Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Kalkan Secret Apartment  (Read 9228 times)

Offline hazyjo

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
    • My poems, stories 'n' stuff
Kalkan Secret Apartment
« on: October 13, 2008, 04:57:10 PM »
Hi

Was just looking for honest opinions on this apartment. I understand it''s next to/attached to Hotel Nur.

Looks ideal, is reasonable... but we''re not looking for anything too basic and I''m not sure quite how small it''s going to be. Some of the photos look like it might be tiny. I know the balcony is! Bit of luxury would be nice...!

I know there are loads, but any recommendations greatly appreciated. Have been researching accommodation for a couple of weeks but a lot of what I like is more than ten mins away or too pricey.

These are the must have criteria:

Must be less than ten minutes'' walk into the centre - preferably 5 or less! Something very central would be great.

A villa, apartment or house would be lovely. Not really looking for just a hotel room.

Less than £300 for the week 23-30 May ''09. Preferably nearer £200 - with the price of flights, we want to keep the accommodation price as low as possible.

One bedroom''s fine - obviously not fussed if it comes with more. Shower''s pretty essential, a bath as well would be nice but not fussed.

Must have kitchen, lounge, double/kingsize comfy bed, balcony and a pool (shared is okay).

Cheers!

Jo x

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=2503.0
The light at the end of the tunnel is sometimes an oncoming train...

Offline fidimax

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 6
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Re: Kalkan Secret Apartment
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2008, 05:16:47 PM »
Have you tried the samira hotel/apts on TC. they are pretty cheap in may, try for a 3 bedroom apt , I got one for 15 may for £90 .
EFES TIME AGAIN !

Offline yelkenite

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2008, 05:19:34 PM »
Wow Fidi, it''s a tad before the half-term break at the end of May, but that is cheap!  Bill

Offline fidimax

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2008, 05:27:00 PM »
Yes bill really cheap,3 bedrooms 2 bathrooms a terrace of the living room and a roof terrace off one of the upstairs b/rooms.only 4 apts inthe block with the 4 sharing a small pool, but they have gone up a since
may this year, I paid £80 this may !!!

Offline fidimax

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2008, 05:34:59 PM »
Ive just had a quick look at T.C for the 3 bed samira apt, £101 for 23 may 1 week.
please dont take my word on this,check for yourself, I may be wrong.

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2008, 06:05:54 PM »
Hi Hazyjo,
Emir apartments may fit the bill - have a look on holidaylettings.co.uk or ownersdirect.co.uk - think some of the ground floor apartments might be in that price range - if available.
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline turkeyfan

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 17
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2008, 06:42:48 PM »
I agree with K4e, I think Emir are well situated and a lovely big pool.  Olivium are even closer too - on the roundabout near the taxi rank.  Holiday-rentals.co.uk is website I have used before to book directly with owners too.
Currently have a duplex apartment in Kiziltas which we visit as often as we can.

Offline foreverkalkan

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2008, 10:20:55 PM »
Fidimax, will you please stop telling people about the TC apartment, I want it kept a secret or else everyone will book it, we have got 3 apartments for next June, 10 of us staying there, we might have to take turns on the sun beds though  :)

Offline MartynE

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 121
  • Living the Kalkan dream? Maybe...
    • Share Post
    • Kalkan Secrets
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2008, 11:12:49 PM »
I have to declare an interest here - because of the ''no advertising'' rule, being the owner of the "Kalkan Secret" apartment(s) it would be inappropriate for me to add any further comments.... other than to point out that there are several EK members who know our apartments, but might not have realised it was ours that Jo was enquiring about. So now you know!

I have sent Jo a personal message anyway!  ;D

Offline hel66

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2008, 02:20:47 AM »
Hi hazyjo, Whilst everyone at the Nur hotel is very nice, some friends of ours stayed at an apart there and they thought it was noisy because they are located not far from the busiest road into kalkan. They were also disappointed because there wasn''t much of a view.
Save Kisiltas- ban the D400

Offline MartynE

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 121
  • Living the Kalkan dream? Maybe...
    • Share Post
    • Kalkan Secrets
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2008, 10:26:14 AM »
Each to their own, I guess... we had some friends staying in a lovely quiet (but expensive) villa with a breathtaking view - but they got covered in mozzie bites because the sprayer vans didn''t go out that far, and they had to spend oodles of cash on taxis (or walk 20 minutes up a steep hill) to get back in the evening.

Plus they realised that - Kalkan being Kalkan - they were hardly spending enough time in the apartment to appreciate the view anyway - they ended up spending most of their time down in the town with us!

You pays your money, you takes your choice!  ;)

Offline fidimax

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2008, 12:52:36 PM »
Sorry felicity,just trying to help.

Offline hazyjo

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
    • My poems, stories 'n' stuff
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2008, 02:32:39 PM »
Thanks so much, all :) Much appreciated!

I had just more or less decided on one of the Emir apartments then found a couple of recommendations here too. More than we wanted to spend, but they look so perfect for what we''re looking for.

Just going to put a question up on flights then hopefully we''ll be in a position to book!

Cheers,

Jo x

Offline les_ross

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2009, 02:36:18 PM »
Hi we have just returned from two wonderful weeks in Kalkan our first visit. We stayed at a private
apartment behind the Nur.Not at all noisy. Staff excellent and very reasonably priced £420 for two weeks.
There are  four apartments and a penthouse.The two front ones have a good view over the pool and
the mountains.Favourite place to eat the Bosphorus Restourant,the waiters are a hoot and the food
great. Most disappointing meal the Korsan overpriced and overrated .

Offline Brooksie

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2009, 03:50:23 PM »
Hi les_ross
It''s a great location and the accomodation is a good standard, we probably bumped into you at the bar at some point. ;D
Nothing is really work unless you would rather be doing something else.
http://picasaweb.google.com/Brooksie.loves.Efes

Offline Em1

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 2
    • Share Post
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2009, 08:16:30 PM »
Les -Ros
Which one of the three Korsan did you find disappointiing? I enjoy the Korsan Kebap Cafe, and I know other members do as well.
Em
Em

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Heart on the beach sunset

Views: 4156
By: cer
Villa Safran