Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: KEÄ°TH FLOYD  (Read 4832 times)

Offline Enişte

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 7
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: Yes
KEÄ°TH FLOYD
« on: September 15, 2009, 12:56:27 PM »
Very sad to read of his passing, aged 65.  There are some lovely clips of him on the Beeb website.  I can still remember watching him cook on the banks of the Saklikent river when making his series about the Med.  I shall raise a large glass of wine to his memory tonight.

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=4365.0

Offline clara48

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Re: KEÄ°TH FLOYD
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2009, 01:16:38 PM »
I thoroughly agree Eniste, he was one of a kind. I also loved all the programmes he made abroad, not only was the cooking fantastic but he really brought the places to life and always had a great rapport with the locals. He always enjoyed the odd tipple or three and was a larger than life character to say the least. He will be missed!

Offline butterfly

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2009, 04:51:52 PM »
I am so sad to read of the demise of that great personality, Keith Floyd.  His autobiography is being serialised in the Daily Mail this week.

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2009, 10:04:54 AM »
Saw his interview with keith allen(lilly's dad) on sky....he came across as downright rude and obnoxious..effin and jeffin for no reason and bullying the two women who were dinner companions..if he spoke to my mrs like that he would be wearing his dinner.....sad when anyone shoots off the mortal coil(dies) but not one of my favourite people
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline Firecat

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 27
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2009, 10:44:01 AM »
Many who knew or worked with him found him a right royal pain in the posterior.  A big personality certainly, but rather charmless in real life.  Great TV though, so let that be his legacy along with his cooking.
Cat on a hot tin roof

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal