Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: KAPSA COFFEE MORNING  (Read 3111 times)

Offline saskia

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 18
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: Yes
KAPSA COFFEE MORNING
« on: October 26, 2008, 11:29:11 AM »
Kapsa (Kalkan association for the protection of street animals) will be hosting a Coffee Morning at Kleo Bar on 8th November from 10,30am to 3pm.
Coffee, tea, homemade cakes and snacks will be available. There will also be a book stall, Bring and buy and a raffle with wonderful prizes donated by the generous shops and businesses of Kalkan.
Everyone is welcome.
If anyone wishes to contribute to any of the above ie by donating things for the  the Bring and Buy, book stall or even making cakes please contact me by email through EK.
We hope many of you will be able to come as it should be a nice,social event at the end of a busy season where people can chat and meet others in a relaxed atmosphere and also help and learn more about the work done by Kapsa.
Hope to see you there. . .

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=2549.0
www.kapsa.co.uk official website also see Friends of Kapsa on facebook http://www.facebook.com/

Offline Chucky

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 16
  • Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive!!
    • Share Post
  • Resident: No
Re: KAPSA COFFEE MORNING
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2008, 12:39:31 PM »
Good Luck Saskia and the KAPSA Team
Hope you have a sucessful event
Joan

Offline Wendy

• Versatile Villa Asfiya
  • EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 7
  • If you are lucky you can visit our villa!
    • Share Post
    • Kalkan Holidays
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2008, 12:23:47 AM »
Wish I could be there.

Offline helen1

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 3
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2008, 11:08:26 AM »
Wish I could be there too. I''ve only just arrived home and can''t thank kapsa enough for their help with a little kitten at our hotel who was hurt. Someone arrived to collect the kitten less than an hour after my phone call and Maggi emailed me a day later with news. The work you do is fantastic and I personally will be doing as much as I can to raise money to take when I visit in July next year. ( That''s for kapsa not my gin and tonic fund!)

Offline Chucky

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2008, 05:48:17 PM »
Can anyone give us an update on how the Coffee morning went and what the proceeds/progress of KAPSA?

NB This is NOT an invitation to restart the moaning/arguments about Kalkan''s animals.

Thanks

Joan

Offline felicity

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 30
    • Share Post
    • Villa Kirmizi Lale
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2008, 06:53:41 PM »
I was there and would prefer someone ''official'' from Kapsa to respond ''officially'' but as a guest visitor at their event - I thought it was extremely well run and extremely well attended and raised a significant amount of money.  The mayor was there and I think he may well have pledged some money to help Kapsa''s brilliant effort - but for the nuts and bolts and figures - I will leave it up to a Kapsa person in the know to report on their specifics.

It was a lovely morning - in a lovely setting with many many people, english and turkish and I came away with a couple of things to adorn my walls and a bottle of wine...  :D :D

Thanks to Maggi and the others who worked so hard....  :-*
Villa Kirmizi Lale - www.villakirmizilale.co.uk

Offline Lorretta

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 2
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2008, 07:26:02 PM »
I have emailed Linda from Abi travel and she said the sale was a great success and raised over 3,000 TL. Well done to Kapsa I hope this really helps them out.

Offline saskia

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 18
    • Share Post
  • Resident: Yes
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2008, 09:49:04 AM »
Many apologies for our delay in reporting on the Kapsa Coffee morning but it has been a busy week for Kapsa as the day after the coffee morning we had another neutering session where we caught and neutered 43 animals, 10 dogs and 33 cats (of which a large majority were female) This was the second session we have had in the last month and in total we have neutered 69 animals.
On top of that Kapsa has it''''s annual GA this Saturday at 2pm at the Pirat Hotel so we have had a hectic week preparing for that. Incidentally all interested parties are very welcome to attend.

The coffee morning was a great success and yes we did indeed raise 3126ytl for kapsa. We would like to say a big thank you to all the people who put so much time and effort into organizing it and helping to make it run smoothly. We would also like to thank all those, both businesses and individuals who donated prizes for the raffle, books for the book stall, saleable items for the ''''bring and buy2 and scrummy cakes and edibles for the cake stall. The coffee morning was very well attended and I think its safe to say that it was enjoyed by all. We would also like thank you to all those, including the mayor of Kalkan, that came and gave their support and parted with their hard earned cash and to Kleo Bar for allowing us to use their premises. Well done everyone.

There are still some unclaimed raffle prizes, so if you still have your tickets please check if you have one of the following, and if so you can collect your prize from Vessila and Brako:-
Blue 0118
Yellow 0451
Blue 0240
Blue 0453 Lucille
Blue 0415 Lynn and Steve
Blue 0456 John
Yellow 0213 Lucille
Blue 0458 Sarah
White 0174 Mu
Yellow 0171 Vicky

Offline Chucky

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2008, 11:51:41 AM »
Well done to KAPSA and their supporters.
I am amazed at how many animals you have already neutered in a month. I understand that this kind of programme is a long term solution and not a quick fix.
It is heartening to see that the Mayor lent his support. Hopefully, with more education, information and the support of locals as well as visitors, the positive aspects of this solution will be appreciated and encouraged.
Please keep in touch as I know this is a subject that people are interested in.
Cheers
Joan

Offline Charlie

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 68
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2008, 12:48:44 PM »
A huge well done to KAPSA and their supporters.  You all do a fantastic job! Thank you

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal