Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Cancellation Fee Schedule  (Read 1895 times)

Offline Cosetta

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 54
    • Share Post
    • Villa Incantata
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: Yes
Cancellation Fee Schedule
« on: January 18, 2009, 01:04:17 PM »
Owners and renters ... do you think this cancellation fee schedule is reasonable? If not, why not?
Not easy to find owners'' cancellation policies online.

Cancellation 8 weeks or more prior to start date:  All money paid will be returned less a £75 service charge

Cancellation 6 - 8 weeks prior:       15% of deposit retained (deposit is 25% of total due)
Cancellation 4 - 6 weeks prior:         50%        "
"                    2 - 4 weeks prior:      80%       "                     
2 weeks or less before start date:         100%      ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã…“

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=2786.0
Villa Incantata - http://kalkan-turkey.com

Offline Rachey

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 10
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Re: Cancellation Fee Schedule
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2009, 02:00:49 PM »
Hi Cosetta

As a renter this looks very reasonable and fair and similar to other places we''ve rented.  The place we''ve rented for our next visit (not for 8 long months, sadly!) has an excellent and clear booking contract - one of the best we''ve seen.  Their cancellation policy (again, very fair) is: 4-8 weeks prior to departure - 50% of rental sum refunded; 2-4 weeks prior 25% refunded; 0-2 weeks prior, no refund.  Travel insurance should cover cancellation.

Hope this helps.

Rachey

Offline Enjoy Kalkan

• Administrator
  • Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 69
    • Share Post
    • EnjoyKalkan
  • Resident: No
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2009, 02:15:43 PM »
Hi Cosetta,

I would say those rates are very fair and in line with others. I think the most important thing you have done is made it very clear and transparent to the potential client. The only thing you may need to consider is the methods of payment you accept, if you accept PayPal for example remember the client could open a dispute and you could loose all your money regardless of your policy as unfortunately in the world of financial disputes involving a credit card its a simple black or white with no grey areas.

I cannot stress enough the importance of a clear cancellation and breakages policy.

Hope that helps
Jon :)

Offline wendytowers

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2009, 10:27:41 PM »
Hi I know I am a little late in replying but just a couple of points on cancellation charges, we say the deposit is non refundable, mainly because if someone cancels say 9 weeks beforehand we could well have turned away a number of bookings, though I must say that the only cancellation I have had was many months in advance and I did return their deposit as we were able to re-let the period.  Additionally if someone cancels 2 weeks before I only take 80% of the  booking cost as whilst it is unlkely I will re-let the period, I won''t have to pay for the laundry, cleaning, air con etc.  I completly agree  about making your conditins very clear, I put them on the website and also put them on the confirmation of booking I send out. Our cancellation charges are:

More than 42 days before departure - £200 pw
29 – 42 days before departure 40% of booking cost
15 – 28 days before departure 60% of booking cost
14 days or less before departure 80% of booking cost

Offline felicity

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 30
    • Share Post
    • Villa Kirmizi Lale
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2009, 08:07:28 AM »
I agree - I say the deposit is non refundable.  In practice though - if I can re-let it - I do refund the money.  I also put the booking conditions clearly on my website (and those other websites that I pay for) and on my booking conditions that form part of the booking form (contract I guess) which the hirer signs to say that they have read and understood the booking conditions and returns to me.

Cheers!
Villa Kirmizi Lale - www.villakirmizilale.co.uk

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal