Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Where / why has the new clinic gone?  (Read 2480 times)

Offline kevincat99

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 39
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: Yes
Where / why has the new clinic gone?
« on: December 14, 2008, 06:38:06 PM »
Noticed the other day that the "new" clinic established this year under the Yuksel furniture shop opposite the Otogar, seems to have gone
If it has its a real shame as it seemed to provide a good service at reasonable rates
A Turk told me they had a legal action against them in regard to their pricing structure
Does anyone know what happened to cause its closure and does this leave us having to go to Fethiye again?

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=2690.0

Offline Cosetta

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 54
    • Share Post
    • Villa Incantata
Re: Where / why has the new clinic gone?
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2008, 09:53:31 PM »
We and several of our friends and neighbors have used both Dr Cem and Dr Niyazi, both to the satisfaction of all concerned.  We have found Dr Cem to be up-to-date on all research, conditions and drugs even in the case of serious diseases.

Having said that, I am surprised about Dr. Hussein''s ''price structure'' problem since I was told he was the least expensive of the three.
Villa Incantata - http://kalkan-turkey.com

Offline kevincat99

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2008, 06:26:57 AM »
Hi Cosetta
I think that him being the "least expensive" was THE problem  :o

Offline Lantana

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 40
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2008, 07:10:55 AM »
Cem and Niyazi are rarely around out of season, particularly at week-ends. Cem in particular now spends much of his time in Antalya.
Earlier this year we tried in vain to find medical assistance for a seriously ill child on a Sunday evening.
There was no doctor in Kalkan both of the above were ''out of town''. In the end, we had to drive her to Fethiye, where she was immediately hospitalised for a week, her condition exacerbated because she had not had prompt attention.

Dr Husseyin, who opened the new clinic and was providing excellent services, 24 hours  a day throughout the year was yet another business to fall foul of local pricing cartels.

It is not just the taxi drivers who use any means possible to prevent competition.

He has moved to another part of Antalya to set up his clinic in a town where these cartels do not exist.

So yes, out of season, particularly at week-ends, Fethiye is your best bet for medical assistance.

Lantana

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2008, 08:54:20 AM »
Is this the same doctor Cem from above the supermarket(teksco)(sp) if so is he still in his old place? my partner had a very bad reaction to a bite and he was very kind and very good..soon had it cleared up..hopefully we won''t need him but my oh would be easier knowing where he can be found
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline kevincat99

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2008, 02:06:37 PM »
Hi Lantana
I suppose it''s difficult to boycott a doctor if you ill - unlike the taxis
However situations like this will ultimately hinder the future development of Kalkan where everyone will benefit and ultimately remove control from the hands of the few.
Apparently this is also why we don''t have a Migros or any of the other large national stores here and yet we now have five banks - wonder what they have that others don''t??

Offline BevJam

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 4
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2008, 01:33:48 PM »
Just wanted to say that my mum had a fall when she was there in October and although I had left details in our apartment about the new clinic, the pharmacist advised her to go to one of the others mentioned. She had cut her eyelid and was told she needed 6 stitches and then had to go back 8 times in 10 days. They took the stitches out in 2 lots and when she got home she saw her GP who said that she should have had dissolving stitches, she didn''t need six only three and they had left one in there.

This was an insurance claim and Norwich union had advised that the doctor send his bill to them by Fax. A month later my mother had a threatening letter from some third party company in Cornwall.

It still isn''t sorted and the language difficulties have been a hindrance. The bill for 6 stitches was £250 by the way.

So I think I''ll be avoiding that place - but as BL said not always got a choice.

BJ
Carpe diem

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

June 2011 Holiday

Views: 2848
By: hodstar
DSCF0328.JPG