Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Travel Republic  (Read 8216 times)

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
Travel Republic
« on: January 26, 2010, 06:32:02 PM »
We booked our flights for May/June with Travel Republic last July. £220 each with Pegasus for 18 nights, nice civilised flight times and 20kg of luggage each - happy days :)
Just before Christmas our flights were changed from civilised to arriving and leaving in the wee small hours, and to Zoom Airlines (who?). This was considered a "minor change" so we couldn't get our money back and re-book. Yesterday we had notification of a "major flight change" - our flights had been cancelled (that's about as major as it gets, surely ::)). Travel Republc don't actually give you your money back unless you request it...they give you a choice of them finding alternative flights for you instead. We took the money :o
As our break takes in May half term the cheapest alternative flights were with easyJet paying £300 each and we've had to extend our break by two days - which also means added costs for accomodation, getting cover for work etc>:( >:(
I spoke with Pegasus who told me the original flight we booked with Travel Republic hadn't actually been scheduled - I'm really mad with TR, but when you read the small print they are acting within their T&C's.
We've always booked directly with Monarch, Aegean or easJet, this was our first experience of TR and I have to say never again >:( >:(

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=4978.0
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline turkeyfan

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 17
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
Re: Travel Republic
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2010, 08:23:37 PM »
I've never used TR and wont be in the future after reading your post.  Have you tried Thomas Cook for half term?  We booked with them for that week and paid £270.  Only going for 1 week but it's the peak week of half term 30th May to 7th June. Or try jet2 from Manchester.
Currently have a duplex apartment in Kiziltas which we visit as often as we can.

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2010, 09:10:54 PM »
thanks Turkeyfan. TC are only 15kg of luggage and I'm a kitchen sink packer  ;D
Jet2 were very reasonable, but we just couldn't get the dates we needed and as our accomodation has already been booked we were limited. As it is, we've had to extend our stay - I shouldn't moan two extra days in lovely Kalkan, but its the hassle. I suppose £300 for 20 nights is quite good if you're paying £270 for a week - I'm used to Onur prices of £150 when you book early so I should get real. There's more important things in life than being ripped off by a travel company  :-[ :-[. I should be ashamed of my outburst!
Might see you there this year if there's an EK meet up  ;D

Offline ScotsinKalkan

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 1
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2010, 10:38:53 PM »
Kalkan4eva, We travel with TC and always pay a little extra for 20kg.

Offline maryjane

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 11
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2010, 09:47:40 AM »
Re. Travel Republic - They are a shower of crooks - strong words but true.  I am trying to reclaim the cost of a flight to Antalya, which I could not fulfill, due to having cracked some ribs.   This has been going on since October, all they do is pass the buck, I have sent copies of correspondence to ABTA, and also the airline involved, but am going round in circles.  I have threatened Small Claims court, their attitude (TR) - "not their problem"!  The airline said that it is, and I am caught in the middle!   All I wanted was either a cancellation invoice or a letter of no show.  Not much to ask for - but am at the moment nearly £400 out of pocket.

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2010, 12:34:28 PM »
Maryjane, so sorry to hear about your trouble with Travel Republic. It prompts me to keep checking my bank statements to see if they do, infact, return our money as promised. I do hope you get this resolved soon and would urge all forum members to check the T&C's very carefully, whichever company they use to book flights if not booking directly with the airline.
Scots, thanks for the info - the easyJet flights worked out cheaper with an extra 3kg on top of our 20kg each than paying the extra with TC for an extra 5kg each, plus the flight times were better. We've always had good flights with EJ and because I'm so competitive, I quite like the scrum for the seats ;D ;D. You should see my Usain Bolt impersonation from the gate :o :o

Offline stevedean

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2010, 01:33:39 PM »
Hi MaryJane and Kalkan4eva, sorry to hear about your problems.  If you need any assistance please either send me a private message with your booking reference in it or email me directly at steve@travelrepublic.co.uk.

I hope I can help you with your concerns. 

Steve
Travelrepublic

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2010, 02:12:23 PM »
Nice to see someone from a company stand up and be counted..lets hope you can help them.......K4E...you might have the pace of Usain Bolt at the gate but i have a "speedy boarding" ticket..so watch you don't trip over my feet when you get on the plane ;D :-*
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2010, 02:26:36 PM »
I also have Speedy Boarding, BL - it's the other Speedy Boarders I'm racing against  ;D ;D
Thanks for the post Steve from TR. There's nothing we can do about our booking now, but I will PM you if I don't get my money back as per your T&C's, if that's ok? I appreciate you posting on the forum and offering assistance and I hope maryjane takes up your offer as her experience of your company is much worse than mine.

Offline stevedean

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2010, 02:32:44 PM »
Thanks Kalkan4eva, if the word 'major' is mentioned, it means the provider we used for the flight has sent us the change with the proviso that a full refund is an option.  This is either the flight not operating, or perhaps a big time change usually more than 12 hours. 

Please get in touch if refund hasnt come through in 2-3 working days.  If you pm me your booking ref I will make sure they have processed it in Csutomer Services.

Steve
Travelrepublic

Offline Enjoy Kalkan

• Administrator
  • Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 69
    • Share Post
    • EnjoyKalkan
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2010, 06:50:59 PM »
Welcome to EnjoyKalkan Steve,

Its good you have been able to address some of the issues raised.

Regards
Jon

Offline maryjane

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2010, 08:56:19 PM »
Re Travel Republic - I note that Steve has raised his head above the parapet.  I will look forward to his explanation as to how T.R. charged my credit card account £10.23 on 27/11 (the cost of raising a "no show letter") and then deny any responsibility for producing same, as once again I was told "it is not their problem".  They are very swift to take my hard earned money, but def. DO NOT want to do anything when things go wrong.   I suppose my next step is to put in a formal complaint to the credit card company and try redress down that route.

Offline stevedean

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2010, 12:43:27 PM »
Hi maryjane, you need to either email me your booking reference, or send it to me in a forum private message.  I am usually quite good at finding a booking reference, but cant fnd yours. 

Email is above.

Thanks Steve
Travelrepublic

Offline maryjane

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2010, 04:46:09 AM »
Re Travel Republic

The power of the Kalkan forum!   I would like to thank Steve for finally resolving my problem, I have received the paperwork I required (nearly 3 months after my original request), and had to put with up with rude ladies who man the 'phones! Do you do staff training?  People skills - I think not.  I should know, I run a large retail business and customer care is everything, otherwise - NO BUSINESS!  But - not to be churlish - thank you once again.

Offline stevedean

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2010, 11:18:26 PM »
Thanks Maryjane, and apologies once again for the slow resolution to this issue.  I have passed your comments onto our Customer Service Manager so they can track down the 'rude ladies'.... 

Steve

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Yesil Dalyan Travel Transfer (Travel Republic transfer)

Started by QueenBee on Flights and Travel

6 Replies
Last post January 31, 2011, 07:26:46 PM
by QueenBee
xx
Travel Republic Shuttle

Started by rosemary050 on Flights and Travel

5 Replies
Last post June 09, 2011, 12:04:29 PM
by rosemary050
xx
Travel Republic/ Onur Air

Started by Lauren on Flights and Travel

10 Replies
Last post June 12, 2010, 05:42:12 PM
by Lauren
xx
Travel Republic Airport Transfers

Started by clooneyrooney on Flights and Travel

13 Replies
Last post August 08, 2008, 01:15:22 PM
by pas8

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal