Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Flight Cancelled  (Read 10012 times)

Offline Lougie

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 1
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Flight Cancelled
« on: November 30, 2009, 03:33:52 PM »
Gutted, our Christmas flight has been cancelled with Onur air, the only alternative they have given us is to fly with Pegasus to Bodrum with a transfer to Dalaman!! Thomas Cook price is £200 each more than what we paid for with Onur, scandalous!!

Any recent feedback on Pegasus & what the trip from Bodrum to Dalaman is like?

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=4780.0

Offline WOS

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
Re: Flight Cancelled
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2009, 04:11:31 PM »
Same has happened to us! Our return flight with them has been cancelled and the only alternative was for the following day when I will be back at school - they don't appreciate as a Senior teacher that you can't just go back a day later! I have accepted their full refund and measly £10pp compensation - but told them NOT as full and final settlement and have already logged my complaint with ABTA and written to them (Aegean Flights). Luckily I have found a suitable alternative for not too much, but having to fly back now from Antalya as well as costing an extra £150+ for the 2 of us!

This is the 3rd time I have either been directly affected by ONUR, Aegean, Holidays4U or seen others on a flight I was on have problem and think we have now learned our lesson - don't use them!!

Hope you find something else with a reputable company...
« Last Edit: November 30, 2009, 09:26:34 PM by WOS »

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2009, 05:37:27 PM »
Seem to recall this happened to several EK people last year!..i certainly put things like this into my memory bank when considering flights......hope you both get sorted
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline Blackpool

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2009, 06:54:54 PM »
...Any recent feedback on Pegasus & what the trip from Bodrum to Dalaman is like?

My Turkey Tom Tom is saying 195 miles and 5.34 hours by road from central Bodrum to the D400 just outside Kalkan. Hope this helps!

Offline Bdancer

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 24
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2009, 09:32:45 AM »
That is truly horrid, can I ask which flights have been cancelled as we are supposedly booked to fly form Manchester for New Year on the 28th!

Isis

Offline Lougie

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2009, 10:57:30 AM »
Thanks for replies everyone.

Our flight was Onur Air, Gatwick to Dalaman on the 28th, I hope your flights are OK isis.

Offline Lougie

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2009, 01:16:27 PM »
WOS - I can't send you a PM so have to post it on here.

We have been offered £20 compensation from Aegean flights, great isn't it!! Can you tell me what you had to do with making the complaint & pushing the compensation up??

Offline Kalamar Bay

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2009, 01:42:13 PM »

Good Afternoon.

Although i havent heard anything to suggest my flight has been cancelled, i am also due to fly out from Gatwick on the 28th December. The flight time is 21.55 for seven days returning on 4th January. I paid for 2 tickets through A1 TRAVEL on the 21st November..( A1 previously have always been fine ).
Lougie, was this your departure time from Gatwick ???...as i am now a little concerned

Ahmet

Ahmet
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2009, 01:56:59 PM »
Lougie - you asked about feedback on other airlines - friends of ours travelled back last week on Pegasus and baggage was lost - at least 20 people completing forms to claim lost baggage.

Offline Lougie

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2009, 02:36:07 PM »
Kalamar Bay - yes this was the flight, it is flight number OHY 364, we where also coming back on the 4th with Onur air & this was changed to 2 hours earlier & with Pegasus, let me know how you get on, I'd be interested to know, maybe they overbooked!!

Offline DRBD

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 129
    • Share Post
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2009, 03:04:02 PM »
We were booked for the 21st December for 2 weeks, just been advised of the cancellation, were already aware of the changes for the return on the 4th, we were going from LGW to DLM.  Have had no alternative but to accept the changes at this time.  So one wonders how many more have they had to cancel.  Very unusual as in the past these flights have been full.
Age & Treachery will overcome Youth & Skill

Offline Kalamar Bay

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2009, 03:10:33 PM »
Hi Lougie......

Just got off the phone with A1 Travel and they have confirmed that as far as they had heard this flight is still ok and will be leaving from Gatwick on the 28th December. They said they had no news of any cancellation from the carrier and they would usually hear within 24 hours of any cancellation, i have also just been emailed a new invoice / booking form with the same departure time but with a return flight 3 hours earlier but with Pegasus as you mentioned.

