Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Latest Belediye Meeting  (Read 6443 times)

Offline MouMou

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: Yes
Latest Belediye Meeting
« on: November 04, 2009, 10:07:37 AM »
I have just read the latest board meeting on the Kalkan local news website and am very impressed with the mayor and his team.  His ideas and proposals are a breath of fresh air to Kalkan and all the people who live in the town, or have property/holidays here.

I think everyone should be supportive of him and his team and what he is trying to achieve for everyone.  Well Done to the Belediye!!!!

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=4688.0

Offline Enişte

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 7
    • Share Post
Re: Latest Belediye Meeting
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2009, 11:40:40 AM »
On unofficial behalf of the Deputy Mayor, thank you for the kind comments.  It seems that there are some very positive plans for the village.  One of which they were very proud was the Republic Day candlelit street parade (a first) to the harbourside party.  Now if I can just persuade them of the need for a cable car/ski lift from KiziltaÅŸ to the harbour.....

Offline kalkankiki

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 4
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2009, 12:09:13 PM »
I must just say that the first candle lit parade on 29 Ekim took place 2 years ago. It was organised by the Minik Akdeniz Koleji but also had lots of older children and adults too. It would be great to see it become a regular event.

Offline Enişte

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 7
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2009, 12:12:51 PM »
Sorry, I must have got the wrong idea, so perhaps this was the first organised by the Belediye, but still a lovely idea and one they intend to do every year, with hopefully even more involved.  How great would it be to see everyone that attended the party arrive in one huge procession?

Offline kim21

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 1
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2009, 05:02:30 PM »
Hi eniste and moumou,
 Is there another section to the KTLN report on there website that needs reading?
 I couldn't see any real new ideas.
 I'm all for the new mayor and his team, but what new initiatives do they have?
never buy a house anywhere without an independent surveyors report

Offline MouMou

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2009, 03:37:03 PM »
In reply to kim21 the points I personally think are good are:

1. The mayor is standing up to the builders and has ensured that the start of the building season has not interfered with the end of the tourist season, this has never been the case in previous years.
2.  He has the foresight to offer the residents of Kalkan alternative payment methods for paying water bills and council tax. This will be so convenient for the people who do not want to walk up to the belediye office and also for those property owners who are not in Kalkan all the time, and can take advantage of a direct debit scheme (when set up).
3. In the previous meeting he sent representatives to Ankara to discuss the access road into Kalkan (the previous mayor had passed plans for vehicles coming from Kas going via the bus station to get into the town (a move which may have resulted in visitors just continuing on to Fethiye). 
4. He is addressing the depot/bodrum issue which is a major concern for a lot of owners in Kalkan who have this type of property.  I think that is enough to be going on with, dont you?

Offline Bdancer

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 24
    • Share Post
  • Resident: No
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2009, 04:11:51 PM »
I agree MouMou I think its all very positive and to able to read a report/update is very interesting.

Isis

Offline alantj

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 26
    • Share Post
  • Resident: No
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2009, 05:01:28 PM »
Any idea what the depot/bodrum issue is about.

Regards

Alan

Offline howmad

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 5
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2009, 08:27:10 PM »
Depots or bodrums are not supposed to be for living in. Many houses or duplex apartments are built with a room which is partially below ground level. Often these have been turned into an apartment or part of an apartment. On the tapu it will often state that it is a woodstore or similar. There is very little that the belidye can do about existing buildings but they are saying that they will not put up with builders trying to get round the planning regulations to build 3 or 4 storey villas or apartment blocks.

Offline Cosetta

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 54
    • Share Post
    • Villa Incantata
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2009, 03:05:29 PM »
What constitutes 'below ground level' when a hillside has been terraced on levels?  Does that mean that a room which has earth on 3/4 sides is below ground level?  What if a room has windows and open space on 2/4 sides or only 1/4 sides?  Is stand-up space under a roof defined as a separate (4th?) floor?

A clear and precise definition of 'bodrum' is needed.  This same kind of law used to exist in the north of Italy where animals were kept in the ground floor under the main house in winter.  But in residential areas, this is no longer the case in most, if not all, countries.  The law is outdated, unless there is some other good reason to use a bodrum only for storage.

In this law, one could still build a 4-floor house and use the bodrum exclusively for storage and live on the upper three.  Or store a car in the bodrum. What difference does it make then what it is used for? 
« Last Edit: November 10, 2009, 03:07:44 PM by Cosetta »
Villa Incantata - http://kalkan-turkey.com

Offline howmad

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 5
    • Share Post
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2009, 03:51:52 PM »
  I guess that the real problem is that villas are supposed to be two storey not four.

Offline Cheesecake

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2009, 08:08:08 AM »
not really doing much is he?
 The buildıng season has always started after the tourist season so no change there. And the dıggers are out on day one of the buildıng season.

Easier ways to pay bills, well yes

The new road ıssue, well let's see but it's an utter disaster for those with houses above it; what about a compensation scheme?

And the bodrum issue.... well 3 alternatives really
1. Knock down all residences with more than 2 1/2 storeys and rebuild them to the correct height.
2. Evict everyone who lives in a bodrum and revert it to it's proper purpose, storıng wood
3. Give all bodrum dwellers a tapu for an apartment as this is what they believed they were buying, and at the same time change the law to allow 3 1/2 storey dwellings to exist.

Offline MouMou

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2009, 12:29:24 PM »
cheescake, I feel I must reply to your post regarding the building work, and that not much has changed, I disagree.  I live here all year, and last year we had builders on the plot next to our apartment, while digging out the site they used arc lights and started work at 7am and carried on until after midnight, so in our experience, the new mayor has made positive changes to protect the residents of Kalkan.  It may not seem much to you but when you live here it makes a huge difference to know that building will not start before 8am and will finish at 8pm.  To my knowledge all the builders are keeping to this rule.  I admire this new mayor who is not intimidated by these developers and is prepared to stand up to them, he is a decent, fair man, unlike his predecessor.  I omitted to also point out in my last post that he has purchased new pumps for the water system, to replace the useless ones that in the peak season always seemed to break down resulting in water cutoffs on a regular basis.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
KTLN ....."Belediye Meeting" report

Started by onelove on Politics & Debate

13 Replies
Last post October 08, 2011, 10:59:21 AM
by Cuddles
xx
Kalkan Belediye website

Started by streety on General Discussion

3 Replies
Last post March 18, 2010, 04:25:41 PM
by streety
xx
WATER BILLS - KAS BELEDIYE

Started by clem turnbull on General Discussion

1 Replies
Last post July 04, 2016, 04:40:40 PM
by KlknBtrc
xx
Belediye announcements today (23rd).

Started by Mags on General Discussion

1 Replies
Last post September 23, 2009, 07:17:29 PM
by kalkan4eva

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

June 2011 Holiday

Views: 2835
By: hodstar
Yildiz Lunch.JPG