Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: 2010 Luggage limits  (Read 2838 times)

Offline Cuddles

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 18
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
2010 Luggage limits
« on: November 05, 2009, 08:27:42 PM »
What are members using for baggage? This year I bought some cheap (c£8 -£10) and light (1.75k & 2.5k) large holdalls with handles and wheels, to replace my matching (well it did until DLM & LGW baggage handlers chucked it around for 5 years) suitcases (4.5k). Actually, the holdalls stood up to the task really well. Packing carefully and with bubblewrap to protect anything that needed it, luckily, everything got there in one piece.
So does anyone have any plans to use anything different, especially as Aegean seem to be introducing a 15k per person hold limit for 2010.

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=4697.0
There - over there, there are.            To - Going to
Their - belongs to them.                     Too - In addition, Also
They're - Short for they are.

Pedant! me?

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
Re: 2010 Luggage limits
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2009, 07:28:14 AM »
Omigod...another airline drops the allowance to 15k :o :o
I only fly with airlines that allow 20k, so this does limit my choices somewhat.
We bought some ultralight frameless cases (with wheels) about 4 years ago from Matalan. They've been absolutely fantastic and only cost about £20 each. Noticed quite a few people have the same cases and our eldest daughter had to stop someone walking out of Dalaman this year with one of ours that he'd taken off the carousel by mistake. We have yellow tape on the handles to distinguish them, but it didn't stop this guy picking it up and going on his way with it.
It always bothers me that there's no proper procedure for luggage collection - at any airport! What's to stop someone who only took hand luggage from going to the carousel and helping themsleves to a case?
I would always pay for extra allowance, where possible, because we usually end up being charged excess on the way home - it's the towels - can't resist ::) ::) ::)
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline clashgour

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 3
    • Share Post
  • Resident: No
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2009, 07:39:06 AM »
If you're worried about getting your luggage from the carousel just take a look at this story from Phoenix, Arizona.

http://news.airwise.com/story/view/1257415370.html

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2009, 09:21:29 AM »
Very interesting story, Clashgour. Thanks for posting that!
I've always said the system for retrieving luggage from the carousel is so lax compared with everything else at the airport. Someone will make a fortune if they can devise a gadget or system that prevents anyone other than the owner from retrieving the case.
When you see me on Dragon's Den, you will remember you read it hear first on Enjoy Kalkan ;D ;D ;D
Sorry for going off topic...before anyone shouts at me :-*

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2009, 09:58:30 AM »
Seen at Southampton airport yesterday......Jim Davidson(comedian) throwing a hissy fit because he was being charged excess baggage.......anyone who has to say "Don't you know who i am" can't really be famous can they?....must admit a wry smile when girl said no sorry sir and still made him pay ;D :D
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline Enişte

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 7
    • Share Post
  • Resident: Yes
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2009, 11:22:04 AM »
He did the same on a flight from the UAE last year when the cabin crew came round to collect the headsets.  Kept looking all around the cabin for people who agreed with him, who were about as rare as people that think he's funny.

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2009, 01:47:17 PM »
Have to say BL your description of Jim Davidson as a comedian may fall foul of the Trade Descriptions Act  :laugh:
Are you saying JD wanted to keep the minging headsets they give you on the plane to watch movies, Nick????

Offline Enişte

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 7
    • Share Post
  • Resident: Yes
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2009, 02:12:57 PM »
No, they just came to collect the headsets 45 mins before landing and he missed the end of his movie!  And it was Upper Class, so they were quite nice headphones!

Just noticed this makes 500 posts.  I'd like to thank my parents etc.......
« Last Edit: November 06, 2009, 05:43:17 PM by EniÅŸte »

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Opening Hours/Noise Limits

Started by Denners on General Discussion

2 Replies
Last post July 31, 2009, 07:53:41 AM
by Enişte
xx
2 bedroomed apartment required from July 8th 2010 until 24th August 2010

Started by thelippys on Accommodation and Hotels

0 Replies
Last post July 01, 2010, 12:01:55 PM
by thelippys
xx
Hand luggage.

Started by clara 50 on Flights and Travel

6 Replies
Last post June 25, 2010, 09:33:33 AM
by Roxie
xx
luggage restrictions

Started by Kalkankiwi on Flights and Travel

26 Replies
Last post July 22, 2008, 08:11:11 AM
by Blue Lizard

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Fishing Boats

Views: 4078
By: Buster
Cappadocia