Maybe overbooking was the issue here as you state....none of this is satisfactory though and i am still not 100% sure the flight is ok as my travel agent says.....................they obviously have my money though.

Offline Lougie

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2009, 03:30:57 PM »
I just spoke with Aegean flights again & they told me that flight has definitely been cancelled, very strange!

Offline WOS

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2009, 11:29:07 PM »
Our flight was just the return with ONUR back from Dalaman to Gatwick on the 3rd. This looks like it has now been amalgamated with the flight some of you are flying back on the 4th, now with PEGASUS?

I have had a reply from AEGEAN today, not answering all my points raised, just a few 'standard' paragraphs (I used to be in the business years ago, when I worked in Passenger Relations for HORIZON - so I know). I have responded that as my contract is with them, a British company, and not directly with ONUR, I am covered by British law and that they are not following their own booking conditions as they have NOT offered an 'alternative flight of comparable type' as it is a totally different day, at the start of a new week entirely.

Don't know if I will get a satisfactory outcome, but I am fed up with the way these companies behave. I am determined to take this as far as I can, not just because of the extra money, stress and inconvenience, but as a matter of principle!

In October I flew out with ONUR and just as we were boarding an announcement was made that they had overbooked the flight and would anyone volunteer to be offloaded! Needless to say no one would, so the last person to check in was!

I am going to rethink my priorities in future, plan well in advance and pay that bit more to travel schedule. They too can incur problems, but one has far more security when things go wrong!!
« Last Edit: December 01, 2009, 11:32:58 PM by WOS »

Offline WOS

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2009, 11:43:35 PM »
Lougie - Just seen your message to me, hope my last post this evening answers your questions.

I went onto the ABTA website and 'logged' my complaint, but one still has to deal directly with AEGEAN in the first instance. Then if they do not offer me more than they have (Full refund and £10pp compensation; as I couldn't take up their alternative) I will continue through the ABTA complaint proceedures untill they do!
« Last Edit: December 02, 2009, 12:33:10 AM by WOS »

Offline hel66

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2009, 05:23:25 AM »
My Oh thinks you should push these flight companies as far as you can and don't let them treat you like cattle! And I agree with him and WOS
Save Kisiltas- ban the D400

Offline Lougie

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2009, 09:17:56 AM »
Thanks for help all.

There seems to be something fishy about this flight as Kalamar Bay is booked on that flight & the travel company they have booked with said it hasn't been cancelled!!

Offline WOS

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2009, 09:28:04 AM »
I agree there is something very fishy about all of this...On the basis they actually admitted to me that they cannot afford to send out partly filled planes AND the way in October they were stupid enough to announce to everyone over the loudspeaker that they had oversold a flight!! Not to be trusted or believed!!

Offline DRBD

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 129
    • Share Post
« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2009, 09:54:43 AM »
But as I have already stated its not just the 28th, our is the 21st & that has also been cancelled, can they over book 2 flights & pass them onto another airline!!!!

I have e-mailed them requesting some answers don't expect any but can only hope.   

Offline Kalamar Bay

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2009, 10:10:40 AM »
Hi all........

Something is definitely not right here. Unless my travel company ( A1 TRAVEL ) are very slow and don't have up to date information, which is certainly not the impression i got on my phone conversation, which was professional and detailed, this flight hasn't been cancelled. I tried to call ONUR at their Dalaman office yesterday ( tel 0090 252 792 5010 ) in the hope that they could confirm but got no reply. I will try again though and will keep you updated.

It could be that i dont have a flight either, but saying that the flight is cancelled when it could be overbooking is insulting.

Regards

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Flight cancelled

Started by baclava on Flights and Travel

5 Replies
Last post August 20, 2018, 08:44:51 AM
by Haybo
xx
Cancelled flight from Dalaman

Started by elcee on Flights and Travel

2 Replies
Last post October 14, 2009, 07:01:37 PM
by Blue Lizard
xx
Cancelled Christmas day.

Started by fidimax on The Everything Else Area!

10 Replies
Last post January 03, 2009, 09:11:32 PM
by Chris18648
question
We nearly cancelled our holiday but....

Started by tuppy on Holiday Reports and Reviews

11 Replies
Last post June 28, 2011, 05:28:54 PM
by Rachey

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal