Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Villa discounts  (Read 4289 times)

Offline alantj

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 26
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
Villa discounts
« on: March 25, 2009, 06:48:38 PM »
Misty (and anyone else who has recent information)   

Leaving aside Kalkan possibly turning into a mini Monaco.

I have been asked by friends, who will be visiting Kalkan in June with a view to purchase, for advice about what discount they could expect to get on a new 4 bed villa. They have been told by more than 1 agent, that the current glut of unsold villas means discounts of 25-50% are widely available, any thoughts as the whether this is this realistic.

Regards

Alan   

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=3142.0

Offline misty

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 102
    • Share Post
Re: Villa discounts
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2009, 07:02:30 PM »
I was offered 50% so I would start there with your negotiations...good luck.

Offline howmad

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 5
    • Share Post
  • Resident: Yes
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2009, 07:35:18 PM »
You need to look at Buying a property in the Forum index. In particular Buying advice -split from hello. Please read carefully.

Offline Charlie

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 68
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2009, 08:18:37 PM »
and that''s 50 percent by the same developer who''s building the karting circuit - yeah right!   

Offline felicity

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 30
    • Share Post
    • Villa Kirmizi Lale
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2009, 09:18:20 PM »
I would say that if there is a 50% discount available - then they were 50% overpriced to start with...and didnt I remember somebody saying (Lantana perhaps on another thread) that there is a minimum price for land/buildings..so if they have been built ''properly'' then the price cant keep going down.....???  ??? ??? ???
Villa Kirmizi Lale - www.villakirmizilale.co.uk

Offline MartynE

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 121
  • Living the Kalkan dream? Maybe...
    • Share Post
    • Kalkan Secrets
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2009, 11:01:05 PM »
Surely, a villa is worth whatever someone is prepared to pay for it? No more, no less.  ???

Offline Tinkabell

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2009, 05:08:02 PM »
Hi Alan.
I have bought two properties in Kalkan in the past four years. One constructed and one off plan. I think the 50% discount is a little wishful thinking however there are some great bargains available at the moment. I would advise you to deal only with the well known agents in Kalkan and to make sure that proper contracts are drawn up by a solicitor and not be fobbed off that this is not mecessary. As other posts have pointed out you do have to be careful as there are unfortunately have been many cases of fraud over the past few years. Having all said and done though I do know one local builder/architect who is offering £50/£60,000 discounts on very well built off plan properties and that is before you start bargaining. My advice to you would be to tell your friends to take their time there is plenty of property available and to make sure that whatever they do buy cannot be built in front of as this is another common problem and also to make sure that if the property is new they get a written building guarantee for at least 3 - 5 years. On the resale market you only need to look on local agents web sites to see that there are many many reasonably priced properties for sale and if they are on a good plot they can sometimes be a cheaper option. Off plan projects seem to be the new Kalkan builders game all offering amazing designs and ideas. Just be a little wary as some of them do not have the experience or knowledge to follow these amazing plans through. Stick with the well known and tested ones!!

Offline Cosetta

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 54
    • Share Post
    • Villa Incantata
  • Resident: Yes
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2009, 05:47:29 PM »
As there is a general lack of money for new construction and no new bank loans, I''d be VERY careful committing money to anything off plan. Thousands, and I do mean thousands, of Brits in Spain bought off plan and ended up with never finished or sub-standard apartments.  As most builders here are having the same financing problems as those in Spain, buying off plan is very risky.

Having said that, we did buy off plan in Spain in 2007 (before we knew better!) and here are some of the things that happen in this bleak financial environment:

1) The architect is asked to make the building smaller than the original design.  Once finished, nothing to do about it because the builder has declared bankruptcy;

2) Shortcuts and cheapos of every imaginable kind.  The surface appearance looks great but the plumbing, shutters, communal facilities, pools, roofs, wall plastering, etc are of the cheapest quality and break, buckle or leak within a year;

3) In the worst case, the complex is never finished;

4) In a good case, the complex is finished but not all the apts are sold.  Meaning, half the maintenance fees go unpaid.  Meaning, the complex starts getting run down.  This *might* be the case or similar of a couple of big builds on the high hills.

In Spain the off-plan market is supposedly finished, dried up.  Why take that chance here when there are many already built villas and apts on the market?
Villa Incantata - http://kalkan-turkey.com

Offline Brooksie

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2009, 06:06:21 PM »
Good point Cosetta. I would much rather buy something I can see than buying off plan in the present climate. Bit like doing the lottery.
Mark
Nothing is really work unless you would rather be doing something else.
http://picasaweb.google.com/Brooksie.loves.Efes

Offline Tinkabell

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2009, 07:08:06 PM »
Yes I would agree with that. Plenty of all ready built property for sale around Kalkan some of it already discounted. There is no need to take the risk with a new build/off plan.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Gorgeous 4 Bed villa with very attractive discounts for 2017!!

Started by dorbyperry on Accommodation Discounts & Special Offers

0 Replies
Last post May 06, 2017, 03:24:37 PM
by dorbyperry
xx
Discounts on meals

Started by kevincat99 on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

1 Replies
Last post July 11, 2015, 04:13:25 PM
by Mrs Enjoy Kalkan
xx
Purchase Discounts.

Started by Jacdav on Buying A Property & Real Estate

2 Replies
Last post February 27, 2008, 09:04:19 PM
by vicksen
xx
owners discounts

Started by edisrag on Buying A Property & Real Estate

6 Replies
Last post October 25, 2009, 07:24:55 PM
by Enjoy Kalkan

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal