Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Alterations to apartment block without neighbours permission - Mk 2  (Read 4025 times)

Offline rayhall

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
Further to my previous post on this subject, my neighbour has been at it again. You can see my previous post on this forum. Anyway I am getting more and more exasperated and wondered if anyone had experience of "people power" working or failing spectacularly in Turkey. I had an idea of getting my own protest T-shirt printed - some people I speak to think I am mad and others tell me to go for it. As I said, I am exasperated and frustrated at my apparent lack of ability to get anything done to resolve problems with my Turkish neighbour so this is the text in English and Turkish I was thinking of printing on my protest T-shirt. Plan would be to wear it from time to time especially on my regular walks along the Kalkan Road as I pass my neighbours shop and if I can get an audience with the Mayor or some publicity with the local newspaper. Feedback from the forum appreciated - now here is the text in English (front of T-shirt) and Turkish (back of T-shirt). By the way, anyone know a T-shirt printer in Kalkan?

My neighbour made changes to our apartment block without permission
Benim komÅŸu bizim apartman deÄŸiÅŸtirildi izni olmadan

Solar panels have been moved without permission
Güneş panelleri taşındı izni olmadan

Ugly pipes have been installed outside
Çirkin boru dış yüklendiğinden

Pipes drip water on the balcony and terrace
Balkon ve teras üzerinde Borular damla su

Other neighbors had to repair drains
Diğer komşu drenaj onarım gerekiyordu

Everyone paid their share
Herkes kendi payını ödemiş

Except my neighbour upstairs. Shame on him.
Benim komşu yukarı hariç. Ona ayıp.

My neighbor has a shop - EK SAFETY - Name Removed
Benim komşu bir dükkan sahibi - EK SAFETY - Name Removed

If you think my neighbour is bad
Eğer komşu kötü olduğunu düşünüyorum

Please do not buy from him
Lütfen ondan almayın

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=3597.0
« Last Edit: June 02, 2009, 08:43:45 PM by Enjoy Kalkan »

Offline Blackpool

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 1
    • Share Post
Why not just go and see the Mayor? Take a translator with you if necessary. It is illegal to alter the height of a building in Kalkan without permission. See a solicitor. Its taken a year for you to get nowhere by doing nothing so far, so get legal.

I wouldn''t advise printing your protest on a tee shirt - it might come across as making you look faintly bonkers, it would be better if it rhymed ( ;)) and it would certainly prejudice any legal case you have against your neighbour.

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
have to be a big t shirt or the writing would be small and very hard to read....i agree with Blackpool
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline rat2

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
  • Resident: Yes
Blackpool''s right, T-shirt is a very bad idea unless you have a death wish.

Offline kalkanbelle

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 31
    • Share Post
Perhaps it would be better to get together with the other neighbours who have been affected by his actions and go to see the mayor together to voice your complaints.  If that doesn''t work then you could get a solicitor to act for you in a formal complaint and split the cost between all those involved.  I can understand how frustrating it must be for you but it would be better to take action in a productive way rather than the T shirt protest which will probably antagonise your neighbour even more and could have unwelcome repercussions.  I wish you luck and keep us posted.

Offline rayhall

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
Thanks for all the messages of support and advice. I will ditch the slightly mad T-shirt idea and try to exhaust diplomatic/official/legal channels. I will write to the Mayor again in the first instance. Thanks for being the collective voice of reason.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

angry
Alterations to apartment block without neighbours permission

Started by rayhall on General Discussion

7 Replies
Last post April 26, 2009, 08:41:27 AM
by rayhall
xx
Residents agreement for sharing running costs in communal apartment block

Started by Christina on General Discussion

8 Replies
Last post June 19, 2015, 07:16:02 PM
by KlknBtrc
xx
dressmaking/alterations

Started by elcee on General Discussion

7 Replies
Last post May 29, 2010, 02:52:22 PM
by saskia
xx
Neighbours as forum members

Started by tortoise lady on Introduce Yourself

10 Replies
Last post July 23, 2016, 09:31:10 PM
by Sezkalkan

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal