Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Cirali, near Kemer  (Read 3324 times)

Offline claire

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Cirali, near Kemer
« on: May 04, 2009, 02:57:27 PM »
Hi All,

I read that this place is an amazing snorkel site.  Has anyone ever been?  If so, what was it like and how do you get there?

Thanks, Claire.

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=3402.0

Offline Melek

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
Re: Cirali, near Kemer
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2009, 03:09:17 PM »
Hi Claire  - I have been there twice and it is a very tranquil place.  It is quite a trek though past Kekova.  We travelled from there back to Kalkan with a private transfer and it took 2.5 hours but is a gorgeous drive along the coast.  Just a suggestion but if you are making the effort to go there then why not stay in one of the cheap pansiyons over there (We stayed at one called Canada Hotel) and then you can go and see the eternal flame mountain - assuming you have heard about that.  Not sure about the snorkelling but I have heard that - I saw a programme on Turkish TV recently and they did say it was renowned for its snorkelling.    Adrasan or Cavus Bay as it is known is a little further back towards Kalkan - its quite nice there too but very very different to Kalkan - a little primative I thought.

Offline claire

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2009, 03:28:37 PM »
Hi Melek, thank you for your post.  The flame thing looks amazing.  I''m getting much more tempted to hire a car and get out and about!  We''ll see what happens when I''m lying by the pool with my iPod on though, ey?!  ;D

Offline Melek

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2009, 01:39:51 AM »
 ;D true but I admire you for being so positive with all your posts - you are obviously keen to see and do so much and that is fab and the truth is, even in two weeks, you won''t.  The beauty of this particular part of Turkey is the instant winding down that occurs - even for me and beleive me, I have a very stressful life!!  As much as you so want to get out there and see everything, nature takes over and its almost like being at a spa 24-7!! reallly it is.  I have been coming to Turkey since 1994 (no I''m not old!) and also lived there for two years and my husband is Turkish.  We visit Turkey at least twice a year  for holidays and family visits and I always get the same feeling and have no desire to visit anywhere else.  It would be a shame for you not to soak up this feeling as corny as it sounds so I suggest that assuming you are there for 2 weeks, that you try and balance the holiday between sight seeing and relaxation.  Cirali really is worth a visit and I particularly like Finike and think this has the makings of being the next big thing.  Car hire would be a good idea as it really is just one straight costal road (D400) well, its not straight actually but you know what I mean.  Just take your time and chill.....................where are you staying anyway?

Offline claire

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2009, 12:19:52 PM »
We actually booked this holiday as compensation for having to cancel a holiday to Lapland in January.  I had a fall and injured my coccyx 6 days before we were due to leave - gutted!!  So I had to book something else to keep us sane, and for the same cost of staying 1 week in Lapland we booked 2 weeks in Kalkan!  (Thank god the insurance coughed up!)  It gave us both something to look forward to and to take our minds off having to cancel Lapland, which was our first holiday in 5 years  :o

The initial intention was to chill for 2 weeks.  Then we started reading about the local area on this website and others, and borrowed and bought a few books and our interest was piqued!  All of a sudden we want to do everything!  But it''s definitely about balance, for sure, some chilling, and some exploring.  I''m certain you''re right, once we get here we''ll take a few deep breaths and relax, unwind, and just take in the beauty of it all.  We''re staying at the Fidanka in Kisla, and judging by the reviews and their own website it looks great  - very colourful and quirky!

I reckon like you we''ll get the bug and come back for seconds as soon as poss!

Offline Sheez

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2009, 02:42:58 PM »
If you are going to Cirali take the time to visit Olimpos - stunning bay with ancient Roman ruins.  It''s just round the next headland & after Kalkan my most fav place in Turkey so far - just surreal.

I drove from Kalkan to Olimpos & that in itself was the most amazing journey - jaw dropping coastal views.

Offline Em1

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 2
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2009, 03:48:36 PM »
Hi
We were in Cirali two days ago, having stayed there for two nights. I did not like it much as although the scenery was wonderful, the place was dirty and dusty. The prices were in line with Kalkan prices, and the service in the main was slow and slap dash. The beach was stony, and had litter on it, as did everywhere we went. People I spoke to liked the laid back atmosphere - but I thought it was just dirty.
Ants, mossies and flies were in abundance.
This is only my view... ;D
Em
Em

Offline felicity

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 30
    • Share Post
    • Villa Kirmizi Lale
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2009, 02:58:49 PM »
Hi Em

I''m sorry that you didnt like Cirali - I have been there twice and really liked it - although obviously my heart is in Kalkan!!   ;D ;D  The scenery is stunning and the beach is lovely although not as perfect sand as Patara.  I did not find it dirty and not dusty - which I guess, comes with the dryness - same as we get in kalkan... 

It is definitely more quiet and laid back but has equal, just different qualities - again - when I have visited I have never had any more problems with ants, mossies or flies (or finding it dirty) any more than in Kalkan (in fact Kalkan has far more litter around!!). 

Maybe you were just unlucky?  :( or visited it too early in the season...??

Cheers!
Villa Kirmizi Lale - www.villakirmizilale.co.uk

Offline Em1

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 2
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2009, 07:47:02 PM »
Hi Felicity
I am not sure I was just unlucky seeing dirt and mess in Cirali, as most of the stuff dumped here and there had been there for years.
I have re-read the guide books since my return, and they all advise about the ''wildlife'' (mossies, ants, spiders etc), so I know I am not the only one who has experienced this!
Are you sure you weren''t on the G and T  and Efes?>:D
Ha Ha
I guess we are just all spoilt by Kalkan!
Em

P.S. My hotel was very clean...although over run with ''wildlife''.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Kemer & Residency

Started by kevincat99 on General Discussion

0 Replies
Last post June 08, 2011, 06:53:42 AM
by kevincat99
xx
Residency Visit to Kemer

Started by felicity on Living In Kalkan

0 Replies
Last post August 05, 2011, 12:11:02 PM
by felicity
xx
Kemer to Kalkan by coach

Started by HEATH on Flights and Travel

2 Replies
Last post June 15, 2011, 10:20:05 PM
by Cuddles
xx
Cirali

Started by baclava on Places to Visit / Things to Do / Excursions

5 Replies
Last post July 23, 2015, 04:40:00 AM
by docrown

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

kalkan

Views: 4224
By: theinspector
Beautiful view