Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Pirat Hotel  (Read 3774 times)

Offline seernyl

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Pirat Hotel
« on: June 17, 2009, 02:55:23 PM »
Hi,
I have just booked a week at the Pirat, has anyone stayed there before, what was your impressions, any info would be helpful?javascript:void(0);

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=3698.0

Offline killabeezz

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 1
    • Share Post
Re: Pirat Hotel
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2009, 03:19:48 PM »
Fantastic location,,,make sure if you can stay in the Pirat II side of the hotel and with a sea view, block A or B lower rooms are the favorites.

Offline seernyl

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2009, 03:41:21 PM »
I have booked a room with sea view, does this mean I am in Pirat II?

Offline yoyo

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2009, 04:40:41 PM »
Pirat I and II are next to each other on the harbour.  Pirat I is an older building and the swimming pools are in the grounds of Pirat II.  Both have seaviews, though like most hotels, probably not all rooms.

Offline killabeezz

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2009, 07:07:36 PM »
Perhaps email ''Elif'' and ask for Pirat II ?
info@hotelpirat.net

Offline Chucky

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 16
  • Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive!!
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2009, 07:22:44 PM »
Some rooms are on the small side. Watch out for the hidden charges...... the small fridges in the rooms are stocked with various items that are charged at a good deal more than in the shops, also double check what is included in the breakfasts.......... extra orange juice/drinks and some of the items are not included and it can be a nasty shock at the end of the holiday when you are presented with a bill you did not expect.
The staff are very good, as is the service and the views are great.
Joan

Offline killabeezz

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2009, 07:41:17 PM »
Joan,,,

If you decide to ''take extras'' at breakfast you will allways be presented with a bill to sign there and then, so there should be no shocks at the end of your holiday.( have to agree about the fridge though, total rip off, but inline with other hotels  )
We have always found breakfast to be quite extensive compaired to other hotel''s in the same area, ie not having to pay for boiled eggs !!!!
For what you pay for this hotel, be it the room is small, there are a fantastic amount of regular visitor''s who return year in year out, us being one of them.
See you all in September , again.

Offline Chucky

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 16
  • Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive!!
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2009, 09:40:54 PM »
Sorry Killabeezz, on re-reading my post, I accept that my meaning was not clear/ambiguous.
Some breakfast food and drinks are charged as extras and guests are told this if they want them.
However, the cost of the items stocked in the room fridges is high and if you are not aware of this, the bill can come as a shock.  :)
Joan

Offline killabeezz

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2009, 10:23:07 PM »
From memory from this years trip in May, there is a price list on the fridge door just to let you know just how much the hotel is going to ''rip'' you off for any drinks or snacks you use from inside the fridge, also the notice on the fridge door informs you if any beverages are brought in from outside the hotel you will be charged the hotel rate for these items ( ye right ! )
But dont let this put anyone off,, we brought water in every day and never had any charge added to our final bill !

Just one wish,  the music coming from either the yacht bar or no name bar would be quieter and finish much sooner :(     ''''old age setting in me thinks ''''

Offline clooneyrooney

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2009, 04:04:52 PM »
we have stayed at The Pirat 4 times and it is my favourite hotel in Kalkan. For me, it is the location and the friendliness of the staff that makes it stand out from the others we have stayed in .
It has 2 nice sized pools (and a baby pool) and we have never had a problem getting a sunbed at any time of the day.
We have stayed in both the old and new part of the hotel but much prefer the new because the rooms seem brighter.
The only noise that has woken me is the mosque calling for prayer very early in the morning, but even that I find enchanting and within a couple of days  I sleep through it !
I have no hesitation in recommending this hotel.
I hope that you have a fantastic trip.

Offline Tyros

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 7
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2009, 06:15:21 PM »
Stayed at Pirat 4 times now and never been disappointed.  Stayed in Pirat I and II and we prefer I as there is a lift - you will have to climb many steps at Pirat II (we are getting older!!!).  We like top floor room in Pirat I with the most fantastic view over harbour.  The disadvantage of Pirat I is that you have to cross the road for breakfast and use the pool. As we are not pool lovers this poses no problem and is made up by being virtually in the harbour. We have just returned home after 2 fabulous weeks and will definitely be returning next year. The only thing you pay for at breakfast is fresh Orange Juice and Omlettes.  Price list for mini-bar is on fridge door - we use fridge for our own stuff as well.  Hope this helps
Regards
Graham

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Pirat Hotel

Started by chrissy1 on Accommodation and Hotels

5 Replies
Last post May 19, 2013, 06:59:58 PM
by chrissy1
smiley
Hotel Pirat

Started by leesyloo on Accommodation and Hotels

8 Replies
Last post August 30, 2010, 02:01:35 AM
by Tyros
xx
Pirat Hotel

Started by meejulie on Accommodation and Hotels

16 Replies
Last post May 07, 2012, 05:13:32 PM
by HolmfirthNicky
xx
Land View at Pirat Hotel

Started by steffi30 on Accommodation and Hotels

10 Replies
Last post August 21, 2009, 02:06:51 PM
by steffi30

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal