Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: 1ST TIME TO KALKAN  (Read 2077 times)

Offline jimmo

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
1ST TIME TO KALKAN
« on: July 12, 2009, 10:13:04 PM »
Hello everybody,my name is Jim I come from Newcastle upon Tyne,and I have been going to Turkey since 1994. Love the country,and have met some very, very nice Turkish people on my visits.I am coming to Kalkan for the first time on August 6Th for 2 weeks with my family and friends there are 11 of us 7 adults and 4 teenagers staying in a villa.I have been a EK member for a while and have read lots of the remarks about Kalkan.So i Thought it was about time I went live and introduced myself, so that i can ask a few questions as it won't be long (25 days to go).  :)

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=3858.0

Offline toffeelad

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • COYB..
    • Share Post
Re: 1ST TIME TO KALKAN
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2009, 10:29:38 PM »
Welcome Jim..You will not be disappointed with Kalkan. We are over at the same time and we have a teenage lad (16) with us. We have relatives in Ashington (love it up there).
Any how i`m sure that your questions will be answered as they are not a bad bunch on here lol.
You will Enjoy Kalkan.

Toffeelad
Its nice to be important,
but its more important to be nice.

Offline Enjoy Kalkan

• Administrator
  • Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 69
    • Share Post
    • EnjoyKalkan
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2009, 10:38:41 PM »
Hi Jim,

Welcome to EnjoyKalkan, its great when people take the time to introduce themselves  :)

Offline jimmo

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2009, 11:23:14 PM »
Thanks Toffeelad, you must be an Evertonian then, I've been a Toon Supporter for 43 years and my heart is aching at the moment.Hoping 2 weeks in Kalkan will start to heal it.

Jimmo :'(

Offline jimmo

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2009, 11:30:45 PM »
Thanks E.K
This is a great site and very friendly and informative for people like me who are going to Kalkan on their first visit.Keep up your great work. People do appreciate your time and effort.

Jimmo.
p.s where can i now find all the past comments  on places to eat and drink, supermarkets, doctors etc etc. :)

Offline turkeyfan

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 17
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2009, 06:42:12 AM »
Hi Jimmo,

Welcome to EK, you will find us a friendly bunch so ask away with any questions you may have.

To find out about restaurants, shops etc go the the first page 'Kalkan Forum', you will see that there are lots of different sections - about 1/4 of the way down (in the first section), there is one headed restaurants, nightlife and shopping - scroll down and all the info you want will be in there.

Alternatively, if you have a look on www.turkishlocalnews.com, there is an a-z of all businesses - its worth registering on that site too as there is loads of info on there as well.

Just to warn you tho - do expect to be bitten by the Kalkan bug when you visit!!
Currently have a duplex apartment in Kiziltas which we visit as often as we can.

Offline Enişte

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 7
    • Share Post
  • Resident: Yes
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2009, 11:31:27 AM »
Welcome Jimmo!

I am sure that Kalkan will dull the relegation pain!  It certainly numbed me after 2 points from the first 8 games for Spurs last season.  Perhaps you can make sure everyone notices you by getting one of those snazzy yellow and white away shirts!

Offline davidm

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 1
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2009, 01:39:05 PM »
Hey Jim, I'll be there the same time (our second visit) - just the four of us though - oh and I'll be listening out for the Prem results this season rather than Championship ones (45 years a Wolves fan!). I've always had a soft spot for newcastle - my mum was a fan - and I went up there the last time we were in the greed league!

I'll look out for the accents!

Offline jimmo

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2009, 11:07:10 PM »
Hi all, many thanks to Turkeyfan for the site directions.I'm off to look there now, also thanks to Eniste for the welcome however I don't think I will buy one of those away shirts thanks, and finally thanks Davidm for the welcome, look forward to bumping into you when we are there.Well done Mick for getting you up.The best thing mick did for us was take the Mackems down. :)

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

recycled
First Time in Kalkan, In fact - First Time Abroad Alone!! HELP!!

Started by ed2 on General Discussion

23 Replies
Last post July 12, 2010, 11:42:34 AM
by alantj
recycled
hi first time in kalkan

Started by martin danielle on General Discussion

3 Replies
Last post June 10, 2010, 05:30:46 AM
by kim21
recycled
1st time in Kalkan

Started by howellc1981 on General Discussion

5 Replies
Last post August 27, 2008, 08:18:13 PM
by Cuddles
recycled
First time to Kalkan?

Started by Enjoy Kalkan on General Discussion

0 Replies
Last post March 17, 2008, 08:45:35 PM
by Enjoy Kalkan

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal