Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Please read this if you have a Turkish Bank account.  (Read 3300 times)

Offline Kas

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
Please read this if you have a Turkish Bank account.
« on: January 23, 2009, 10:55:51 PM »
Hi All,

I got an email from my bank Yapi Kredi in Turkish! I had some writting with my bank and some friends help and this what we found out.

I have taken some information names, phone, emailaccounts out of the text because it concern people in Kas, but I hope it will help you  :)

Best regards

Palle

The notice below may have been sent to you and, possibly to everybody else who has an account at Yapi Kredi Bank. It is a legal notice to all account holders requesting that, in pursuant of the new banking regulations and to comply with international ones with respect to the prevention of illegal currency trafficking and financing of terrorism, all account holders must confirm their address by submitting one of the following documents (dated no later than three months previously) by the end of February 2009. 

I have scanned a water bill and email it to Yapi Kredi and my gartner are going to show some of the last bills.

Utility Bills
-phone
-water
-electricity
-dsl (internet)

if you don''t have one of these you can send a copy of

-your residency permit 
or
-title deed (tapu) of your house

just one of these will be sufficent.

If you do have an address in Turkey because maybe you are the relative of a villa owner and keep a bank account here for holiday money or investment purposes then you will still need to register your address abroad and provide an address here as the place where you normally stay when in Turkey and for use as a mailing address.

You might also note that many Turkish utility bills do not have a correct address, or a very abbreviated version so it might be wise to include a full version of your Turkish address, Turkish alphabet et al!!!

BANKACILIK Ä°ÅžLEMLERÄ° Ä°LE Ä°LGÄ°LÄ° YASAL UYARI

Sayın Müşterimiz,

Maliye Bakanlığı Mali Suçları Araştırma Kurulu Başkanlığı (MASAK) tarafından müşterilerin bankalarda kayıtlı adres ve iletişim bilgilerinin teyit edilmesi Suç Gelirlerinin Aklanması ve Terörün Finansmanının Önlenmesine Dair Tedbirler Hakkında Yönetmelik ile zorunlu hale getirilmiştir.

Bankamıza beyan ettiğiniz adres bilgileriniz için güncel yerleşim yeri belgenizi (ikametgâh) veya son 3 ay içinde adınıza düzenlenmiş elektrik, su, doğalgaz ya da telefon faturanızı en kısa sürede size en yakın Yapı Kredi şubesine iletmenizi rica ederiz.

Bankacılık işlemlerinizde ileride sorun yaşamamanız adına göstereceğiniz hassasiyet için şimdiden teşekkür ederiz.

Saygılarımızla,

Yapı ve Kredi Bankası A.Ş.

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=2808.0

Offline clashgour

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 3
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
Re: Please read this if you have a Turkish Bank account.
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2009, 06:42:06 PM »
Palle,

Many thanks for providing this information.  I had made a rough translation of the email but missed the crucial bit that asks our address!  Now I''ll have to do something about it.

It never ceases to amaze me that Yapi Kredi make little attempt to inform their foreign customers of important information in a language they will understand.  A couple or so years ago, just after their merger, I tried to access my account and was denied access.  Going into the branch in Kalkan a few weeks later they kindly informed me that they had changed the account number.  Apparently there had been an email about the change but it was not personalised and looked like a bit of junk mail.

At least this time we know.  Thanks again.

Offline felicity

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 30
    • Share Post
    • Villa Kirmizi Lale
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2009, 08:55:27 PM »
Anybody any idea if this relates just to YapiKredi - or to all other bank customers - for instance - our bank Deniz bank...??  I havent heard anything from them..or via our managing agent...???  ???
Villa Kirmizi Lale - www.villakirmizilale.co.uk

Offline felicity

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 30
    • Share Post
    • Villa Kirmizi Lale
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2009, 09:04:03 AM »
Thanks John - I had missed that..!!!   :)

Offline onelove

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 108
    • Share Post
  • Resident: Yes
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2009, 09:06:27 AM »
 I also have not heard from my bank about this !
Latest weather report...... Large outbreaks of Efes followed by intermitent spells of vodka and tonic ;-))
www.kalamardream.com

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Which Turkish Bank Account?

Started by Enjoy Kalkan on Money & Finance

8 Replies
Last post September 28, 2009, 11:46:54 AM
by MartynE
xx
Turkish bank account

Started by annie the tourist on Money & Finance

8 Replies
Last post March 18, 2017, 07:46:29 AM
by annie the tourist
xx
best way to pay money into turkish bank account?

Started by elcee on Money & Finance

2 Replies
Last post October 27, 2009, 05:03:45 PM
by elcee
xx
Charges for closing an old bank account.

Started by Tomcat on Money & Finance

5 Replies
Last post June 26, 2013, 09:13:23 AM
by Bob & Jayne

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Alison and Paul

Views: 708
By: alisonh
hot.JPG