Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: The Pride of Hertfordshire  (Read 1767 times)

Offline Enişte

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 7
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: Yes
The Pride of Hertfordshire
« on: November 03, 2008, 03:36:23 PM »
No, not me, but our new Formula 1 World Champion, Lewis Hamilton, trained on the mean streets of Stevenage.  Although I thoroughly disapprove of his football allegiance, I think he is to be congratulated on overcoming many difficulties (most of them red and Italian) to reach this great goal.

Did anyone else feel sorry for the Massa team and those ten seconds or so they thought that their boy had won?  No?

I wonder if Lewis will pip the Scottish tennis charmer to Sports Personality of the Year?  Will Turkey win international team of the year?  I can feel the tension already.

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=2573.0

Offline Lorretta

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 2
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
Re: The Pride of Hertfordshire
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2008, 04:38:21 PM »
My OH absolutely loves Formula One, me, I can''t stand it. However that doesn''t mean that I am not really pleased for Lewis Hamilton and I did even watch the last few laps of the race, which was quite exciting!
Lewis always strikes me as being a very dignified person especially as he is so young and his Dad seems lovely too. So well done Lewis, a thouroughly deserving champion.

Offline Pete

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2008, 04:43:16 PM »
Is''nt it great to see two really worthy contenders fighting it out to the very end. I really did''nt mind whether Hamiliton or Massa won, they are both great drivers and both of them great sportsmen.
I have followed Formula One for many years, but became very dissillusioned with it during the Schumacher years, all the bending of the rules and posturing etc. The last two years have been like breath of fresh air.
Was''nt Anthony Hamilton''s interview afterwards wonderfull. It really inspired me.

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2008, 05:29:44 PM »
Yep well done Lewis!!..but i must say Massa was excellent the way he took defeat..other sportsmen(?) could have learnt a lot from him ;)
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal