Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Olive Garden  (Read 2807 times)

Offline susie126

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Olive Garden
« on: September 28, 2009, 01:46:15 PM »
Just returned from 2 weeks Kalkan. Stayed in a villa owned by the owner of Olive Garden restaurant. Fabulous.
It was spotlessly clean and in a lovely location in Kalamar bay with huge pool.

We ate out every night except one and had excellent meals. Olive Garden, Mussaka and the Nar were fantastic with lovely food and excellent service.

Can I also recommend Begonvil cafe. totally different to the big restaurants. it is in the little alley where you enter Mussaka. We had drinks there a couple of times and the owner couldnt do enough for us, constantly bringing us freebies to have with our drinks so we had a meal there and it was lovely. Unbelievably cheap but the quality was very good. We would normally pay between 150-250 lira for the four of us with drinks but our whole evening cost just 70 lira and we still left full. a nice change from the 3 course meals in the bigger restaurants.

We also had a kebab from Omar sherifs brothers place at the start of Kalamar road. He was hysterical. The kebabs were lovely and he cooked proper chips on his barbecue and his wife made a salad. We found out later that he doesnt even have running water but none of us were ill. it was certainly an experience.

The only negative for me was Cafe Vita. Have read lots of good reports on this site and trip advisor but we were really disappointed. It was very close to our villa so we went twice. both times the service was abysmal and the food was just ok, nothing special at all. I wanted to put a rocket up the waiters behinds who just slobbed about in their flip flops and never caught your eye if they could help it. Nice clean toilets though.

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=4475.0

Offline Elee

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 1
    • Share Post
Re: Olive Garden
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2009, 04:22:16 PM »
Susi
We totally agree with you about Begonvil cafe. The owner, Kudrel cannot do enough for you. We also had a lovely meal there which was so reasonable.
We often stop there for a drink after we have eaten in another restaurant and he brings out so many extras - popcorn, cheese, apple, peach, chips etc. and we do not like to offend him so we end up leaving there aboslutley stuffed.
I was hoping nobody else would find this wonderful little gem but I guess the cat is out of the bag now!!

Offline lorilou

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
    • space sense
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2009, 06:04:30 PM »
 Hi Susie
Hope you had a great holiday.

Thanks for posting your recommendations, we are off to Kalkan for belated honeymoon mid October.

May I ask where you stayed? we've booked a Villa that is supposedly not far from Cafe Vita - what a shame you had a poor experience there, I've read such good things about it and had hoped it would be good as it's close by. I have just noticed a few not so great reviews, very sad.

The Beginvil sounds good though ... where is it? I didnt quote get what you meant by "in the little alley where you enter Mussaka" - Is Mussaka another restaurant?
Dur.
Sorry to bombard you!
Lorilou

if you can walk you can dance

Offline susie126

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2009, 09:30:49 PM »
Sorry Elee for the comments on Begonvil cafe. You may not be able to get a seat next time you go!!!!.

Hi Lorilou
Yes, Mussaka is another restaurant. You will easily find it as you head down through the centre of the town. The Begonvil cafe is where the entrance to Mussaka restaurant is. Its very small but the owner is lovely.

Our villa was just past Cafe Vita and was called Villa Zeytenlik (which means Olive Garden) and is owned by the owner of Olive Garden restaurant.

Offline lorilou

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
    • space sense
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2009, 10:15:11 AM »
Thanks Susie
counting the days now!
L ;)

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Olive Garden

Started by baklavabuddy on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

1 Replies
Last post July 21, 2009, 10:03:52 PM
by AllanChris
xx
The Olive Garden

Started by janeb on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

2 Replies
Last post May 04, 2016, 09:14:00 PM
by janeb
xx
Old Olive Oil Garden Pot for Sale

Started by soprano on Classifieds - Available

0 Replies
Last post May 15, 2014, 06:36:37 AM
by soprano
xx
The Olive Garden - Table 9, 9pm, Saturday 29th August

Started by antler on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

14 Replies
Last post September 06, 2009, 02:32:36 PM
by Chrissie

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Coffee Bar

Views: 4261
By: zros
EK 70s Night