service was not great and the steaks we had were good but the sauce served with them was not the best.  Would not rush to go back again.

Garden Cafe and Restaurant

The once bar has now been converted into more of a restaurant.  Still the same owner but has some nice seating if you just want a drink.  We had a great meal there from the BBQ.  A couple of beers each and a great shish for 45 lira.  Their free garlic bread is superb.

Cafe Zula

This is the home of what we think is the best value dish in Kalkan.  My wife had been told about the Cafe Zula's Saffron Chicken.  She tried it and said it was the best thing she ate all holiday.  To top it all it was only 14 Lira.  It was so good we had to go back.  The only thing it is a bit lacking in atmoshphere as it was quiet both times we went but please do not let this stop you from going along.

Our biggest issue was the black flies that were nearly everywhere during the day.  They bit us to hell and back.

Anyway we still love Kalkan and the people who work there.  Always a friendly face to be seen.

I do not know when we will be back but I hope it will be soon, but not in May

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=5594.0

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
Re: Just back
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2010, 02:09:02 PM »
Was it the Alternatif "Atlantis" on Kalamar road or the Alternatif in the village?...lots of people prefer Kalamar road ;)
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline alshepuk

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
Re: Just back
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2010, 02:21:05 PM »
It was the one on the hill in the village.  I didn't know that there were two.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Welcome back AO

Started by Blue Lizard on The Everything Else Area!

4 Replies
Last post January 13, 2014, 10:21:56 PM
by Agent Ottoman
xx
Just got back.

Started by fidimax on Holiday Reports and Reviews

0 Replies
Last post July 25, 2008, 03:14:18 PM
by fidimax
xx
we're back......

Started by Haybo on When Are You In Kalkan / Arrange a meet up

1 Replies
Last post January 12, 2015, 07:30:13 PM
by Haybo
xx
Welcome back!

Started by Em1 on The Everything Else Area!

1 Replies
Last post November 25, 2008, 06:59:17 PM
by misty

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

kalkan sunset.JPG

Views: 2966
By: Lindy
Oli & Beth @ Fenner