Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: first time in kalkan  (Read 1961 times)

Offline izzy35

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
first time in kalkan
« on: July 29, 2009, 09:54:09 PM »
Hi all, been back over a week now and thought i should share my views on Kalkan.  It is a beautiful harbour without a doubt, picturesque and peaceful during the day with the contrast of the bustle during the evening.  The accomodation was nice however my good lady and i did find the bar staff to be moody (see what you mean about the pressure to buy tickets for the turksih night).  We prefer to venture away from the hotel in the evening to make the most of our holiday.  We felt we had offended them when it was us that were insulted by their manner when we explained we wasn't interested.  We ended up apologising for not wanting to attend. Are they on commission?
The restaurants varied, we found the cheap ones did better food than some of the more expensive!! However not all as we spent our anniversary at the olive garden and it was perfect. We coped with the hills - just - some taxi drivers are  abusing this as we paid some inflated prices but it is the same all over the world.  I gave up on fishing as i wasn't able to get anyone to take me seriously.  We both enjoyed Kas during the day and fethiye.  We found the people to be friendly enough but did feel bemused by the amount of villas for sale they all seemed to have one to sell.  We were both surprised at the noise and some of the activities going on.  Kalkan felt very English and it was not quite what we expected.  The tourist rate is interesting and the restaurants are ridiculous on decent imported wines.  However we did have a good time.  We will visit again in the future and see if it continues to grow into little england with the noisy nightlife etc. I just wish we had gone years a go before it grew as some locals showed us photos  and explained the changes.  They were also concerned about the 'natashas' as they want Kalkan to remain clean.  Look forward to your replies and our visit to kalkan in the future   

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=4002.0

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

recycled
First Time in Kalkan, In fact - First Time Abroad Alone!! HELP!!

Started by ed2 on General Discussion

23 Replies
Last post July 12, 2010, 11:42:34 AM
by alantj
xx
Kalkan for the first time!

Started by BoydieBobs on Introduce Yourself

11 Replies
Last post June 13, 2014, 11:25:46 AM
by Lizilu20
xx
1ST TIME TO KALKAN

Started by jimmo on Introduce Yourself

8 Replies
Last post July 13, 2009, 11:07:10 PM
by jimmo
recycled
hi first time in kalkan

Started by martin danielle on General Discussion

3 Replies
Last post June 10, 2010, 05:30:46 AM
by kim21

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Diner for two

Views: 3747
By: Rosire

Views: 3714