Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Back in Scotland after 2 1/2 weeks in paradise!!!!  (Read 2129 times)

Offline dblma

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
Back in Scotland after 2 1/2 weeks in paradise!!!!
« on: October 21, 2009, 01:41:12 PM »
Hi. Just arrived back in Scotland after our first, though def not our last visit to Kalkan!!

I went on this holiday with high expectations after reading so many fab reviews and I was not at all disappointed!!

We flew out with Fly Thomas Cook - slight delay and back with Fly Globespan - no problems.

We used Adda Tours for our transfers to and from Kalkan and was very impressed with this service.

Our villa was situated about 50 m above the Mediteran.
I still can't believe the view out of the windows when we opened the curtains on our first morning - amazing!!! The best view from a villa I have ever had. I could never get fed up, sitting by the pool, over looking Kalkan Bay watching boats coming and going. As for the sunsets - amazing!
The slight down side of this location was the walk back up from town - not enough to put us off staying there again though. It is, as many people have said very steep, we found the conditions of the roads - often just rubbly, sandy tracks harder to cope with than the hills themselves.
The silver lining to this is that I have not put on much weight at all while on holiday this year!!!

We visited 2 beach clubs while in Kalkan - Kalamar and Palm Beach - we had great days out at both - very relaxing and good value we thought.

We also went on a Jeep safari to Zanthos / Saklikent Gorge and Patara beach - this was a great day out, good value for money and I would recommend it to anyone.
Water very cold, but I managed to keep my shorts dry - just!!!

We also spent a day on a boat trip - on the Falcon - another fabulous day, great food, great weather - relaxing on the boat and swimming in the clear turquoise water - fab!!!

Now on to the food!!! Where to start?!!
Food is a very important part of a holiday and this was another part of the holiday that lived up to expectations.

We ate out every night and never had a bad meal.
We tried loads of different restaurants and particularly enjoyed - Kosk, Baharat, Ozlap - the Chocolate brownie was to die for!!!, The Nar - the chocolate pudding here was one of the best I have ever had!! Kaya - very reasonable and delicious food.

The service we received everywhere was excellent - very friendly and efficient. We also enjoyed the little extras that came with some of the meals - all the bread was delicious and we enjoyed some lovely after dinner complimentary drinks too!!

Looking back, the only 2 slight negatives to our holiday was the steep hill - a nuisance but not a problem - and the stray dogs which were expected but did cause us a bit of a problem - 2 children who don't particularly like nosey stays!!!

Over all Kalkan exceeded expectations and I would definately love to return.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank all the contributors to this forum who made planning for this holiday so easy.

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=4620.0

Offline Chucky

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 16
  • Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive!!
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Re: Back in Scotland after 2 1/2 weeks in paradise!!!!
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2009, 03:41:40 PM »
So glad you enjoyed your holiday, and that the info on here was helpful.
We must have overlapped with you!
Joan

Offline fitwenchdidyell

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Re: Back in Scotland after 2 1/2 weeks in paradise!!!!
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2009, 11:24:45 PM »
If you were above the Mediteran then it was indeed a steep climb back... but so worth it for that view  :o

Sounds like you had a great time, cheers for the report
Born To Run - the Boss rules!!

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Just back from an excellent 2 weeks....

Started by HolmfirthNicky on Holiday Reports and Reviews

9 Replies
Last post June 20, 2012, 06:36:48 AM
by chrissy1
xx
Our little piece of paradise

Started by nikki 13 on Holiday Reports and Reviews

2 Replies
Last post September 12, 2012, 08:21:57 PM
by Helshe
xx
Our Adventures in Paradise

Started by Agent Ottoman on Holiday Reports and Reviews

36 Replies
Last post June 14, 2013, 11:58:42 AM
by samson
xx
What is happening to paradise.....

Started by collsmac on General Discussion

33 Replies
Last post September 18, 2008, 03:53:27 PM
by Enjoy Kalkan

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal