Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Mohito nightclub  (Read 11347 times)

Offline Enişte

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 7
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: Yes
Re: Mohito nightclub
« Reply #40 on: August 21, 2009, 09:39:05 AM »
Perhaps the car had been parked there earlier.  They could then have got out of the exclusion zone, albeit slowly.
It would have been a very tıght manoeuvre to turn the car around outside the bar and the other direction is blocked by a metre high wall and metal staircase. 
I still think that this whole strand should be moved and retitled, in fairness to Mohito's.  And before anyone complains, I have never been to this bar, nor do I own any shares in it
« Last Edit: August 21, 2009, 09:41:22 AM by EniÅŸte »

Offline michelle2

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
« Reply #41 on: August 21, 2009, 12:51:07 PM »
With reference to Lantana's post with the quote 'some stories take on a life of their own', it wasn't a story it was somehting that happened in Kalkan, how the car got there and got out again is something that probably can't be answered but the fact is the incident happened and the Jandarma were also involved.  I to have visited Kalkan a few times over the years and it is a shame to think that this sort of thing could possibly be happening to such a lovely, once trouble free place.  It was a terrible incident and I know there will be many Kalkan lovers that will say that this has all been made up to try and ruin Kalkans reputation but you need to accept that these crimes albeit quite rare are happening.

Offline katieh

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
« Reply #42 on: August 21, 2009, 12:55:59 PM »
Well, we are flying out to Kalkan on Monday, and I have to say...I am a little worried now  :(

Offline Enişte

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 7
    • Share Post
« Reply #43 on: August 21, 2009, 01:07:00 PM »
katie

I really don't think you need to worry unduly.  I hope that you and yours have a trouble-free and relaxing holiday, as do the huge majority of visitors.

michelle
I hope my earlier post did not suggest that the nasty incident was made up, but the use of a car in this area seemed unlikely, given the layout of the area and the numbers of people that would likely have been around in town on a July evening

Offline michelle2

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #44 on: August 21, 2009, 01:18:06 PM »
Katie

Im sure you will have a lovely time, Kalkan is a lovely place and these sorts of incidents are rare but I just think people should be made aware that this resort isnt 100% trouble free.

Eniste

I to was suprised when I learned what had happened to my son and his friends on their recent visit, we all like to think of Kalkan to be one of the best places in the world trouble and crime free!  Unfortunately it isn't and like I said these incidents are allbeit very rare but people need to understand that they are happening.

Offline heyho

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #45 on: August 21, 2009, 07:39:21 PM »
I'm sorry but it's time someone came out with it - the recent 'unsavoury goings on' post that was shutdown refers to just this type of incident - not necessarily the one being called into question here, but at least two others, one outside the Oasis Hotel and one outside the Pasha Apart Hotel, where a car pulled up and tried to drag a woman into it. 

It has also been happening in the Fethiye area.

There.  Someone's said it.  Whether it happened outside the Mohito Bar or not, it certainly has happened in Kalkan, the most recent attack being only 2 weeks ago.

Ladies, don't walk home on your own after dark, and even if you're in a group, perhaps carry a can of something like hairspray in your bag to spray into eyes.

Offline foreverkalkan

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
« Reply #46 on: August 21, 2009, 09:19:21 PM »
thank you heyho, at least we now know what we're looking for, my daughter and I was there at the begining of month and was being followed between those 2 hotels untill a friend came along in his car, it wont put me off coming to Kalkan but I will be more careful

Offline tog miester

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #47 on: August 23, 2009, 02:58:15 PM »
Sorry have been away for a few days, missed quite a lot! This thread is obviously pretty dead now. I do not want to start it again but there was a post about cars not being allowed through after a certain time. Quite true. However there is a car park in front of the place that can hold 30 vehicles. What if it was already parked there before the one way came into force.!
Banned!! Delete my account please.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Sun set over Kisla Bay

Views: 3199
By: zros
Turkish Flag