Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Buying Property in Turkey  (Read 10324 times)

Offline Hummingbird

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
Buying Property in Turkey
« on: April 05, 2009, 10:29:34 PM »
I have just been looking at the “Property News” section of the Blacklion website and it contained a couple of articles from the London Evening Standard.  One quoted John Howell of International Law Partrnership saying that that “there is no doubt recent legislative changes have reduced consumer confidence regarding long-term property rights”.

He concludes that buying property in Turkey is safe as long as you use a capable and Independent lawyer but it’s a bit of a shock to see rules are changing.  I’ve read several times that the rights of foreigners to buy have been suspended for a period in the past including a thread in this section last year.  Can anyone say if this is a genuine concern or just normal practice for the Turkish legal system?

Also is anyone aware if there is “military land” anywhere near to Kalkan and so a potential issue?

Members are probably aware that property in deemed Military areas can only be purchased by (or sold to)Turkish people and that land can be re-defined as military after your purchase.
Thanks
Abbo

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=3182.0

Offline rat2

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: Yes
Re: Buying Property in Turkey
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2009, 12:45:49 AM »
Unless you intend to buy large swathes of land, there have been no changes which would affect your buying property in Turkey. There was a temporary suspension of sales to foreigners last year while the question of such sales was resolved. Buying property here is quite safe if done through a reputable Turkish lawyer and I would strongly urge any potential buyer not to trust anyone who says otherwise; not all builders and estate agents are honest.
Foreigners owning properties in Turkey with a legitimate TAPU (title deed) have absolute ownership with all the rights they would have owning property in UK.
It would be impossible for a foreigner to buy a property (with Tapu) in a designated military zone and no, as far as I know, there are no such areas in the Kalkan area affecting any propertes available to foreigners.
The rules with regard to foreigners buying property in rural areas are fairly clear; generally it is not allowed and buying a company to ''legalise'' such a purchase is a very dodgy exploitation of a ''loophole'' unless, of course, your active company will bring investment to the area and employ local labour. I think that some owners who have dormant companies for this purpose could be in for a shock as the land registry becomes more computerised.

Offline kim21

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 1
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: Yes
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2009, 07:03:20 PM »
Hi abbo,
 It would be interesting to know when these articles were written in the London Evening Standard, if they are recent or historic.

rat2,
 why the ''big shock'' for people using companies to buy property as the land registry becomes more computerised?

kim
never buy a house anywhere without an independent surveyors report

Offline bella9525

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • fight or die
    • Share Post
    • alkhailtr
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2021, 06:10:14 AM »
I have just been looking at the “Property News” section of the Blacklion website and it contained a couple of articles from the London Evening Standard.  One quoted John Howell of International Law Partrnership saying that that “there is no doubt recent legislative changes have reduced consumer confidence regarding long-term property rights”.

He concludes that buying property in Turkey is safe as long as you use a capable and Independent lawyer but it’s a bit of a shock to see rules are changing.  I’ve read several times that the rights of foreigners to buy have been suspended for a period in the past including a thread in this section last year.  Can anyone say if this is a genuine concern or just normal practice for the Turkish legal system?

Also is anyone aware if there is “military land” anywhere near to Kalkan and so a potential issue?

Members are probably aware that property in deemed Military areas can only be purchased by (or sold to)Turkish people and that land can be re-defined as military after your purchase.
Thanks
Abbo
hi abbo. buying property in turkey is a really good decision because turkish lira is cheap now and the rules to buy a real estate in turkey is more easier than before. but about your last question I think it's better that u ask it from an expert. u can visit https://alkhailtr.com/ and ask them if u want.
never give up

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

question
ban on buying turkish property

Started by theinspector on Buying A Property & Real Estate

3 Replies
Last post May 02, 2008, 05:07:26 PM
by Christine Kalkan
thumbup
Buying Property in Kalkan

Started by harrisonp on Buying A Property & Real Estate

11 Replies
Last post July 02, 2008, 06:05:36 PM
by hel66
xx
Do you regret buying property in Kalkan ?

Started by Honey on Buying A Property & Real Estate

14 Replies
Last post October 24, 2012, 10:05:57 PM
by hobbo
xx
property values in Turkey

Started by freeat on General Discussion

11 Replies
Last post August 24, 2008, 07:35:43 AM
by newballs

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Londinium

Views: 2270
By: headroom
IMG_0858.jpg