Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Kas plans dog slaughter  (Read 20031 times)

Offline Alfie

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
Re: Kas plans dog slaughter
« Reply #40 on: October 06, 2009, 05:13:37 PM »
:-[ Just returned from two weeks in Kalkan.As usual,a lovely holiday.Dogs?...... no where did I see packs of dogs.One or two around the taxi area,and individual dogs running around.None were being a nuisance,aggressive,fighting with each other,or being noisy.
Yes,I am a cat and dog lover and it would be hard for me to criticise the animals,but I would if it were necessary.
It is a debate that will run depending on individuals feelings for animals. Carrying bags of food home from restaurants is asking a bit much for dogs to ingnore you.
Similar cruel behaviour in England towards any animal would have Alfie prosecuted. ::)Chris

So the gist of your post is that protecting myself against Cujo is a criminal offence and I was asking for it.  It's lucky I wasn't wearing a short skirt that night or I dread to think what that animal would 'justifiably' get up to.

For what it's worth I don't think I would be prosecuted in England because the curs wouldn't be on the streets (efficiently rounded up and killed by the RSPCA- who do a great job) and the rights of dogs to attack people isn't sacrosanct in English law.

Offline Enişte

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 7
    • Share Post
  • Resident: Yes
« Reply #41 on: October 06, 2009, 05:32:56 PM »
Alfie - even as a dog lover, I think you had every right to defend yourself and your family, but the vision of you chasing the offending animal all the way down the hill might have seemed overkill to some and was probably what caused some of the earlier nasty  comments to be made.

I would still rather try to deal with the curse of street animals here (perhaps I've been lucky) than the curse of other allegedly more intelligent beasts on the streets of London, who often also seem to be above the law.

Offline Chrissie

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • www.enjoykalkan.com
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
« Reply #42 on: October 06, 2009, 11:29:53 PM »
Sorry....? My comments were polite and far from nasty.
Even a well behaved,well nourished dog will seek the smell of food,I merely pointed out that it was probably the reason Alfie had unwanted attention.

Offline Enişte

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #43 on: October 07, 2009, 07:35:24 AM »
Chrissie - your comments were not nasty but others were considerably more aggressive and personal

Offline Chrissie

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • www.enjoykalkan.com
    • Share Post
« Reply #44 on: October 07, 2009, 10:12:05 AM »
Ok ,sorry.Post holiday blues I guess.
 :-\
But,I felt Alfie posts were unnecessarily rude,and it was he who quoted my post.
I won't comment any further only to say that my time in Kalkan this year was not in any way spoiled by any dogs,cats or humans !!! :-*

Offline Enişte

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #45 on: October 07, 2009, 10:24:13 AM »
Very glad to hear that you enjoyed yourself here!

Offline Alfie

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #46 on: October 07, 2009, 09:32:37 PM »
Ok ,sorry.Post holiday blues I guess.
 :-\
But,I felt Alfie posts were unnecessarily rude,and it was he who quoted my post.
I won't comment any further only to say that my time in Kalkan this year was not in any way spoiled by any dogs,cats or humans !!! :-*

I don't think that I was unnecessarily rude- I think that I have answered most posts humourously and not taken to heart the rubbish spouted in response.

Offline Firecat

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 27
    • Share Post
« Reply #47 on: October 07, 2009, 09:56:12 PM »
Alfie, do you have anything to say about Kalkan other than on the subject of the savage packs of slavering and quite possibly rabid hounds which are plainly terrorising the resident and tourist populations of the town?  I only ask because your five posts so far are confined to this thread and have tended to involve some reference to violent acts of your own initiation, real or imagined, directed towards animals.  Deliberately provocative and deeply unpleasant.  If you genuinely had an unfortunate encounter then I'm sorry to hear it, but your posts on this thread so far have been, to my eyes, objectionable - and I have generally resisted posting on this subject because I do recognise that animal welfare issues are highly emotive. I've yet to find the humour in your posts because I really don't find much funny about kicking, shooting or otherwise abusing dogs. If there is a problem then there is an answer - and it will be an answer which doesn't pander to your evident bloodlust. Sorry, no summer job for you as an armed dog vigilante with a licence to kill.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2009, 10:12:16 PM by Firecat »
Cat on a hot tin roof

Offline Alfie

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #48 on: October 07, 2009, 10:19:59 PM »
Alfie, do you have anything to say about Kalkan other than on the subject of the savage packs of slavering and quite possibly rabid hounds which are plainly terrorising the resident and tourist populations of the town?  I only ask because your five posts so far are confined to this thread and have tended to involve some reference to violent acts of your own initiation, real or imagined, directed towards animals.  Deliberately provocative and deeply unpleasant.  If you genuinely had an unfortunate encounter then I'm sorry to hear it, but your posts on this thread so far have been, to my eyes, objectionable - and I have generally resisted posting on this subject because I do recognise that animal welfare issues are highly contentious. I've yet to find the humour in your posts because I really don't find much funny about kicking, shooting or otherwise abusing dogs. If there is a problem then there is an answer - and it will be an answer which doesn't pander to your evident bloodlust. Sorry, no summer job for you as an armed dog vigilante with a licence to kill.

The ironic thing is that I love dogs- I just understand the difference between them and people.

« Last Edit: October 07, 2009, 10:22:51 PM by Alfie »

Offline helen1

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 3
    • Share Post
« Reply #49 on: October 08, 2009, 10:35:09 PM »
As in you'd kick a dog but you wouldn't kick a person?!!

Offline Lougie

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 1
    • Share Post
« Reply #50 on: October 09, 2009, 09:07:05 AM »
I'd kick both if either bit me!

Offline Alfie

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #51 on: October 09, 2009, 10:15:15 AM »
As in you'd kick a dog but you wouldn't kick a person?!!

That seems like a loaded question so I'll simply clarify my point.  That way, if people disagree then that's fine- it's just an opinion.

No local authority should allow packs of stray dogs to roam the streets as they are a nuisance and/or public risk.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2009, 10:29:31 AM by Alfie »

Offline fidimax

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 6
    • Share Post
« Reply #52 on: October 10, 2009, 01:02:14 PM »
Just back from Kalkan yesterday,a lack of dogs compared to may and aug this year and in the past couple of years,so KAPSA,s good work must be working,strange thing,a hell of a lot more moggies !
EFES TIME AGAIN !

Offline kevincat99

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 39
    • Share Post
« Reply #53 on: October 10, 2009, 01:12:06 PM »
The big problem is not only the number of dogs wandering around but the constant barking that goes on between them at night.
But obviously the more dogs the greater noise !!

Offline maryjane

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 11
    • Share Post
« Reply #54 on: October 10, 2009, 07:19:49 PM »
I am lucky enough to be acquainted with Clint Eastwood - should I bring him out to Kalkan to "make my day?!"  and to help the town to get rid of the "Good, the Bad and the Ugly".
You know who you are!!!  (Animals cannot read), so go ahead punk, make my day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Em1

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 2
    • Share Post
« Reply #55 on: October 11, 2009, 07:28:43 AM »
Hi
At Aubergine last night the dogs were a nuisance, fighting on the street, and between the tables where a family with young children were eating.
Oppisite the bottom of Kalamar Road I watched the dogs a couple of days ago running out into the road everytime a scooter went past, nearly knocking the scooter riders off their bikes.
At night I can hear the dogs barking down by the village, and think to myself I am lucky not to live too close or I would not sleep!
Em
Em

Offline itstime

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 46
    • Share Post
« Reply #56 on: October 15, 2009, 10:18:39 AM »
just back this morning and had absolutely no problem with the dogs whatsoever. At most I was pelted on the leg by a "waggy tail"
Didn't see any packs either, maybe one or two running together but certainly no more.
Was so heartening to see all the old ones looking well and healthy and no obvious increase in numbers, if anything less than usual.
Kapsas and others efforts do appear to be having a positive effect so long may their good work continue.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Harbour plans

Started by Babs on General Discussion

126 Replies
Last post May 20, 2015, 05:39:00 AM
by kevtamuk
xx
Plans for the Harbour

Started by kalkan4eva on General Discussion

8 Replies
Last post February 06, 2014, 08:59:43 AM
by kags
xx
A Week in October - the plans

Started by antler on Holiday Reports and Reviews

31 Replies
Last post October 09, 2010, 11:55:18 AM
by fitwenchdidyell

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Coastal Road

Views: 3534
By: jen
Symi