Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Single Sex Groups  (Read 4937 times)

Offline Sheez

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
Single Sex Groups
« on: March 11, 2009, 02:58:56 PM »
How do property owners (particularly Villa Owners) feel about renting out to large (4people plus) single sex groups?

& What effect do the people on this forum feel this type of let is having on the village?

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=3053.0

Offline fidimax

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 6
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Re: Single Sex Groups
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2009, 03:51:13 PM »
Hiya Szimmer,I am not a Villa/Apt owner,but,my brother,two friends and myself have rented a three bed apt
in may this year,we are all male,and the effect we might have could be kalkan might run short on Efes !
I know if I was renting a property out to single sex groups I might be a bit wary,would they trash the place
and not respect the property.
I noticed last sept a lot more teens knocking about, some were a bit over the top and under 18,but I think by 11 o clock they had had to much and gone to bed.
my party are all 50 ish so I think Kalkan will be safe this may,next year my friends wife is thinking of kalkan
for her friends hen party and want to rent,8 nurses ! any takers ?

Neil. 8)

EFES TIME AGAIN !

Offline felicity

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 30
    • Share Post
    • Villa Kirmizi Lale
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2009, 04:22:10 PM »
i have to say that on my website under booking conditions - I say ''no single sex groups allowed'' but in practice - this is a difficult one as I did upset 1 particular lady enquirer who vowed never to rent from anybody who put that on their website...! 

I think that by and large we are lucky in Kalkan as it does not draw the 18-30''s chavvy groups of men and women just out for sun sea and s** in a boozefilled orgy - coz the thought of having my lovely home trashed fills me with dread....and the £250 security deposit wont go far..!!  All the lady said to me - is that I should take a bigger security deposit - like anybody would give me a cheque for thousands of pounds..!!!

On my booking form - I do ask - how many males and how many females and how many children aged under 18 - so if I got a booking from a group of 10 women or 10 men - I would be on the telephone to question them before confirming their booking!! 

Having said that I go with my groups of girlfriends but again we are all 50''ish - and well behaved..!!   :o
Villa Kirmizi Lale - www.villakirmizilale.co.uk

Offline Sheez

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2009, 04:35:34 PM »
Hey Neil

Must say a hen party of Nurses (not sure if that''s their theme or vocation) in Kalkan is pretty much close to my worst nightmare........however I''m sure all the boys in the bars will be delighted  ;D

Offline misty

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 102
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2009, 04:40:45 PM »
I had a place in Florida and I used imposed a £1,000 damage deposit. We didn''t get many groups of young men but you would be surprised the mess and damage a group of 50 year old male golfers make !!!

Offline fidimax

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 6
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2009, 04:59:22 PM »
Mine as well Szimmer,I wouldnt want the nurses disturbing my week of relaxing,I hope they dont book the same week as me next year.
The other "gentlemen" in my party in may hopefully will behave themselves,they have never been to turkey
and have been checking out kalkan on the net,they are really looking foward to going out to kalkan and seeing a different country,and we are not in kalkan for a week long drinking session.

Offline msr

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 10
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2009, 05:01:40 PM »
We have a villa on Patara Prince and have rented to single sex groups. A couple of years ago my son plus 6 friends post A levels stayed for a fortnight without any problems at all. All they wanted to do was chill out and have a quiet drink in the bars in the evening. Last year we rented to a group of 5 girls, also without any problems. I don''t think the 18-30 crew are attracted to Kalkan, we always point out that there is no lively night life/foam parties etc. and evening entertainment usually means a meal and a drink afterwards! Interestingly we have never seen any large noisy groups at all and we have been visiting Kalkan for 10 years!

Offline felicity

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 30
    • Share Post
    • Villa Kirmizi Lale
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2009, 05:56:37 PM »
Hi MSR - I think that people you know  or who are connected with you are a completely different kettle of fish - like your son and his friends staying etc etc - my concerns and reasons for putting it on the website is complete strangers going and trashing the place..!!!  >:(

Oh - and there are foam parties - at the NoName bar - my daughter loves them.!!   :o :o

Cheers!

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
any sea swimming groups?

Started by chappy on Places to Visit / Things to Do / Excursions

0 Replies
Last post September 12, 2013, 08:58:40 PM
by chappy
xx
Bands/Groups/Singers

Started by turkeyfan on General Discussion

3 Replies
Last post May 11, 2010, 10:41:26 AM
by turkeyfan
xx
Single Beds

Started by Charlie on Classifieds - Wanted

0 Replies
Last post January 25, 2015, 06:37:36 PM
by Charlie
xx
Re: Single holidaymaker

Started by karenew on Holiday Reports and Reviews

8 Replies
Last post September 25, 2011, 05:47:22 PM
by lucyandsteven88

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

harbour at night

Views: 4209
By: jofoss
Adam's after dark