Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: questions re club patara time share units  (Read 3066 times)

Offline nancynb

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
questions re club patara time share units
« on: July 19, 2009, 03:21:31 AM »
I had traded into a time share unit in Side (and RCI trade) and have just now discovered that the unit is an all inclusive (with over $1000 ..we are from Canadda...fees for the week).  This is not what i had intended...we do not ever use that amount of food/beverage in a week so it is not good value for us.
RCI (who did not even know the resort was AI) has offered me a one bedroom unit in Club Patara in Kalkan, but the unit has no AC.
Can anyone comment on the time share units at Club Patara and also whether we will be miserable without air con in the middle of September.  I have until Monday to confirm or reject the offer.
Have posted on Trip Advisor also, but thought the  Enjoy Kalkan folks might be more in the know.
Thanks for any advice.

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=3912.0

baklavabuddy

baklavabuddy
Re: questions re club patara time share units
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2009, 08:56:56 AM »
It is very hot in September and personally would not be able to manage without air con
What does anyone else think?

Offline Cosetta

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 54
    • Share Post
    • Villa Incantata
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: Yes
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2009, 09:42:57 AM »
We were owners of a 1-bdrm time share in Club Patara bought while still under construction in 1995.  Not only they have no AC, the living room is all glass (great view), so you die of heat in there even in September. 

Also, the time share units are not being maintained by the mgmt of Club Patara so likely yours will be as run down as ours was.  Although we paid high yearly fees, in 10 years the mgmt never changed our mildewed and broken terrace umbrella, or repaired the old, cracked and deteriorated kitchenette, or changed the dusty and worn upholstery.

We ended up giving away that time share unit just to stop the bleeding.
Villa Incantata - http://kalkan-turkey.com

Offline Enjoy Kalkan

• Administrator
  • Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 69
    • Share Post
    • EnjoyKalkan
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2009, 10:42:51 AM »
I cant comment on the timeshare side of Club Patara, only on our villa there. Initially we did not have air-con and found September fine as the stone wall construction kept the place cool inside - I suppose the irony is we purchased air-con to use as heating as we found on cooler nights in April / October the property became cold !

As for the maintenance, I know recently there has been a lot of work going on at Club Patara replacing wooden staircases etc as they seem to be steering away from timeshare towards property sales.

Offline msr

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 10
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2009, 06:07:43 PM »
Sorry can't comment on the time share units at Club Patara, however we have a villa there and in the middle of September would hardly ever need the A/C. As Jon says the stone walls keep it cool , also the evenings do not have the intensity of mid summer heat so sleeping would be OK.

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2009, 06:42:43 PM »
if it's too hot rent a fan ;)
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline sally

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 3
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2009, 07:58:01 PM »
Agree with you, Blue Lizard - I far prefer a fan to air con & September won't be that hot - specially not at night.

Offline nancynb

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2009, 03:52:50 AM »
Thank you all for your input.  I really appreciate it.  I do believe we could live with a fan and no AC...but I am equally concerned about  Cosetta's comments re the poor condition of the units.  And of course I am really annoyed with RCI for messing up my original booking elsewhere on the coast (booked almost a year ago and built a trip around it!!).  Because we do also have accommodations in Kalkan later in the trip, I am going to pass on Club Petara for that week. As perfect as I know Kalkan will be, I do also want to explore elsewhere for this first trip to Turkey. Thanks again.
Looking forward to September.

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2009, 09:01:37 AM »
Why not take the opportunity to inspect the accommodation you were offered..then you can rip into them if it's not what you were promised when you paid the company who sold it you...either way i'm sure you will love Kalkan!! embrace it's charm and let the locals win you over ;) :D
(p.s. let us know the outcome when you get back!)

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
first time visit - end June - many questions!

Started by RosaMoline on General Discussion

9 Replies
Last post June 16, 2010, 10:22:54 PM
by bevilj
xx
Club Patara

Started by stevelynn on Living In Kalkan

1 Replies
Last post July 18, 2012, 08:02:08 PM
by Chucky
smiley
Internet at Club Patara?

Started by clover on General Discussion

5 Replies
Last post April 17, 2010, 09:29:26 PM
by clover
xx
Pink Beach Club Patara

Started by Bob & Jayne on Places to Visit / Things to Do / Excursions

8 Replies
Last post June 22, 2014, 07:37:19 AM
by rookie

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Mrs A at Adem's

Views: 66
By: antler
The Girls