Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: property management  (Read 15944 times)

Offline annav

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 1
    • Share Post
    • Villa Zinnia
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
property management
« on: October 11, 2009, 10:58:44 AM »
Hi,
We have finally purchased a villa in Kalkan (after our building society being very slow) and will complete in March. Now we need to get some property management on board. I contacted Karyn from kalkan apartments who looked after us when we rented a villa in June but she hasnt got back to us. The other people who we contacted are Lycian Coast estates (Elena and Sedat Aslan). Does anyone have any experience of them at all. They sound very proffessional from theie Emails but would be nice to get recommendations. If anyone knows of anyone else reliable would they let me know
Thanks
Anna

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=4554.0

Offline Possums

• Happy Wrinkly Girls
  • EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
  • The beauty of age
    • Share Post
Re: property management
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2009, 03:39:45 PM »
You will certainly not be disappointed with Elena and Sedat who will go out of their way for yourself and for your guests - nothing is too much trouble.  They are prompt and efficient and we cannot sing their praises loud enough.  A truly professional couple.

Offline headroom

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 24
  • Everyone smiles in the same language
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2009, 05:58:39 PM »
We have a villa in Kalkan, which is now managed by Tamer Kose of Kalkan Property maintenance, he came to us through a glowing reference, he has without doubt been an excellent find. He has maintained our property to the high standard that we require and guests have given us amazing feedback as to how well he has looked after them. The cleaning, pool and gardens have been faultlessly taken care of, if you want any further details as to how to contact him please contact me by P.M. I feel sure you would be happy with his services.
Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.

Offline Yogi

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2009, 07:26:37 PM »
Hi there,

I can highly recommend Tamer Kose from Kalkan Property Maintanance too. I have owned a vila in Kalkan since 2003 and had used a maintenance property previous to Tamer .We have been using Tamer for the last 2 seasons have been very inpressed with his high standards and reliability. The feed back from our guests has been very complementary without prompting.

His email address is; kalkanpropertymaintenance@gmail.com

Offline Kalkankiwi

• KK
  • EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 4
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2009, 01:51:55 PM »
Lycian Coast Homes  have been managing our apartment now for the past year and they do a fantastic job. Elena and Sedat are a very professional couple, extremely helpful and communicate any problems to us immediately .Their cleaning staff do a wonderful job   Knowing that they are our representatives out there in Kalkan is extremely reassuring for us.

Offline MartynE

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 121
  • Living the Kalkan dream? Maybe...
    • Share Post
    • Kalkan Secrets
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2009, 03:31:53 PM »
Baris, the owner/manager of the Nur Hotel and his staff do all the management for our apartments - 24/7 meeting and greeting, daily cleaning and maintenance, 24/7 security etc.

Absolutely superb service, and wonderful feedback from every guest. I believe that he might be looking to extend the service to other owners next year, so it might be worth asking him: nurhotel@superonline.com

Offline sally new

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2009, 09:01:35 PM »
Hi
We have been with Lycian Coast Homes now for several years and they are superb.  Cleaning ladies are fantastic and Elena and Sedat are very helpful in every way. Boys who do the pool and garden are wonderful.
give them a call.   

Offline streety

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2009, 09:59:04 AM »
We were one of Lycian Coast Homes first clients and are still with them.  Our clients frequently comment on how efficient they are which probably says it all.  We have real peace of mind using them.  If anything at all goes wrong at the villa, the client notifies them, it is rectified straight away and we receive an email from Elena so that we are aware of what has happened. On the whole as mentioned previously the cleaners are very good and the pool/maintenance man is in twice a day.

Our previous maintenance arrangement was a disaster and I felt sick every time a client arrived, so getting the right person is REALLY important.

Ahmet

Ahmet
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2009, 01:31:31 PM »
We use Linda and Osman at Abi Travel - excellent service and would highly recommend them.

Offline Kuzu

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2009, 02:09:36 PM »
You would not be disappointed with Lycian Coast Homes.  I can only echo what everyone else has said about Ellie & Sedat.  They take personal responsibility for ensuring you are happy with their service and go out of the way to ensure, not only your property, but you are looked after.

