Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: The new boy from Bearsden...  (Read 1683 times)

Offline BearsdenTony

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
The new boy from Bearsden...
« on: June 27, 2009, 12:18:48 PM »
Greetings to all from sunny Scotland! Not often you can say that, but this week, at least, it has been true. My soubriquet BearsdenTony reveals all. I come from Bearsden (just outside Glasgow) and my name is Tony. Am coming to Kalkan for the first time next month and anticipation is high that the village will live up to its glowing reputation.
Have stopped off at Istanbul and Dalaman before en route to Ercan in Northern Cyprus, and found that part of the island a Turkish delight, so guess Kalkan will extend the same warm level of hospitality.
I am a journalist, now retired, and spend much of my time playing golf or responding to Costa del Sol questions on TripAdvisor.
My wife Christine will be joining me on the trip, and we will meet up with my son, his wife and our young grandson at a villa in the hills above Kalkan.
Babysitting has never been such a pleasure with 11-month Zac around, and we all look forward to meeting new friends on our travels around the village.
Thanks for taking the time to read this. Hope to see some of you soon.
Tony.

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=3751.0
« Last Edit: June 27, 2009, 12:20:53 PM by BearsdenTony »

Offline Enjoy Kalkan

• Administrator
  • Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 69
    • Share Post
    • EnjoyKalkan
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
Re: The new boy from Bearsden...
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2009, 12:47:48 PM »
Hi Tony,

Welcome to EnjoyKalkan, glad you found us  :)

Offline Enişte

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 7
    • Share Post
  • Resident: Yes
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2009, 12:55:38 PM »
Tony,

Welcome to EK.  Hope to bump into you somewhere in Kalkan.  Visited Glasgow a few times but forget whether Bearsden would suggest whether I should be looking out for a hint of the green and white or the blue?

Offline itstime

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 46
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2009, 02:36:02 PM »
Hi Tony

We''re in similar neck of the woods to you but on the other side of Glasgow in Lanarkshire. My son who also loves kalkan just heard today that he''s passed his BA in journalism but has already decided to stay on for another year to do his honours. He''s hoping to put off the evils of work for another year at least and continue the student life ::)
As others have said you might manage to get the golf in a few places, The Swan and the others mentioned tend to show all the big sporting events.
My problem as a Motherwell FC fan is not being able to watch our Europa League tie against The mighty Llanelli as don''t quite think that will be high on anyone elses agenda out there ;D
Oh well Internet access will probably have to suffice for me and I should be able to find it online somewhere.

Offline BearsdenTony

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2009, 10:10:55 AM »
Thanks for welcoming me on board. Friendly forum this. As far as football affiliation goes, I include myself among that rare breed  - a neutral, with leanings toward the Harry Wraggs!

Offline Enişte

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 7
    • Share Post
  • Resident: Yes
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2009, 10:22:34 AM »
Well good luck trying to find a replica shirt at the Kalkan Thursday market (although the colours do bear a remarkable similarity to those of the mighty Galatasaray).  Hope to bump into you in the Swan at some point!
Nick

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal