Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: "Fred" from Oz Adana  (Read 2745 times)

Offline kevincat99

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 39
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: Yes
"Fred" from Oz Adana
« on: May 13, 2009, 05:08:02 PM »
If you have been visiting Kalkan over the years you may remember Fred [was previously at the Flintstone Cafe at Patara]
He moved to Oz Adana for a couple of years and then last year was at the Deniz restaurant down on the harbour
Speaking to the patron at Oz Adana last week he told me that sadly Fred had passed away a week before, at 55 leaving a wife and son - he had a hard life having been jailed at one time for his beliefs
He will I think be missed by those who knew him as he was one of Kalkan''s characters

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=3463.0

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
Re: "Fred" from Oz Adana
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2009, 05:11:02 PM »
Sad news indeed..Fred was a nice guy
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline Irene

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 26
    • Share Post
  • Resident: No
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2009, 06:01:39 PM »
We were so sad to hear Fred has passed away - he was one of those genuinely nice Turkish people who you looked forward to saying hello to every year - and you could tell he was also pleased to see you and hear what you had been doing throughout the year - may he RIP.

Offline Chucky

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 16
  • Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive!!
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2009, 08:27:38 PM »
We shall miss him, he was a true gentleman.
Joan

Offline Kalkan regular

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 80
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2009, 09:21:44 PM »
I''m shocked. The week before last we asked at the Deniz restaurant where Fred was, as they were getting it ready to open. We were told that he was in Istanbul and would be back next week. We will mis him.

Offline kevywevy

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
  • I only smile when im in kalkan,
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2009, 11:47:03 PM »
 Very sad news ,i too was in kalkan a few weeks ago and asked at the Deniz restaurant where Fred was ,to be told he will be in kalkan in a few weeks time,we were sad at not seeing him during our stay as Fred was always so friendly to us .
My two year old son Alex was particular fond of Fred and has spent the whole year since our last vist saying "thank you Fred " when we mention we are going kalkan after we prompted him to thank Fred for looking after us during many a meal shared in the restaurant.
   Fred would always be so observant without being intrusive during our meal,even picking up dropped toys we hadn''t noticed had fallen etc.
 As a true brit animal lover i was also touched to see him feeding the local cats and dogs with scraps and left overs ,in my mind a sign of a nice person
 he will be sadly missed by my wife son and myself   

Offline moonlight

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2009, 07:58:29 AM »
We love Fred!!many a great night walking passed Oz Adana and eating there!!he was really friendly and we still do impressions of him every time we see him!!ull be missed Kalkan legend!!Spencer, Demelza, Lesley & Terry xxx

Offline katmanjock

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2009, 09:50:01 PM »
We are also very sad to hear of freds death...We will miss that hipnotic smile and genuine kindness he had for people.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

EK 70s Night

Views: 4046
By: Enjoy Kalkan
Dubrovnik