Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: The garage with swimming pool  (Read 2862 times)

Offline phil3

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
The garage with swimming pool
« on: July 08, 2009, 09:34:23 AM »
Hi
Coming over to Kalkan early hours of Saturday morning for the first time and we cannot wait.   We cannot get into our villa until late afternoon but I read that there is a garage with a swimming pool.  We were wondering if we could use this facility on route to Kalkan.  Does it have sunbeds?  Can we hire towels?  Are we far from Kalkan if we used the garage as a pit stop?   Would appreciate any advice.
Thanks
PS  What a terrific website.  We feel as though we aleady know the place just need to feel the heat!

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=3818.0

Offline onelove

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 108
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: Yes
Re: The garage with swimming pool
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2009, 11:02:11 AM »
Hi Phil3,

We are always saying that we are going to stop at this place, but as yet hav''nt, it looks really nice......sorry cant help with details regarding hire of towels etc, but this is Turkey, so I really cant see that you wont be able to hire/ lend what you need/want......I can tell you that this "pit stop" is approx half way to Kalkan. Please let us know if you do pay a visit.     Hope you have a great holiday
Latest weather report...... Large outbreaks of Efes followed by intermitent spells of vodka and tonic ;-))
www.kalamardream.com

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2009, 11:13:17 AM »
There are a couple with pools..one is on the side you will be driving,This just has tables and chairs around it,only seen people from jeep safaris in it....the other is on the other side of the road..this one has grass surrounds and seems to have more people when we have passed..why not take a medium sized towel each in your flight bags?you will probably want a wash and brush up anyway.... ;)
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline turkeyfan

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 17
    • Share Post
  • Resident: No
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2009, 11:26:18 AM »
Another alternative is to use the swimming pool of a hotel near the villa you will be staying in.

Most of the hotels will be happy to let you use their facilties as long as you buy your food and drink there.
Currently have a duplex apartment in Kiziltas which we visit as often as we can.

Offline phil3

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2009, 11:35:54 AM »
Thanks for all this advice.  Ideally we would like to stop and freshen up half way to Kalkan.  Seems as though we may just do this. 
Can I please ask one more silly question?  Is the garage a Shell/Esso garage? We have been give directions to our villa and there seems to be a lot of gargages on route.  Also is this garage before the Gocek tunnel or after?  I''m sure with 7 of us travelling one of us spot the pool!!
Thanks again
Phil

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2009, 11:45:09 AM »
they are after the Gocek tunnel...about 1 hour(ish) from Dalaman..beware speeding ! ;)

Offline howmad

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 5
    • Share Post
  • Resident: Yes
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2009, 12:39:30 PM »
 You say you are arriving in the early hours of Saturday morning, I am not sure if the two garages mentioned will be fully open. While you might find an attendant at some of the many garages on route you would not want to spend much time at one. I am also fairly sure that they would not have towels for hire. I think the post about using a hotel pool until your villa is ready is a more sensible option or even driving down to one of the beach clubs. It is very much dependent on what time you are arriving. There is very little open between 2am and 7 or 8am. You also would need to be sprayed up with insect repellent(mosquitoes) if you are hanging about in the early hours.

Offline phil3

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2009, 01:11:48 PM »
We arrive at 4.30am on Saturday 11th.  By the time we get our car hire sorted and then sort out ourseves we will be lucky if we are on route by 6am. 
Great advice about the mosquito repellent, I really didn''t give that a thought! 
Perhaps a beach club at Kalkan is a good idea as we have all our luggage and we would just make sure anything required would be at the top.  I think our villa is next to Palm Beach Club. I like the sound of that.  We can always make a stop for something to eat and do some sightseeing if not to tired.
Many thanks for all the great advice yet again!  Off to start the packing.
Regards
Phil

Offline izzi

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2009, 04:38:39 PM »
im with you phil good idea stopping at hotel pol for swim and refreshments try efes it sounds good xx

Offline Kalkan regular

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 80
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2009, 05:27:36 PM »
You might find it better to take a few mosquito wipes, rather than liquid, to use when you arrive as they are easier to use and you don''t have the liquids in hand luggage problem.

Offline Jamera

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 1
    • Share Post
    • Villa Jamera
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2009, 08:14:13 PM »
I agree and would recommend palm beach club

http://www.palmbeachkalkan.com/

They may not hire towels but they have great showers / loos etc if you want to freshen up - if fact when we have change-over timings with our guests who may have to vacate early, then we also suggest using Palm Beach and we arrange that their transfers pick them up from there

Offline clara48

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2009, 10:23:30 PM »
We''ve stopped quite a few times at one of the garages with a pool, the one on the side of the road we were travelling on to Kalkan. In fact we stopped there going and coming back two weeks ago. Didn''t use the pool but there were a few people using it, they also had patio chairs and tables around the pool, not sure about hiring towels though. Used the toilet facilities which were always spotless whether during the day or in the early hours and the people working there were really friendly. Had a light meal there and the food was very good too, they also have a small gift shop selling souvenirs. Good place to stop on route.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Public Swimming Pool

Started by storm1959 on General Discussion

10 Replies
Last post May 25, 2010, 07:05:03 PM
by lynda
xx
swimming pool heating

Started by onelove on General Discussion

0 Replies
Last post April 18, 2011, 07:21:06 PM
by onelove
xx
Looking for a garage or a safe parking space

Started by si18665 on Classifieds - Wanted

12 Replies
Last post December 09, 2013, 09:42:50 PM
by satovod
xx
Swimming with Dolphins

Started by misty on Places to Visit / Things to Do / Excursions

7 Replies
Last post May 12, 2008, 07:11:29 AM
by felicity

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

"Bottoms Up" at Adams!

Views: 3384
By: antler
Holiday cat