Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Withdrawal symptoms already!  (Read 3133 times)

Offline elainecris

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
Withdrawal symptoms already!
« on: November 17, 2009, 02:20:27 PM »
Hello to everyone on the forum, My husband Cris and I visited Kalkan for the first time in September, to say that we fell in love with the place is a severe understatement. We are purchasing an off-plan apartment (Patio Homes) just above the Kas road which should (fingers crossed) have started to be built around now.  We are a little nervous as we have never ventured into foreign property purchase (least of all "off-plan") but the town put a spell on us and the thought of being able to visit whenever we desire was too great! Kalkan has very magical feel, quite different to any other place we have been, so mellow and welcoming. We are great animal lovers and were so pleased to see how considerately the street animals are cared for and how integrated they seemed in everyone's daily life. For us this all added to the unique charm of the place. We hope to visit again mid-january (yes, we are very aware that the weather is likely to be less than clement!) to see how the build is progressing. In the meantime we must satisfy our need for another visit with frequent sign-ins to this forum! Thanks to everyone responsible for such and informative site. Regards,  Elaine and Cris

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=4738.0

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
Re: Withdrawal symptoms already!
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2009, 02:28:26 PM »
Hey....welcome aboard the more the merrier,it slows down on here this time of year but some of us are here getting a fix year round...good luck with your build ...i'm envious!! ;)
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline MartynE

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 121
  • Living the Kalkan dream? Maybe...
    • Share Post
    • Kalkan Secrets
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2009, 04:14:58 PM »
Hi there... welcome to the board.

Another one gets the Kalkan Bug!!  (You know you've got it when you become all evangelical about the place - boring people at parties about how wonderful it is, that kind of thing).

It's a sad affliction, but you share it with everyone on here....

Offline Kefgirl

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2009, 05:27:55 PM »
Hi There!

Isn't Kalkan fantastic?  :D
How lucky are you to be buying a place there! You'll be on the flights thread regularly now, checking when Sleazyjet release the flights so you can visit often.
Looking forward to updates on your building progress.

Cathy.
Shine on, you crazy diamond.

Offline AllanChris

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 1
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2009, 11:50:50 PM »
Hi elainecris, love your forum name! Hope the apartment build goes ok. We stay in an apartment at Komurluk, there are some for sale. Very tempting, could have done with that £45 million to help make our minds up! We fell in love with Kalkan after our first trip and will be back in May
                              Regards, AllanChris.
Keep On Rockin' In The Free World!

Offline Cheesecake

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2009, 01:28:31 AM »
yes a very warm welcome to the forum ec. and good luck with your apart purchase,  bet your vıew will be fab from up there, do keep us posted with the progress, so envious....
  Who do you think will win x factor?
« Last Edit: November 18, 2009, 01:31:02 AM by Cheesecake »

Offline MouMou

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
  • Resident: Yes
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2009, 12:40:36 PM »
Hi and welcome elaine and cris, I know the builder of your apartments and am sure you will not have any problems, he has a very good reputation, I can understand why you decided to buy offplan, my sister bought a property offplan and she found it quite exciting receiving emails and pictures of the progress, and then of course the eagerly awaited viewing trips to choose tiles etc, lucky you.  I am sure you will not be disapointed.  We looked at the ones already built and the views were superb.  What's more it is cooler up there in the summer months, so I am sure you will be very happy.  Good luck to you both.

Offline elainecris

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2009, 05:32:53 PM »
Thank you to everyone who has welcomed us to the forum, we really appreciate you kind thoughts and wishes. We'll check back in every few days for another "fix" of the Kalkan spirit until our visit in January. Take care all.

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2009, 06:27:06 PM »
Keep us posted with your progress!! ;)

Offline maryjane

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 11
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2009, 07:13:03 PM »
Dear elainecris
A very warm welcome to the both of you, we know you will love and enjoy Kalkan as much as we do.   The biggest bonus of all?   You are ANIMAL LOVERS!  How marvellous to know there are other people like us out there who care as much as we do!
Kind regards and best wishes for your future.
Maryjane and Tigertim

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
kalkan withdrawal symptoms

Started by annie the tourist on Holiday Reports and Reviews

1 Replies
Last post July 01, 2015, 08:16:19 PM
by keith
xx
Sterling withdrawal

Started by Lucy Lou on Money & Finance

5 Replies
Last post October 21, 2018, 07:48:31 PM
by Lucy Lou
xx
ATM Withdrawal Fees

Started by chillout on Money & Finance

16 Replies
Last post September 12, 2014, 12:27:04 AM
by Christina

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal