Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Abi Tours  (Read 4866 times)

Offline FrancisDonald

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
Abi Tours
« on: April 26, 2010, 09:59:45 AM »
Hi to all!
Has anyone been on the trip to Saklikant Gorge (spelt correctly??) with the above company.  I want to find the best way to visit this place.  They were a little unclear about what to wear etc on their site, only that we should be prepared to get wet! Thanks in anticipation.

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=5389.0
« Last Edit: April 28, 2010, 09:42:56 AM by FrancisDonald »

Offline Will

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: Yes
Re: Abi Tours
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2010, 12:59:04 PM »
We have been to Saklikent Gorge (Turkish meaning -  secret or hidden city) three times with Abi Travel even though we live here and have a car.  It is a great day out, a very good way to meet people and it is very well organised.

You should be prepared to get wet up to mid thigh level (depending how tall you are) as you cross the fast flowing river at the entrance to the gorge.  You will also need good shoes which will survive getting wet or you can hire rubber shoes when you get there.

When we go, we take an extra pair of shorts and a t shirt to change into after the trip through the gorge as the tour continues on to Yapi Park for lunch and then on to Tlos, so you don't want to have another 3 or 4 hours in wet clothes.

There are two trips which I would always recommend to new arrivals to Kalkan, Saklikent and the day tour to Kekova, which is a  marvellous day out and takes you through stunning mountain scenery and then on to Kekova.  We have also done this twice with Abi Travel when we have had first time visitors and nobody has ever been disappointed.

Hope you have a very enjoyable day when you visit Saklikent and a great holiday in Kalkan

Will

Offline tonik1945

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 8
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Re: Abi Tours
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2010, 04:03:24 PM »
Hi, would just like to add the following points re Saklikent. The height of the water depends on time of year and date of last rains. I went in early June last year, due to the fact that it had rained heavily a week or so before the water was quite high. The currents are strong and footwear can be lost so as well as surviving the water they need to be very securely fastened. I also wore a swimming costume and t shirt. It is a great trip not to be missed as is Kekova. You will have a great time  :)
Toni

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

thumbup
3D Tours

Started by Chucky on General Discussion

3 Replies
Last post November 26, 2008, 09:12:56 PM
by Chucky
xx
Abi Tours

Started by Annie on Flights and Travel

8 Replies
Last post February 07, 2008, 09:10:00 PM
by holidayfever
recycled
tours

Started by seasick on General Discussion

2 Replies
Last post August 15, 2009, 09:20:29 PM
by Chucky
xx
Adda Tours

Started by tonik on General Discussion

7 Replies
Last post June 23, 2009, 04:02:47 PM
by kalkan4eva

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal