Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Baggage allowance help!  (Read 10468 times)

Offline kt29

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
Baggage allowance help!
« on: July 20, 2009, 05:40:03 PM »
AAARGHH!! Having trouble finding out whether we can pool the baggage allowance of 15kg each?? Have booked thru' Flightline travel agents, and our ticket agents are Kiss flights, actually flying with Pegasus outbound and Freebird inbound from Gatwick. Have asked Flightline and they are trying to get answers via Kiss flights who are supposedly getting answers from the actual airlines...but no joy so far! I have contacted (via e-mail) Freebird and received a broken-english reply that it's ok to pool weight of 2 passengers in 1 case weighing 30kg, at least I think that's what she meant, but have had no success with Pegasus. Really think the travel agents need to get back to me, but just wondered whether anyone out there has had same problem???
I am travelling with a friend of mine and her 2 children and she was hoping that she could at least pool the children's baggage allowance of 15kg each into one case of 30kg and then only have one other case of her own at 15kg....rather than end up being the one lugging 3 cases of 15kg each. Help anyone!!

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=3918.0

Offline jayne

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
    • Love Kalkan
  • Owner: Yes
Re: Baggage allowance help!
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2009, 07:26:55 PM »
you are OK to pool luggage allowance but you can't usually take a single case weighing more than 23kg.

Offline kt29

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2009, 09:20:24 PM »
Thanks for replying...so you mean my friend could take 2 suitcases of 22kgs each if she pools the weight allowance for herself and her two children = 45kgs? Have you flown with our particular airline(s)?

Offline clara48

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2009, 10:14:35 AM »
We had this problem with the airline we flew with, Thomson actually, the website and the tour company person we spoke to on the phone gave conflicting advice, it was really confusing. Eventually my Hubby rang the airport explained the dilemma and they actually put him through to the baggage handlers department, so he had it from the horse's mouth so to speak. We had paid for extra baggage and weren't sure whether we could pool our allowances and what the weight limit for one case would be or whether we'd have to spread it between two pieces of hold luggage each. Of course different airlines and baggage handling companies have different rules, hope you get some sense in the end, if you're like me you have to have everything clear before getting to the airport.

Offline jayne

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
    • Love Kalkan
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2009, 10:19:53 AM »
Yes, that would be OK. My daughter flew with Kiss (Pegasus) in June but she only had one fairly small suitcase. I'm not sure of their exact policy but I think it is a general rule that cases are not to weigh more than 23kg - baggage handlers won't accept them.

Offline MartynE

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 121
  • Living the Kalkan dream? Maybe...
    • Share Post
    • Kalkan Secrets
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2009, 06:09:51 PM »
Let's just be thankful Ryanair don't fly to Dalaman, because that would REALLY cause some confusion over baggage allowances!

Offline DRBD

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 129
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2009, 07:44:08 AM »
Think that most airlines now show the max allowed for each piece of luggage at the check-in, which includes your hand luggage, anything over that is not allowed. Some will however allow you to pack any excess into another bag/holdall and you pay the excess amount.

Have been on quite a few trips of late, short & long haul, amazing what people have to take out & repack, at the check out , the mind boggles!!!
Age & Treachery will overcome Youth & Skill

Offline InojAye

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2009, 03:05:01 PM »
         When I am in other places and i got many things with me. I use some baggage's with me . But i send it first before my flight.

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2009, 10:30:49 AM »
Not all airlines allow you to pool the baggage allowance, even if the case weighs below 23k (I thought it was 26k for a single case, but err on the side of caution)
Think you might need to persist with the airlines, Kt29. It's usually printed on your tickets, or on the airline's website in T&C's.
Good luck
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline turkeyfan

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 17
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2009, 08:04:20 PM »
We've just booked flights with Airflights (airline is Viking) and have paid £15 (each way) for an extra 10kg of luggage each- taking us up to 25kg each - they are also allowing us to take 3 suitcases between 2 of us.
The good thing is that you can pay for extra baggage for each leg of the journey which is great if you won't be bringing your extra luggage back.
Currently have a duplex apartment in Kiziltas which we visit as often as we can.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

question
Baggage allowance

Started by mabel on Flights and Travel

1 Replies
Last post May 20, 2010, 02:26:44 PM
by turkeyfan
xx
Luggage Allowance Resolved!

Started by Sheez on Flights and Travel

4 Replies
Last post January 22, 2010, 09:21:42 AM
by Blue Lizard
xx
easy jet luggage allowance - CONFUSED!

Started by AMY-WARD on Flights and Travel

3 Replies
Last post July 17, 2010, 11:04:11 AM
by AMY-WARD
question
15kg allowance with Aegean Flights...

Started by Amndwr on Flights and Travel

4 Replies
Last post August 24, 2010, 09:56:04 AM
by Amndwr

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Our swimming pool

Views: 2647
By: turkeyfan
Kalkan 2001