Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: When did you first visit Kalkan?  (Read 10871 times)

Offline msr

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 10
    • Share Post
Re: When did you first visit Kalkan?
« Reply #40 on: April 11, 2009, 03:04:07 PM »
We first visited in 1998, stayed at the Yelken, returned in 1999 at The Yelken returned 2000 at The Yelken all with Tapestry. In 2000 , 2001, 2002 and 2003 we stayed at The Samira Hotel with Anatolian Sky. In May 2004 bought a villa on Patara Prince and have been coming 2 or 3  times a year since then. On our first visit we thought how lovely it would be to have a holiday place in Kalkan and my husband saying, its too far from Dalaman airport, no one would ever want a 2 hour journey after a 4 hour flight just to rent a villa for a holiday!
How things have changed!

Offline timwhit

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
« Reply #41 on: April 15, 2009, 07:56:30 PM »
April 2000 to stay in a friends villa , bought my place in the Sept on a bit of a whim , it was a complete wreck having been left for years and never really been completed , had it done up by a local builder , and love it , try to get over at least twice a year , managed a month last summer ( should have been 3 weeks , but missed the flight home after some confusion over the 24 hour clock , think iv got my head round it now ha ha ) seen a lot of changes over the years , some for the best some not so good , but the view over kalamar bay from the roof terrace still blows me away !

Offline AllanChris

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 1
    • Share Post
« Reply #42 on: April 15, 2009, 09:55:17 PM »
Chris and I first came to Kalkan in October 2007, staying at the Komurluk Apartments.This was the week of the big Storm that ripped up the road down the hill to the Harbour. That happened I think on the Monday night, but we must have slept deeply as we only remember seeing some lightning and that the electricity was off at about 4am the following morning.The power was restored 2 days later. Apart from Tuesday the weather was fine, but seeing the damage and flooding in the town was a big shock. We came back twice in 2008 and are back this year in May and October. We love being in Kalkan and would like to live there, but don''t want it to change too much. We are only sorry we did not discover it sooner!

Chris and Allan.
Keep On Rockin' In The Free World!

Offline chaval

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
« Reply #43 on: April 16, 2009, 10:29:10 AM »
hi Allan Chris- your post prompted me to chuck in my 6 pennyworth. I remember that storm well ! We have a much loved bolt hole in Mavi Yildiz and had been out with friends that evening who have a place in the Yelken. We went back to theirs for a nightcap (or two...) and ended up listening to and watching that storm all night from the balcony as we looked out over Kalamar Bay !
We had been coming to Patara (Apollon) for several years, since 1997, and had been keeping watch on prices of apartments in Kalkan, which we visited on evenings out, for a couple of years. When we downsized the house in UK we decided to go for broke on a very limited budget and instead of paying off the mortgage in full we came over in March 2004 and bought the apartment instead. Now like many others who swore they would never go to the same place twice we come at least twice a year and just cant bring ourselves not to come home to Kalkan.
Kalkan friends truly are real friends, Turkish and guests, that''s what this place does to you. We think of it as home but unfortunately have to visit UK twice a year to work !! ;D

Offline Adrian

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
    • Some of my photos
« Reply #44 on: April 16, 2009, 12:54:36 PM »
First visited in Sept 2002, stayed at the Elite Hotel with Tapestry.  Second visit to the Elite was in Sept 2005. Last year we stayed at the Meldi in May and we are back there at the beginning of June this year  :)

Offline Lougie

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
« Reply #45 on: April 16, 2009, 03:31:10 PM »
2001(ish)!! First stayed at the Xanthos hotel and then the Yelken hotel both with Tapestry. We now prefer to stay at the Samira Hotel or their apartments behind the hotel as it''s a good location.

Fell in love with Kalkan straight away, the food, the views and especially the people, we have been back every year since, try to go twice a year, three times if lucky.

Offline Brooksie

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #46 on: April 16, 2009, 04:30:23 PM »
Lougie
You can''t get much more central than that. The staff there last year were very friendly.
Nothing is really work unless you would rather be doing something else.
http://picasaweb.google.com/Brooksie.loves.Efes

Offline Lougie

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #47 on: April 16, 2009, 04:40:49 PM »
It is a lovely hotel, it is kept spotlessly clean & the staff are friendly but can hassle a bit to have a drink in the bar!

Offline ScotsinKalkan

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #48 on: April 16, 2009, 05:55:55 PM »
We first came to Kalkan in 1989 on a very basic Gulet that slept 6 and had a hand pump toilet and shower, nothing like the Gin palaces of today. Kalkan was very small and picturesque, returned a few times over the years until 1997 and saw it grow. Then not until 2008 when we got a bit of a shock! but will be back in August 2009!

lolly

lolly
« Reply #49 on: May 25, 2009, 09:26:39 AM »
June 2005   was the time I first fell in love with Kalkan I  bought my apartment at  Kaplumbaga and have never looked back it was the  the best thing I have ever done!!

Offline doncella

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #50 on: June 05, 2009, 04:40:45 PM »
Two years ago we stayed in Kalamar bay,last year we stayed in Kisla and I fell in love so we back in Kisla in april/may this year and now that i''m back in England I am sooooo home sick I love everything about Kalkan it is the most beautiful place to be. :)

Offline kalkanbabe

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #51 on: June 06, 2009, 09:19:11 AM »
Hi

I first visited Turkey in 1995 when I was a singleton, going to Icmeler!  They still had little family run restaurants at that point, all gone now.  I instantly fell in love with Turkey and that has lasted to this day.  I went several times again to Icmeler in 1996, 1997 and 1999.

First visited Kalkan in 2003 with my partner (now husband) and stayed at the Elite with Tapestry.  Next visit was in 2005 again staying at the Elite.  Last visit was September 2008 staying at the Kalkan Regency with Exclusive Escapes and we are coming again in September 2009 this time splashing out on a villa!

Offline alshepuk

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #52 on: June 08, 2009, 12:56:47 PM »
May 2008.  We will be making our second and hopfully not the last in under 3 weeks.Our son is off to join the Army in September.  We told him we would have one last family holiday and he could go anywhere in Europe.  He picked Kalkan as his favourite ever summer vacation place.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
My First Visit to Kalkan

Started by Ryss on Holiday Reports and Reviews

5 Replies
Last post May 18, 2012, 09:31:59 PM
by HolmfirthNicky
xx
First visit to Kalkan

Started by DB on General Discussion

4 Replies
Last post April 17, 2008, 07:16:03 PM
by DB
xx
1st Visit to Kalkan

Started by cbrierley2 on Holiday Reports and Reviews

1 Replies
Last post July 08, 2010, 12:26:25 PM
by Mrs Enjoy Kalkan
xx
1st visit to Kalkan

Started by Theshooters on Holiday Reports and Reviews

1 Replies
Last post September 10, 2008, 11:51:51 PM
by foreverkalkan

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Kalkan 1996

Views: 4285
By: winlaton mag
Antalya 2010