Offline edisrag

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2009, 12:45:11 PM »
The good ones are often full - and those poor cleaners can only fit so many villa's in on a change over day, so always check how many villa's or apartments the agent is managing.  Just because they have lots of villa's on their books doesn't make them the best, although I have heard all of the above are really good.  Get recomendations from their clients, like everything else, do YOUR homework

Offline alantj

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 26
    • Share Post
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2009, 03:33:26 PM »
Our agent is very good at the actual management of the property and arranging transfers etc but doesn't offer any service in respect of welcoming guests. Usually they are dropped off by the transfer driver, given the keys and left to get on with it.

I would be interested in hearing how other owners handle arrivals, is this the norm or have you managed to make arrangments for a meet and greet service.

Offline felicity

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 30
    • Share Post
    • Villa Kirmizi Lale
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2009, 04:40:13 PM »
I would say that is certainly NOT the norm.  Our agent meets and greets at whatever time of the day or night - shows them around and explains anything and visits daily - or just about daily to check all is OK and if guests have any problems or need any trips/visits organising...  I must say that I thought that was the norm....or isnt it...bearing in mind - turkish hospitality - I thought it was...!!??  ??? ???

A 5 star service - methinks and one that is appreciated by owners and guests alike!
Villa Kirmizi Lale - www.villakirmizilale.co.uk

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2009, 04:47:59 PM »
As habitual renters, I can say it varies quite significantly from property to property. Some places we've rented have offered the kind of service Felicity has and others have been less than hospitable. The worst by far was our recent trip - no clean bedding or towels during our 12 day stay - and no weekly clean as the owner indicated. I washed the towels and bed linen after it became apparent no-one was actually taking care of the property. I e-mailed the owner on return because he must be paying for a weekly clean that did not happen.
It's wise to check with each other what you are paying and what you expect...and check with the guests it actually happened ;)
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline Reygirl

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 9
    • Share Post
« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2009, 06:36:36 PM »
The service definitely varies - my recent experience ranges from someone kindlly meeting me at 5 am to show me to my apartment - lights already on, curtains closed and well-stocked with essential groceries.  The other extreme was arriving and having to make several phone calls to establish where the keys were, getting myself into an unidentified apartment with great difficulty (ending up with the help of the gardener who phoned one of the other residents in the block to come to my rescue) and then finding my 'welcome' pack was tea bags, coffee and a packet of biscuits for breakfast.  I let the owner know and she was mortified.  I think it's clear that some agents prefer you to let them arrange your transfer so they can delegate the job of handing over keys to the driver.

Offline Em1

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 2
    • Share Post
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2009, 07:17:26 AM »
Hi Alantj and Reygirl
The management company I use to use delegated the job to the driver, and struggled to get to meet the guests in the first 48 hours. :(. Sometimes the beds were not made correctly, no towels left out, dirty buckets of mop water left out etc
Of course you only find out after the guests have arrived, from guests that feel brave enoughh to complain!
Em
Em

Offline kevincat99

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 39
    • Share Post
  • Resident: Yes
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2009, 03:12:38 PM »
Em1 who did you use??

Offline Em1

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 2
    • Share Post
« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2009, 07:17:40 AM »
Kevincat
It would be rude of me to divulge the name...
If anyone wants to know, then PM me.
Em

Offline Roxie

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2009, 10:37:56 AM »
Hi All,
I have been making recent enquiries re. an all in package to look after our villa. There was such a variation in the quotes received, that I wondered was that the general perception out there, or is there a "normal" fee. I know there are many variables.
Thanks
Rx 

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2009, 12:07:01 PM »
At least you had a "welcome pack", Reygirl!! We arrived at midnight to....errr...nothing..not even hot water or toilet paper :P

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Property Management

Started by yakamoz on General Discussion

1 Replies
Last post April 24, 2013, 08:21:27 AM
by David S
xx
property management

Started by yakamoz on General Discussion

1 Replies
Last post April 24, 2013, 11:10:58 PM
by headroom
xx
Property Management Companies

Started by disneygang on Living In Kalkan

3 Replies
Last post July 22, 2014, 07:53:43 PM
by wolfy
xx
Property management enquiry

Started by widders on General Discussion

1 Replies
Last post May 16, 2013, 03:52:17 PM
by hobbo

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal