Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Hi, just joined up!  (Read 3056 times)

Offline Kefgirl

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Hi, just joined up!
« on: August 26, 2009, 07:53:01 PM »
Hello to you all  :)
I'm so glad I found this excellent forum.
Pete and I are going to the Kulube on 5th Oct for 2 weeks.
We've never been to Turkey before, although we've always wanted to.
We go to Kefalonia a lot (hence my username!) and use a few Kef forums regularly.
Really looking forward to learning a lot from you all, I've read as much as I could on here, before posting.
Will the evenings be nice and warm?
 I'd really value any info from anyone who has stayed at the Kulube, or any resort "must do" or "must avoid" advice.
Will stop rambling now and just wait to chat with you.
Cheers..... :)

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=4243.0
Shine on, you crazy diamond.

Offline Chrissie

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • www.enjoykalkan.com
    • Share Post
Re: Hi, just joined up!
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2009, 08:18:49 PM »
 ;) You will be coming to the Kulube as I leave ........ I am sorry we wont meet.
I have always stayed at the Kulube ....did give another Hotel a try one year but was miserable !!!! :'(
You will love it I'm sure ,so friendly ,and in my opinion the best veiws in the world.
A bit out of town so there is a complimentary bus into town,but walk back or taxi.It is a long walk,some hills ::)it depends how active you are. !!The evenings have always been fine for me but they can be a bit chilly for some.I usually pack a couple of little shrugs to cover the shoulders if needed,or buy a couple of very cheap but warm pashminas in the village.The Kulube does do evening meals too and I sometimes enjoy staying there for a couple of evenings.It is so relaxing,and I really do look on it as my second home.Kalkan is so beautiful,so are the people ...I have never holidayed anywhere else since I discovered it about twelve years ago,and Alan and I discovered Turkey and its beauty before tourism found Turkey really.Although we had fantastic times in other places,once I found Kalkan I can't be tempted away from it. ;) I also know that if Alan doesn't come with me....he doesn't always want to go away ........ I can stay at the Kulube on my own and feel safe and looked after.You will love it !!!!!! Now I will shut up... :-*

Offline Kefgirl

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2009, 08:38:32 PM »
Chrissie,
Thanks so much for your prompt reply, you've completely set my mind at rest!
I hope you have a fantastic time (sounds as if that's a certainty!)
Many thanks for the useful information  :)
Cathy.

Offline Enjoy Kalkan

• Administrator
  • Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 69
    • Share Post
    • EnjoyKalkan
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2009, 08:45:09 PM »
Hi Cathy,

Welcome to EK glad you found us - We have been to Kefalonia and whilst we loved it prefer Kalkan, which part of Kefalonia did you go to?

Offline Kefgirl

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2009, 08:55:15 PM »
Hi EK.
We always go to Lourdas, although we get around the Island as well, Lourdas has a bit of magic for us. We go every May, it's my "fix" of sunshine after the British Winter.
Normally we go somewhere else each September. This year, for assorted reasons it had to be October.
It sounds as if we'll be repeating our visit to Kalkan, judging by everyones enthusiasm!

Offline AllanChris

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 1
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2009, 11:07:52 PM »
Hi Kefgirl, Chris and I went to Kefalonia the year they filmed Captain Corelli's Mandolin. We stayed in Lourdas at The Hotel Lara. We saw some of the film sets and scenery at Sami, but some other areas were out of bounds due to the filming. We thought Assos was lovely, we had a delicious lunch there at a Taverna by the waters edge.   We visited Fiskardo as well. It was a special holiday because we met up with some friends we hadn't seen for over 20 years. We enjoyed Lassi beach, which in May was not too crowded! We were thinking of returning soon, but have heard that the airport cannot cope with the volume of tourists, perhaps you can let us know if that is the case!
We are back in Kalkan in October for our 5th visit. We love it!    Best regards, Chris and Allan.
Keep On Rockin' In The Free World!

Offline anne41

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 4
  • young at heart
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2009, 11:10:00 PM »
Hi all let me introduce myself - I have just joined up too - been hovering for a few days to see how thing work - going to Kalkan 24th Sept for 2 weeks - never been to turkey before - was a bit apprehensive - cause love all things Greek - thats where we usually go - but thought we would try Turkey this year cause of the euro - know lots of folks are doing that!!!!!
This forum has been great - providing loads of info already - so glad I found it- thanks to everyone who manages this

Offline Reygirl

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 9
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2009, 11:14:20 PM »
Hi Kefgirl - my friend and I had a lovely holiday in Sami the year before we ventured to Kalkan (and Turkey) for the first time.  There's been nowhere else to live up to my expectations ever since!  I'm sure you'll love it.

Offline Chrissie

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • www.enjoykalkan.com
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2009, 11:41:10 PM »
 :D Hi Anne , there will be a few from the forum in late September,early October.I hope we can meet up at some point.Chrissie.

Offline anne41

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 4
  • young at heart
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2009, 12:28:31 AM »
Thanks Chrissie - will keep in touch through this forum - staying at a villa up the back somewhere??? as I don't know Kalkan just now can't give much more info. am still researching stuff! take it you know the place well?

Offline Kefgirl

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2009, 07:57:28 AM »
Thanks for the lovely welcome from you all!
AllanChris, the airport is fine when you arrive, quite efficient, but when you're leaving, the queues are lengthy (but I'm so chilled out after my hol, that I don't really care by then!)
We have stayed at the Lara many times, but this year took a villa just along the side lane from the Lara that is newly built, it was fantastic, but very expensive, as there was just us two. We've booked for Kekatos apartments a bit lower down the hill for May 2010. We still go to the Lara for a drink and the BBQ night, but it's in need of a refurb now, and Ericos has it up for sale, as he wants to retire.
Honestly, I wouldn't let tales of the airport put you off (but we always go in May, so can't comment on what it's like in Jul/Aug)  The forums that I'm a member of never seem to have issues with it in high season though.
Best wishes, Cathy

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Just Joined

Started by ArtesianWaters on Introduce Yourself

1 Replies
Last post June 29, 2020, 12:28:17 PM
by cleworthallray
xx
Just joined

Started by Villa B on Introduce Yourself

3 Replies
Last post October 26, 2010, 07:44:40 PM
by Villa B
xx
Finally joined

Started by Mick the Loiner on Introduce Yourself

5 Replies
Last post April 15, 2010, 06:55:33 AM
by kim21
xx
Newly joined but not new to Kalkan

Started by tortoise lady on Introduce Yourself

18 Replies
Last post February 08, 2011, 07:43:25 PM
by misty

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Harbour

Views: 2548
By: Pompeyalbie
Sunrise from Bellamine