Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Which Restaurant can you not wait to get back to?  (Read 9329 times)

Offline Enjoy Kalkan

• Administrator
  • Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 69
    • Share Post
    • EnjoyKalkan
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
Which Restaurant can you not wait to get back to?
« on: April 03, 2010, 01:01:05 PM »
With the new season upon us, which restaurants can you not wait to get back to, for us the list is endless but certainly contains Nar, Extinct, Fez and Mousakka!

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=5263.0

Offline Roxie

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 4
    • Share Post
Re: Which Restaurant can you not wait to get back to?
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2010, 01:50:36 PM »
Must agree with them all Jon,
Think the Nar is our favourite. The family all like Akin and Atlantis, Kosk and Bosphorous. Maybe some new ones this year?
Rx

Offline Alfaman

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2010, 04:43:11 PM »
Can be a bit risky to anticipate on the strength of last year's performance, either good or bad. As we return in September, we will await reviews with interest. In our last seven visits, we have found some restaurants have not lived up to the hype, or have not been as good as previous years, whilst others are pretty consistent. Sofra and Kaya always good, Atlantis (but ownership change this year?), Rendezvous, Aubergine and Kaptans.  On the other hand, had superb then disappointing meals in Trio, Zeki's, Ibo and Kosk.  Most disappointed with Moussaka and Olive Garden, but I suppose all have their nights off depending on the chef.

Offline Mags

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 63
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2010, 05:53:48 PM »
Kaptan, Sofra, Kalamaki, all the Korsans, Baharat, Zeytinlik - and at the cheaper end of the market: Tomato, Akin, Merkez Cafe, Ali Baba (aka Soup Kitchen).

And looking forward to trying Jane & Neco's new restaurant, to be called Chapter One, and opening in the previous Daphne premises (they have confirmed that they will not be running Ilban now).

Offline fidimax

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 6
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2010, 06:03:05 PM »
Got to be the soup kitchen,oz adana,but I dont do big meals,I like to nibble,a couple of places a night.
but I think Kosk is a no1 for me,a lot of soso reports,but I have always had good waiters and very good meals,and its a decent price,without being charged for sitting near the water,give it a try,I have tried a few down by the harbour,mostly all pants and no braces,If you know what I mean,but the sunset isnt at all bad.
EFES TIME AGAIN !

Offline HolmfirthNicky

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 22
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2010, 06:12:03 PM »
It will be our first time in Kalkan in June and we can't wait to get there and try them!! On our list to try is Moussaka and Bahrat.
Nicky.
Nicky

Offline Alfaman

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2010, 06:15:08 PM »
Would have added Ilban to my list of favourite restaurants - when at the original one near the taxi rank their fish casserole was great, but lost something in the move up the hill, although the guy who ran the original Ilban seemed to be involved with the couple running it last year. Lets hope he reopens this year. Another restaurant which seemed to lose its way was the Odak  - I read somewhere about family health problems. Also Old Trading House - great views and wild boar steaks, but recent drop in standards. So many restaurants that I'm reluctant to give a second chance to those which disappoint.

Offline slodge

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2010, 06:40:30 PM »
Definitely Sofra - love the chicken and apricot borek, Rendezvous for the prices!! also Oz Odana if you just want something quick. This will be my 4th time in Kalkan and i still like i am just scratching the surface when it comes to choice of restaurants. Last went in 2008 - so there are definitely some new ones to try this year

Offline turkeyfan

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 17
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2010, 09:13:53 PM »
Errrrmmm.
Our faves last year were Baharat, Fez, Nar and Zula but also really enjoy Oz Adana and Merkez if we dont want a formal dinner.

Only 4 weeks to go (then 8 weeks and then 17 weeks) and we can see where we like this year!  Can't wait.
Currently have a duplex apartment in Kiziltas which we visit as often as we can.

Offline johnl

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2010, 11:35:25 PM »
Some of the best meals we had were at our hotel,the Lizo,especially the special nights.Also found the food at cafe Vita and the lounge was good and well priced.Merkaz,Tomato,Oz Adana the list goes on and on.We have never had  a bad or disappointing meal in Kalkan at either "upmarket" or cheaper restaurants,which is why we love Kakan and its people.

Offline alantj

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 26
    • Share Post
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2010, 09:22:12 AM »
So far this week we have had two excellent and a two
pretty dıssappointing meals.  The excellent meals were at Kaya and Iso. If anything Kaya was even better than last year.

Offline tonik1945

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 8
    • Share Post
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2010, 09:37:38 AM »
I can't wait to take my daughter (it's her first trip and my third) to The Olive Garden (love their olive bread, dips and goat stew) their wine is also reasonably priced and was cheaper than Moussaka when I visited in October, Nar and Kaya for the fun, informality and overall nice guys. The people at the Olive Garden and Nar are also fab :)

Offline HolmfirthNicky

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2010, 06:27:07 PM »
H Johnl, glad to read your report about the food being good at the Lizo as we are staying there for the first time in June and can't wait!!
Nicky.

Offline Enjoy Kalkan

• Administrator
  • Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 69
    • Share Post
    • EnjoyKalkan
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2010, 06:31:23 PM »
Have a wonderful time Nicky! Would love to read a holiday report from you when your back to see what you thought of Kalkan :)

Offline Rachey

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 10
    • Share Post
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2010, 08:54:17 PM »
First on our list is (always) Coast.  So our first meal will be at Coast@Gironda, then we'll try Coast Lounge down at the harbour.   We also love Akins and Kosk, and also really enjoyed Baharat last year.  Can't wait to see what new gems we try this year!

Offline alshepuk

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2010, 01:43:27 PM »
1. Korsan meze
2. Kosk
3. Nar

Must try Sofra this year it gets plenty of good reviews.  Also going to get to Villa mahal for our wedding anniversary.

Any reviews on the the Ibo kebab would be appreciated.

Only 7 weeks to go.

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2010, 06:11:54 PM »
Our favourites last year were Coast@Gironda, Oz Adana, Chops, Mussaka, Sofra...infact we had good meals everywhere we went (Aubergine being the exception :( ). I'm looking forward to trying Chapter One, and Cafe Leon.

Alshepuk, we'll be there the same time as you...you might see us dodging diggers on the D400 as we take our daily strolls from Komurluk to the centre  ;D ;D
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline AllanChris

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 1
    • Share Post
« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2010, 08:46:09 PM »
It will be our first time in Kalkan in June and we can't wait to get there and try them!! On our list to try is Moussaka and Bahrat.
Nicky.
Nicky, I would recommend Kaptan,(great food, great music)The Olive Garden and Kaya . Also for lunch, Seaport Kebab where you can have a lovely view of the beach and harbour entrance. Our first stop on every Kalkan holiday is Akin's for brunch, good value and lots of laughs with the staff. Seek out Cafe Del Mar, a perfect place for a late breakfast or coffee ( many varieties) and cake or just a drink. Such a lovely vibe and decor, so laid back and relaxing. I'm sure you will discover others as we will, but these are our favourites. Have a great holiday, Allan.
Keep On Rockin' In The Free World!

Offline elcee

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 3
  • Lee Collins
    • Share Post
« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2010, 10:40:17 PM »
We are in Kalkan in June and cannot wait to go back to Kaptan's.  We loved Mussaka too, had the best steak ever there and was beautifully done. We were a little disappointed with the Olive Garden but with so many others to try that's not a problem.

Offline HolmfirthNicky

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2010, 06:37:36 PM »
Thanks AllanChris, will put those on the list!!
Yes , enjoyKalkan, i will definitely do a report when we get back!
The weeks are flying by now, it will soon be time for that first cold glass of Efes!!
Bliss!
Nicky x

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

thumbup
CAN'T WAIT

Started by TC on General Discussion

15 Replies
Last post August 05, 2012, 07:40:58 PM
by dancing ninja
xx
Can't Wait

Started by Kalkan-Fan on Holiday Reports and Reviews

0 Replies
Last post February 22, 2010, 06:33:06 AM
by Kalkan-Fan
xx
Cant wait for June

Started by LancashireLass on When Are You In Kalkan / Arrange a meet up

21 Replies
Last post January 21, 2014, 07:35:13 PM
by kalkan4eva
xx
Flights - buy or wait

Started by popps on Flights and Travel

22 Replies
Last post April 11, 2012, 03:27:46 PM
by popps

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal