Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Prices up, standards down  (Read 10884 times)

Offline anne41

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 4
  • young at heart
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Re: Prices up, standards down
« Reply #40 on: November 02, 2009, 11:53:40 PM »
Maybe the moaners should go to the victor Meldrew thread LOL!!!!!!!! Love all this - so glad I found this sight -

Offline johnl

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
« Reply #41 on: November 03, 2009, 12:53:30 AM »
My wife and i think that we are very lucky to be able to visit Kalkan at least once a year.The prices have risen,its a fact of life.We dont have a bottle of wine with a meal,perhaps just a glass and we dont eat at the more expensive places.Having just returned we found that Parc Kalkan was good value,as was  (of course) Merkaz,The Lounge,Cafe Vita,Kleo and our hotel The Lizo.A great meal was also had at Kyra.All the meals were of a high standard.Reading through all the posts (and not just on this topic) i do sense that in some  responses the attitude is if you find any fault then dont come to Kalkan.I love Kalkan but nowhere is totally perfect.It is also strange to list what the costs are to run a restaurant.The owners would ,i hope, have worked out their costs before opening and factored in the economic climate to work out what to charge.Looking at  the empty places in many restaurants however i do wonder if there are not a few too many.Everyone deserves to make a profit if they work hard but sadly it is not always possible.Sorry for the long ramble but is late here and even after a couple of glasses of M&S plonk sleep is evasive. Goodnight and God bless.

Offline Alfaman

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #42 on: November 03, 2009, 11:51:06 AM »
Reading Kalkanregular's post, I just remembered a comment I posted under the Republic Day thread which is also relevant comment to this thread: "Agree with Chrissie over the sensitivity of some posters. No point trying to give a balanced report on Kalkan as the slightest implied criticism can't be tolerated by some whose only reponse seems to be go somewhere else. Roaring trade in rose tinted specs anyone?"
As long as comment is equated with "criticism" and "moaning", further comment will be deterred and no one will benefit.

Offline MartynE

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 121
  • Living the Kalkan dream? Maybe...
    • Share Post
    • Kalkan Secrets
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #43 on: November 03, 2009, 06:01:10 PM »
To quote the immortal (not) Bee Gees...

It's Only Words.

Personally, even if I disagree with an opinion, I have never told anyone to go somewhere else. I'm all for healthy debate, banter and even a good old-fashioned argument as long as it doesn't get too personal or vindictive.

It does seem that there are some people on both sides of any argument (sorry; discussion) who refuse to see the other side's point of view.  I hope I don't fall into that category. That said, if I think someone is moaning unneccessarily why shouldn't I say they are moaning?  In return they can call me an opinionated ****hole if they want.

They are probably right... but I defend their right to call me it.

Some people should just lighten up, perhaps?

Offline kulube

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #44 on: March 03, 2010, 12:14:39 AM »
Truly maddening. Kalkan has the luxury of some fantastic restaurants and all that has been said about needing to make a profit is true. The overheads are punishing at some places and to see a seasons work amount to breakeven at best will not provide enough for next years start up or winter improvements. Believe me the value for money is incredible and the hospitailty priceless!

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Double standards ??? Discuss.

Started by The Reds on Politics & Debate

43 Replies
Last post August 29, 2008, 11:17:28 PM
by headroom
xx
Taxi prices and Dolmus prices

Started by wabosso on Places to Visit / Things to Do / Excursions

0 Replies
Last post July 19, 2014, 05:03:10 PM
by wabosso
recycled
MOVED: Bar Prices/Supermarket prices

Started by JollytheJoker on General Discussion

0 Replies
Last post July 13, 2010, 09:43:17 PM
by JollytheJoker
xx
Bar prices & supermarket prices /stock

Started by Llondon on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

18 Replies
Last post January 20, 2012, 03:14:27 PM
by onelove

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal