Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: villa / appartment security  (Read 3783 times)

Offline tonyjam

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
villa / appartment security
« on: October 15, 2009, 01:32:03 PM »
Hello
       My name is Tony I am new to this web site.But in 1989 my wife and I visited Kalkan on holiday .Since then we have been coming to Kalkan for the last 20 years.Having seen many changes ,we still think it retains its charm.We have over the years had many chances to purchase a property ,but as yet we have not.When we first came to Kalkan the mountain side had no villas or buildings at all.But over recent years there has been a lot of property built.My business in the UK is security alarms ,for which I have 25 years experience.I have noticed recently that properties have been subject to break-ins. My suggestion is to deter intuders, that owners fit a false or dummy alarm box ,that contains a high powered back-up battery complete with a flashihg L E D fitted to the property,this would give the impression that there was an active alarm within. The batteries will contiually flash the L E D  for approx 18 months. Enabling the electricity to be isolated during the winter time .If anyone thinks this suggestion is viable please contact me for more info 

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=4586.0

Offline AMS

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • www.enjoykalkan.com
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
Re: villa / appartment security
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2009, 07:13:21 PM »
Very good suggestion, and not only for Kalkan. Problem might be in obtaining this type of alarm in Turkey. (Your)Buisness opportunity in developed SE Turkey perhaps?
Owners (like me) need to think more about the security of their property (Alas). Andrew Scott, Deniz Appartments

Offline Mercimek

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2009, 05:54:39 AM »
Twice last week I had to enter properties that unbeknown to me had alarms fitted, the alarms went off and I had to call the keyholder to get the code. No one so much as came near the villas to see what was happening, or if there was an intruder. On this basis can't see an alarm system being the solution.
I don't quite see the benefit of a false alarm box, as being Kalkan it wouldn't take long for word to get around that these were not a security system, just a dummy box.

Offline tonyjam

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2009, 03:40:45 PM »
Very good suggestion, and not only for Kalkan. Problem might be in obtaining this type of alarm in Turkey. (Your)Buisness opportunity in developed SE Turkey perhaps?
Owners (like me) need to think more about the security of their property (Alas). Andrew Scott, Deniz Appartments

Offline edisrag

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2010, 07:42:17 PM »
Having been broken into twice security is a problem, we were told by the police if we were broken into again they would not do any more reports unless we had actual proof the break in was real!!! Jimmy'd door was not proof, It was suggested we got security cameras installed so the police could see the intruders.   Theives would just wear hoodies so you can't see there faces,. I don't know the answer but would welcom other views on security.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Long term rental villa or appartment

Started by red wine on Accommodation and Hotels

1 Replies
Last post October 02, 2008, 08:28:14 AM
by Hoca
xx
Villa security?

Started by Tomcat on General Discussion

1 Replies
Last post August 26, 2017, 03:52:20 PM
by KlknBtrc
xx
villa security

Started by tonyjam on Buying A Property & Real Estate

9 Replies
Last post October 24, 2009, 03:55:18 PM
by kevincat99
xx
Renting appartment

Started by kalkanlover22 on Buying A Property & Real Estate

6 Replies
Last post July 10, 2008, 12:25:41 AM
by Layla

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal