Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: 3 Weeks, 3 Break-ins!  (Read 9906 times)

Offline fidimax

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 6
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Re: 3 Weeks, 3 Break-ins!
« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2009, 06:01:34 PM »
Hi Em,do you know if they are all in the same area or are they spread around Kalkan ?
EFES TIME AGAIN !

Offline Em1

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 2
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2009, 08:25:55 PM »
Hi Fidimax
2 above Kalamar Road, 1 in Kalamar, 1 in town.
Em
Em

Offline Shirley Burley

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
« Reply #22 on: October 18, 2009, 11:36:26 AM »
Hi
As I was still in Kalkan yesterday, perhaps I should rename this '3 weeks, 4 break-ins'. Seems two were holiday makers, and two were residents?
Very worrying for everyone!
Em

Almost as worrying as living ANYWHERE else in the entire world!!  Argghhhh!!

Offline kim21

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 1
    • Share Post
  • Resident: Yes
« Reply #23 on: October 18, 2009, 02:18:15 PM »
Do you think shirley burley, that perhaps holiday makers shouldn't be alerted to the problem of burglary, nor those that live here.
An awful lot more could be done to stop the terrible experience of burglary in kalkan for holidayers.
  I'm sure that many concerned visitors to villas will ask more questions about the security of the place they are going to stay in with a knowledge that it is a problem here.
Perhaps if less people are burgled, more of them will return.
never buy a house anywhere without an independent surveyors report

Offline Shirley Burley

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #24 on: October 18, 2009, 03:04:31 PM »
An awful lot more could be done to stop the terrible experience of burglary in kalkan for holidayers.

I'm excited to hear your suggestions kim21...

Offline kim21

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 1
    • Share Post
« Reply #25 on: October 22, 2009, 04:18:11 AM »
Shirley burley,
   Have a drive around kalkan and take a look at how many villas have window bars or visible burglar alarms, you can count them on the fingers of one hand!
 joules,
  The villa broken into near to you was not accessed thru a window with bars on it, the unfortunate victims probably left the door open.
  Anyone wanting to see a house that will not be broken into, go down kalamar road to cafe vita, carry on about 50yards on the right next door to the red house with the semi-circular front and there you will see a house that has made an effort to deter thieves.

Offline howmad

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 5
    • Share Post
« Reply #26 on: October 22, 2009, 08:41:03 AM »
You are right it is probably impregnable. It has shutters on the inside, double glazing and bars that are one inch thick concreted into the walls.  However it was built about ten years ago and has small windows. I would love to put bars like this on my house but it would be impossible.
  Bars are only as good as the walls they fit into and many villa walls are built of terracotta blocks. Secondary locks on pvc windows will stop burglars from forcing the window with a screw driver but will not stop them kicking a door in. Steel doors are a possibility and many firms in Turkey make them to a high standard both in looks and security.

At the end of the day though if someone is determined to get in they will. Advice from a Turkish friend was sleep with your wallet under your pillow and get good insurance.

Offline foreverkalkan

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #27 on: October 22, 2009, 04:43:58 PM »
As a visitor the thing about knowing about break ins is that I am now more carefull...I put things away, lock them up, hide things etc whereas before I was abit careless, the same goes for knowing about any problem, try to reduce the risk or at least what they get away with

Offline howmad

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 5
    • Share Post
« Reply #28 on: October 22, 2009, 11:52:02 PM »
On returning to our villa tonight we went up to the roof to look at the stars and saw a jandarma patrol. Four jandarma jumped out, fanned out  across the road and stopped a guy on a scooter. They were obviously happy about him and went back to their vehicle just as an alarm went off on a villa high above kalamar road. The next second they raced off pausing briefly to stop outside our villa to look at us (we were shining a torch) , we then saw them at the villa above Kalamar walking round with torches checking .

Despite the problems with break-ins it is reassuring to actually see the jandarma doing their job and trying to stop burglaries. It was also reassuring to see them respond to an alarm so promptly.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
break in

Started by christopple on General Discussion

1 Replies
Last post July 04, 2009, 05:32:05 PM
by kevincat99
xx
Break Ins

Started by Kim on General Discussion

1 Replies
Last post February 26, 2009, 11:01:46 PM
by Enjoy Kalkan
xx
More break-ins

Started by teke on General Discussion

3 Replies
Last post March 11, 2009, 07:51:32 PM
by Enjoy Kalkan
xx
BREAK IN KALKAN

Started by chris on General Discussion

28 Replies
Last post June 02, 2009, 10:15:03 PM
by clarborough

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal