Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Please help!  (Read 2912 times)

Offline planet-y

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Please help!
« on: August 04, 2009, 07:49:29 PM »
Hi,
I have just booked my flights and villa and ready for my first time in kalkan.

I've have made a villa booking with a company called Special Locations part of Advantage Properties International, can anyone shed any light on this company as I need to know for peace of mind that my money is safe.

I have been asked for passport no., d.o.b and address is this normal for a villa rental booking?

There website is www.speciallocations.co.uk if that helps.

I have paid a 30% deposit which was advertised on the holidaylettings.co.uk website as being fully refundable if cancelled before 4 weeks, however on their terms and conditions on their website it clearly states that deposits are non-refundable as it is part of the cancellation charge.

In addition the address I have been given for the villa is:

WHITE DREAM VILLA
Mentese Mahallesi, Yayla Caddesi Muz Sokak, No: 1
07960 Kalkan / Kas / Antalya

Have tried typing in google maps but nothing.

Furthermore I recieved an email from the agent stating that I will need to contact her colleague a day before departure to meet for check in.

His office is:
YALI BOYU MAHALLESI SEHITLER CADDESI NO:2 KISLA,KALKAN

SHORT ADRESS: IN FRONT OF THE ADDA TOUR in KALKAN

Also the company address is:
ADVANTAGE PROPERTIES INTERNATIONAL - SPECIAL LOCATIONS

BODRUM OFFICE
Yalikavak Marina 3. Kapi Karsisi
No: 47/B 48430 Yalikavak / Bodrum / TURKEY
Yalikavak Marina 3. Kapi Karsisi No: 47/B 48430 Yalikavak / Bodrum / TURKEY

If anyone could help to identify if any of these address is true and accurate it would be greatly appreciated.

It may be nothing to worry about and but if something seems dodgy it sometimes is, and I'm not concerned that I will have a bit of fight on my hands if I need to get this deposit back.

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=4042.0

Offline Rosie

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
Re: Please help!
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2009, 08:18:10 AM »
Hi Planet-y

I think it's quite normal for villa rental companies/individuals for the deposit to be kept if cancellations occur more than 12 weeks prior to the departure.
As other potential bookings could have been lost during the time you have it reserved for your holiday. 

However, if you're concerned about booking through a bona fide company have you thought of booking independantly? There are lots of lovely villas to choose from which you could book direct with the owners - have a look on owners direct. You will get peace of mind and first hand info about the villa etc. assistance with booking transfers and information to help with booking flights.

I hope your concerns don't overshadow your visit to Kalkan as I'm sure whatever you decide, once there you will enjoy..
Rosie

Offline Enişte

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 7
    • Share Post
  • Resident: Yes
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2009, 08:39:56 AM »
I believe that the White Dream development (villas plus 4 small blocks of 4 apartments each, very new) is upon the new Fethiye road from the petrol station.

I have been checking out ownersdirect for a friend - he has a villa (also available as 2 apartments) in KiÅŸla.  Payment seems to be on arrival but I have suggested that he consider a 10% deposit, refundable for any cancellatıon more than 2-3 weeks before arrival

Offline Enjoy Kalkan

• Administrator
  • Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 69
    • Share Post
    • EnjoyKalkan
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2009, 09:00:56 AM »
Also remember to check EK accommodation section  ;)

Offline planet-y

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2009, 08:54:57 PM »
Thank you all for your help.

I have got in contact with the company today and everything has been sorted.

The deposit is refundable and I wont have to pay the rest of the money till I get there. She's given me the no. of the agent who will meet us at the villa to give the keys, and I don't have to give out any personal details that I feel uncomfortable about giving.

I'm really looking forward to my holiday now, and from what i've heard kalkan is amazing.  ;D

Offline SusanM

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2009, 10:40:45 AM »
Hi there,
I have been renting the white dream villa this year (in July) through Special Locations and we had such a wonderful time. The check in was very well organised and the Special Locations agent very helpful. There is actually 3 villas there and we were staying in the White dream Villa 1. The villas are on a new road in Kalkan so it is not yet on the google earth map!
Special Locations has 3 agencies in Turkey and we rented last year in Bodrum with them, it was wonderful as well and i would recommend Bodrum for your next trip!! I am sure you will enjoy your holiday as the villas are very new and the views fantastic.

Enjoy Kalkan and don't worry.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal