Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Eyes n Teeth!  (Read 5406 times)

Offline Wendy

• Versatile Villa Asfiya
  • EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 7
  • If you are lucky you can visit our villa!
    • Share Post
    • Kalkan Holidays
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
Eyes n Teeth!
« on: July 23, 2007, 08:50:44 AM »
I worked out that if hubby and I visited the dentist in Kalkan each time we visited that the money we saved paying for private dental treatment each month, would cover the cost of our flight! (£20 each roughly per month) The only problem would be if a filling falls out in between visits. Guess I'd have to have a weeks hols?
Has anyone had a visit to the optician there? What was the cost like? Can't say I'm that impressed by Specsavers. Lovely people but the specs are uncomfy and pricey. Or maybe I've got a funny shaped head. No comments Brooksie please!! ;D :o

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=349.0

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
Re: Eyes n Teeth!
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2007, 12:31:56 PM »
don't know about specs..but a lady we met had some serious toothwork done which would have been big bucks at home....cost her £80 and all the after care was free....i bet your bonce is a loveley shape by the way ;D
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline bankieken

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 3
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2007, 02:23:55 PM »
Bought specs at Star Optic a couple of years ago.  Didn't need a sight test as I got my prescription faxed over at the time.  Prices were good but not so cheap that I have done it again.

Offline DRBD

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 129
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2007, 02:38:08 PM »
Being a person who has over the years spent a fortune on specs, tests etc in this country, I was ecstatic when I found how easy it was to get specs done in Turkey. I am unfortunate to have a sight problem where the likes of Specsavers are not cheap for me.  So I have my eye test and take it out to Turkey, Gem Optik in Fethiye is my salvation, not only do I get them done but have them delivered to Kalkan, I can save over £100.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2007, 03:11:09 PM by DRBD »
Age & Treachery will overcome Youth & Skill

Offline KALKANITE

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2007, 09:47:02 PM »
Can anyone recommend a dentist....and what work you have had carried out please....would like to explore the possibility further

Offline Chucky

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 16
  • Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive!!
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2007, 09:53:47 PM »
There was another thread on Dentists, put "Dentists" in the search box.

Offline Wendy

• Versatile Villa Asfiya
  • EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 7
  • If you are lucky you can visit our villa!
    • Share Post
    • Kalkan Holidays
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2007, 09:32:11 AM »
I know there is a dentist on the Kalamar road somewhere. On there other thread were more details about prices etc. The glasses sounds interesting - guess my bonce must be odd shaped, a bit round with two horns at the top!  ;D

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2007, 10:33:03 AM »
the dentist is called Attilla...he is along Kalamar road ,same side as Alternatif,not far up....our friend said he was smashing and her teeth  are still in!! ;D

Offline Lantana

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 40
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2007, 09:19:56 PM »
Hi Wendy
 The dentist that I use in Kalkan is Dr Cenk. He is young, speaks good english, has a very well equipped surgery and has been trained at one of the best dental schools in the country.
  I have had a bridge and 3 implants, friends have had bridges, cosmetic dentistry, crowns, root canal surgery.... I will stop there before  some of our more sensitive readers faint.

As other forum members have pointed out, prices for dentistry here are about a third of the UK price.
 His surgery is located above Xpress Travel on the Kalamar Road, a couple of hundred yards from the roundabout.
 His phone number is  (0090) 242 844 3696 Mobile (0090) (0) 533 812 7900
e mail address cenksahinkalkan@hotmail.com

There is no longer an optician in Kalkan.  As another forum member has suggested, Gem Optic in Fethiye are excellent. If you do not have your prescription, they will arrange for an eye test there and then, and can make up prescription glasses in 2 - 3 days.

Lantana

Offline Brooksie

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2007, 05:44:14 PM »
Wendy
Somehow I missed this post. You haven't got a funny shaped head, it's a special shape!
Nothing is really work unless you would rather be doing something else.
http://picasaweb.google.com/Brooksie.loves.Efes

Offline jinfizzz

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2008, 06:33:22 PM »
Further to posts of last year re Opticians, please can any of you locals advise if there are any opticians in Kalkan this year.  Both hubby and I are thinking about new prescriptions.  If anyone can recommend an optician, is it advisable to get an eye test done in the UK and take the prescription with us, or is it possible to arrange an eye test at the beginning of a two week holiday and have time for the prescription to be made up in that time? ???

Offline Lantana

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 40
    • Share Post
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2008, 01:11:11 PM »
At Gem optik in Fethiye you can almost always have an eye test within an hour of arriving at the shop. They then take between 24 and 48 hours to make  the glasses depending on the prescription. So you could  have your glasses within 24 hours of visiting the shop, which is open from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m., 7 days a a week and the staff all speak excellent English.

lantana

Offline Rachey

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 10
    • Share Post
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2008, 06:25:39 PM »
There''s an optician just by Akin''s restaurant.  Chap seemed very friendly and said he could get the glasses ready in 3 days, including prescription sun glasses.  We''re thinking about it when we go back out in September (having been truly bitten by the Kalkan bug - we got back from our first visit 10 June!).  Has anyone had glasses from him?  Thanks!
Rachey

Offline tiamaria

• Home Sweet Home
  • EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 2
  • Oooo what a view and it's mine
    • Share Post
« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2008, 09:39:23 PM »
Akin Pide near the mosque in Kalkan, His name is Aziz, very nice guy. He''ll arrange for you to go to Fethiye for your eye test and your glasses are back in Kalkan within 3 days. Excellent after service drinking Effes whilst having a fitting  :) the food is very good too, with the view all over the harbour. He also sells very good leather handbags at good prices. ;) Happy shopping, eating & drinking mmmmmmmmmm

Offline yelkenite

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2008, 05:43:15 PM »
I visited Cenk last week for a review; re-root treatment and bridge work.  The re-root is very cheap; bridge work to replace two teeth was 750 lit.   I wont quote the re-root as I could be contingent on the work required but it was about 15 percent of the UK price I''d had from my dentist.  I''m certainly having the re-root work done, thinking about the bridge.   Can''t recommend him enough.  Bill

Offline Em1

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 2
    • Share Post
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2008, 10:01:44 PM »
Hi
I seem to be unlucky enough to visit the dentist each time I come to Kalkan! I am very happy with the work that Cenk has done, and would recommend him, and his prices are a tad cheaper than the UK NHS price. I had a bad tooth problem between visits and made the choice to fly out for the work ( 2x root canal), and it paid for itself!
Em
Em

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Teeth whitening

Started by kimnjamie on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

3 Replies
Last post June 26, 2013, 07:15:16 PM
by onelove

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

In Heavan

Views: 4246
By: Buster
New Logo