Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Single woman seeks info  (Read 4147 times)

Offline Lynnecurtis

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
Single woman seeks info
« on: March 06, 2009, 05:22:03 PM »
Hi, I am considering moving to Kalkan, maybe coming to rent for a time first. I have been to Turkey on several occasions and have always loved it.

I find myself single but am not looking at this move as in anyway a ''find a mate'' venture. I really would love to come to become a part of a community and was wondering if there are any other ''singles'' there that have been brave enough to come alone and make a life.

I am healthy, enjoy walks, meals out, cooking for friends, dancing, the history of Turkey and would definately like to make an effort to have friends both English and Turkish and learn the language. I dont drink so wouldnt be looking for a life at the bar so to speak. I would also be very interested in voluntary work of any description that involves the local community..be it the school or the cats! Yes I am one of the idiots that comes to Kalkan and ends up buying bag loads of cat food for the furry friends that come to the balcony at breakfasst, lunch and dinner!

This does happen to me whichever country I go to...I am of the opinion that I have the word ''MUG'' printed on my forehead in cat language that only they can see.

I will not divulge my age, unless under torture, but lets say I am over 45 but nowhere near pensionable!
Any information would really be appreciated.

Lynne

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=3022.0

Offline streetie

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
Re: Single woman seeks info
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2009, 12:36:49 PM »
there are lots of single women hope you have a great time GOOD LUCK

Offline Lantana

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 40
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2009, 05:12:48 PM »
I think you would have a wonderful time here. There are many women in a similar situation to yourself and you would easily make friends and get involved in the community.

Renting for a few months would be the best way to start.

Good luck and welcome to Kalkan

Lantana

Offline Lynnecurtis

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2009, 12:17:13 AM »
Thanks to the couple of people that replied with such positive answers. I appreciate your comments and will be aiming to join you as soon as I can sell up here!

Lynne

Offline felicity

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 30
    • Share Post
    • Villa Kirmizi Lale
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2009, 02:19:13 PM »
Hi Lynne - I visit as a ''single'' woman a lot and I find everybody incredibly friendly and welcoming - so you will fit in fine - perhaps we can get together when we are both out - I too am over 45 but nowhere near pensionable...LOL!!!

Cheers!

Oh and welcome to the forum!
Villa Kirmizi Lale - www.villakirmizilale.co.uk

Offline Reygirl

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 9
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2009, 02:59:48 PM »
Hi Lynne - I''ve visited Kalkan on several occasions as a single woman and have always been treated kindly and with respect but have had a lot of fun too.  I agree that it would be a really good idea to rent and spend some time there though before you do sell up.  I envy you being not yet being pensionable but still able to move to live in Turkey!

Offline sheilapeila

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2009, 10:52:25 AM »
Hey Lynne...................... have you managed to make the move yet?  A bit early I guess.

I have just joined this forum.  I intend to move to Turkey in 2 years'' time when I retire - so I WILL be of pensionable age - ha ha.  But I certainly don''t feel it that''s for sure...............

We are quite alike actually, I would also like to make Turkish friends and help in the community, I would also like to learn the guitar, Turkish language and perhaps to paint too!!

I just wanted to wish you all the best and maybe see you in a couple of years'' time.

Och aye the noo.  Kind regards - Sheila.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Grumpy old woman

Started by Tatilde on The Everything Else Area!

7 Replies
Last post August 16, 2009, 12:40:11 PM
by Chrissie
xx
Woman's hairdresser?

Started by Alanpatfisher on General Discussion

1 Replies
Last post December 02, 2008, 08:26:09 AM
by kalkankiki
xx
WANTED - Man/Woman with a van

Started by Alfresco on General Discussion

0 Replies
Last post October 03, 2015, 02:05:03 PM
by Alfresco
xx
hell hath no fury like a woman scorned!

Started by samson on The Everything Else Area!

27 Replies
Last post July 29, 2009, 08:34:55 PM
by claire

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal