Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Only two  (Read 1799 times)

Offline Inky

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
Only two
« on: February 25, 2009, 11:25:27 PM »
Hi All

What a great forum this is - very informative!

A friend and I will be in Kalkan in early May for 9 days for some serious relaxation. Neither of us have been to Turkey before. We would like to go on a couple of excursions, I saw the Adda tours section here and wondered what you would recommend for us as we will probably only do two. Fethiya and Meis sound amazing but we’ve also seen some amazing pictures of ruins and the ancient cities which we are very keen on visiting. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=2967.0
« Last Edit: February 25, 2009, 11:33:51 PM by Inky »

Offline felicity

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 30
    • Share Post
    • Villa Kirmizi Lale
  • Owner: Yes
Re: Only two
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2009, 08:03:08 AM »
Hi Inky and welcome to the forum!  I''m so glad that you are enjoying reading the useful information. 

Mmmm - just 2 things...difficult.  OK - well if you enjoy archaeological ruins then I would do a day trip to Sakklikent gorge combined with the ancient (amazing) ruins of Tlos.  You can either eat at the Yaka park trout farm or at Sakklikent - both are lovely.  At the gorge you can walk up it (depending on how high the water is and when in May you go).  It is a lovely place and you can go tubing down the river and have a mud bath - well cover yourself in mud!!  You can relax overlooking the river on the hammocks - great and then you can go on to explore the ruins of Tlos which are one of the best in the area. 

My second choice would be a boat trip to Kekova - get a transfer to Kekova and spend a day on a gulet visiting the sunken city where you can see the outline of the city below you and then journey on for a delicious lunch and stops in various stunningly beautiful bays.  Visit the ancient castle and have a lovely icecream on your way back..!!

I hope that helps!

Cheers!
Villa Kirmizi Lale - www.villakirmizilale.co.uk

Offline Inky

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2009, 09:04:22 AM »
Thanks Felicity that does help!

Both of those trips sound amazing! I think 2 excursions like that would be perfect - would it be best to do them as an excursion with a tour group? Or could we dolmus to Saklklikent and Tlos? (not sure if Dolmus goes there/how often etc...)

Do you think Fethiya and Pakara beach would be worth doing on our own via Dolmus? Are they close togther so we could spend the morning at tge market and then afternoon on the beach, or would you recommmend going to Fethiya not just for the market and spending a whole day there?

I x

Offline felicity

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 30
    • Share Post
    • Villa Kirmizi Lale
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2009, 11:43:18 AM »
The two main trips - I would do as organised tours.

I would go to Patara - such a wonderful beach with amazing ruins behind - just yourself on the dolmus - it is only 15 minutes away and the lovely sandy beach makes such a change from kalkan and it is so close.  You can choose to spend all day there and explore the ruins too or just half a day lying on the practically deserted beach.

Fethiye - I would do a separate trip - although I would do that last on my list...if you go - go on a tuesday for the big market, buy your fish at the fish market and get the restaurants to cook it for you.  It is a big bustling town - but quite interesting to look around- you can get there on the dolmus or bus too - but if you run out of time as I say - i would concentrate on the first 2 and Patara.

Cheers!

Offline Inky

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2009, 03:58:20 PM »
Thanks Felicity!

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Spot The Fish

Views: 2575
By: Pompeyalbie
The perfect view