Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: AM I BEING RIPPED OFF?? Please Help!!  (Read 2531 times)

Offline paull

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
AM I BEING RIPPED OFF?? Please Help!!
« on: May 14, 2009, 12:07:53 AM »
Hi , I have booked and payed for transfers to and from Dalaman airport to Kalkan for 6 adults and 1 child for £160 .I Paid the private villa owner direct , he now says that we won''t all fit in one taxi and now need to book an additional taxi at £110 extra , he also says that the taxis have a weight limit and are weighed as they exit the airport and our party in 1 taxi would be too heavy . My question is - do you think this is true about the size of the party in 1 taxi and about the weight ?.

p.s When booking , we were given the option of taxi up to 4 passengers for £110 or mini coach for up to 7 passengers for £160

Please help , we fly out next thursday !!!

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=3469.0

Offline onelove

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 108
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: Yes
Re: AM I BEING RIPPED OFF?? Please Help!!
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2009, 05:54:45 AM »
Hi,

You can hire a mini bus that carries up to 14 people for £90 each way (approx).

Click on " Airport Transfers " on the left hand side of the EnjoyKalkan home page, this will take you to a transfer company, and shows the different costs for small car ( small taxi ) to large mini bus.

I hope this helps.   Enjoy your hoilday.
Latest weather report...... Large outbreaks of Efes followed by intermitent spells of vodka and tonic ;-))
www.kalamardream.com

Offline rat2

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
  • Resident: Yes
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2009, 06:58:14 AM »
Most definitely a rip-off. Transfer for 3 adults + bags (car) = £50 ew; small minibus £60, so £110 should cover your needs. PM me if you need contact number. Even better deal if you can get the minibus KD mentions.

Offline Enjoy Kalkan

• Administrator
  • Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 69
    • Share Post
    • EnjoyKalkan
  • Resident: No
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2009, 07:13:01 AM »
Hi,

As mentioned by others please do check the prices on here under Airport Transfers. Given the number of people you may wish to look at hiring a vehicle for your holiday as it may work out cheaper than taxis / transfers over the duration of the stay. If you have a look under Car Rental on here you will see the prices include delivery to the airport - If you do not wish to drive from the airport for an additional £20 a driver will drive the vehicle for you.

Hope that helps

Jon

Offline Rosie

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2009, 07:53:55 AM »
It would be interesting to know Pauli which transfer/taxi company is making these excessive demands so that others can avoid falling into what is obviously a rip off. It is not a good reflection on Kalkan.  
Usually transfers are paid locally upon arrival/departure
Have also sent you a pm
Hope you get it sorted so you can enjoy your holiday

Offline felicity

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 30
    • Share Post
    • Villa Kirmizi Lale
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2009, 08:15:11 AM »
''I paid the villa owner direct''....that sounds a bit dodgy in itself..!!!

With our guests - I tell them the charge and ask them to pay the driver direct in sterling - thereby making it obvious that I am not adding my cut onto the price - simply arranging a service for them to make it easy for them to arrive in Kalkan.

Our transfer people charge £150 return for a minibus for 8-14 people...so I dont think you are being overly ripped..but all this weighing of taxis and luggage is complete nonsense...

Cheers!
Villa Kirmizi Lale - www.villakirmizilale.co.uk

Offline turkeyfan

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 17
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2009, 09:33:44 AM »
Have you thought of hiring a minibus for the duration of your stay and collecting it from the airport?  We''re visiting next week with family, so there will be 8 of us.  Rather than hiring two cars, we are having the bus so that we can all travel together.

We''ve hired from Abi but I know Adda do them as well. x

Currently have a duplex apartment in Kiziltas which we visit as often as we can.

Offline Kalkan regular

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 80
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2009, 11:31:44 AM »
Yes you are being ripped off. Enes cars charge £65 each way for a minibus for up to 7 people. We use them for our guests and they are very reliable and you pay on arrival. If you wish to book email Emin at info@enesrentacar.net but you will need to get your money back from the person you are renting from.

Offline kal1

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2009, 02:04:59 PM »
Price for 7 people transfer in one vehicle is £65 each way with xpress tours and payable to the driver on arrival.

Offline paull

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2009, 11:39:32 PM »
Hi , Thanks to you all for replying so quickly , i have just received an email for the villa owner who says that after speaking to the taxi company , they are going to supply a 9 seater for he original price of £160 return. So i think i''m ok now ,thanks .see ya.

P.s  Next time i will book the transfers separate as all you professionals do .lol lol

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Ripped off at Kalamar Beach Club!

Started by heardling on General Discussion

19 Replies
Last post June 23, 2012, 05:58:51 PM
by Begonvil

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal