Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Just Back from Wonderful Kalkan  (Read 2135 times)

Offline Leigh

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 2
    • Share Post
Just Back from Wonderful Kalkan
« on: August 18, 2009, 11:33:23 AM »
This was our first trip to Turkey and we stayed at the Asfiya Hotel last week in July, first week in August - loved Kalkan from the start.

The hotel was fabulous, the staff were friendly and helpful, all areas spotlessly clean, the swimming pool was large and getting a sunbed was never a problem. We stayed in the honeymoon suite (although we weren't actually on honeymoon!) which was positioned on the roof, had a huge balcony/terrace with table and chairs, parasol, two sunbeds, two bean bags and fab uninterrupted 360 degree views of Kalkan, the hills, and the bay.  The hotel had spa facilities, I had a aromatherapy full body massage which cost me £30 - problably one of the best massages I have ever had.

We ate out every night and found the quality of the restaurants to be excellent.  Our favourites were Olive Garden (free starters and mini dohnuts with cream for pud), Trio and Alternatif.  We were surprised just how many there are to choose from - I think if we had been staying for 4 months, we still wouldn't have managed to eat in all of them - how do they all sustain a living???  All meals were of a very high standard, the only negative comment I have is that when we ate at Rendevous, we ordered our meal at 8.45 p.m. and by 9.50 pm, it still had not arrived.  When we asked what was happening, it was obvious that they had mislaid our order.  The food eventually came at 10.20 p.m. and was very nice but by then, I think I was past it - not really much of an apology and nothing off the bill.

Apart from visiting the Yali Beach Club a couple of times, I'm afraid we didn't do anything else apart from vegetate on our sun beds, the main reason being that it was just too hot.  Hubbie went to the market but got up at 0730 hours, was there for 0800 and back in the room at 0915, said he couldn't have possible gone in the heat of the day.

We just loved everything about Kalkan, the location, the friendly people, the restaurants.  I can certainly understand why people get bitten by the "Kalkan bug" - we will deffo be back next year, and if we can afford to, would like to come back for a week end of September when it is a bit cooler and so enabling us to see a bit more the place - I would love to go horse riding on Pataras beach.  We have holidayed abroad for 25 years now and Kalkan is the only place I would have been happy to stay for another 2 weeks, usually after 10/11 days, I am ready for home - speaks for itself.

On a final note, I have to say that I am so glad that this forum exists, it was great having read other people's opinions on restaurants, hotels etc before we came.  We would be walking around looking for a place to eat and would come across one and I would say, ooh that one had a really good write up on Enjoy Kalkan - let's give it a try. 

Leigh

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=4159.0

Offline Mrs Enjoy Kalkan

• Administrator
  • EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 13
    • Share Post
Re: Just Back from Wonderful Kalkan
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2009, 01:57:29 PM »
Thanks Leigh, what a great report. September is a great time to go and it has cooled down a bit by then.

Offline claire

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2009, 05:22:32 PM »
Loved reading that - I'm well chilled out now!  O0 O0 ;)

Offline Chucky

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 16
  • Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive!!
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2009, 08:33:31 PM »
Thanks for your report, Leigh and glad that you found the information on the forum helpful.
Joan

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

smiley
from Istanbul,to wonderful Kalkan

Started by clover on Introduce Yourself

4 Replies
Last post April 17, 2010, 09:40:25 AM
by clover
xx
Our wonderful BT

Started by MartynE on The Everything Else Area!

10 Replies
Last post July 22, 2013, 05:28:21 PM
by brian j p
xx
Have a truly wonderful marriage

Started by Wally on The Everything Else Area!

0 Replies
Last post April 28, 2011, 08:01:12 PM
by Wally
xx
Newbie to your wonderful site

Started by Dorby Perry on Introduce Yourself

3 Replies
Last post January 26, 2010, 07:24:20 PM
by Enjoy Kalkan

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

view of kalkan

Views: 3938
By: kipple
Kas Harbour