Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Nightmare or was it!!!?  (Read 2465 times)

Offline helen1

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 3
    • Share Post
Nightmare or was it!!!?
« on: October 13, 2008, 12:23:43 PM »
We left for the airport two days early, you never know what the traffic on the M25 will be like. We made check in just in time and settled into our seats. I ordered a gin and tonic but had to have straight gin as ''there is a world wide shortages of tonic'' I was told.
Landed at Dalaman and we were met by our minibus driver ''Remoska'' a Russian Dalmation with attitude. We questionned the fact that he spent the entire journey on his mobile but were told to keep quiet as he had a gang of friends in Kalkan who would get us!
Arrived in Kalkan to discover our hotel had been taken over by a Spanish couple who had bought up most of Kalkan. There intention was to demolish everything, build high rise hotels and plant lime orchards on the remaining land.
I woke up - only 4 more days and I''ll be in Kalkan again with beautiful weather( hopefully) great food and lovely, friendly people. Hurray!

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=2500.0

Offline Lougie

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 1
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Re: Nightmare or was it!!!?
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2008, 12:50:17 PM »
Very strange, I also dreamt about Kalkan last night ???

I dreamt I got bit on the knee by a dog!!

Offline helen1

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2008, 01:15:27 PM »
Just noticed my in haste spelling of ''there'' rather than ''their''!! Sorry everyone and me a teacher too!!

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2008, 02:02:55 PM »
"There is a world wide shortages.." and "questionned" aren''t good coming from a teacher either... >:D

I think detention and 100 Lines are in order..." I must not rush my work and check it thoroughly"  ;D ;D

By the way, are 100 Lines used in school anymore?
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline helen1

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2008, 03:17:24 PM »
Oh dear! It''s just as well I only teach year 2 although I do have an English degree which is slightly worrying. Lines are probably not a good idea as I''d have them copying out '' i shood cheque my werk and I mustt''nt mace speling mistaks''. In my defense I was typing it quickly between a history and maths lesson whilst dealing with a nosebleed and a lost tooth! Seven year olds are very demanding.

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2008, 06:14:43 PM »
Crikey...schools are demanding if 7 year olds have History and Maths lessons... :o :o

Whatever happened to the three r''s??

I''m from an older generation, Helen, where we had a story on the mat, and afternoon snooze and lots of playtime at that age :laugh: :laugh:

BTW, you''re forgiven your errors, given all you had to deal with whilst typing.. :)

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2008, 06:29:02 PM »
Helen ..i hope your nose has stopped bleeding,and if you put your tooth under the pillow the tooth fairy might give you a quid ;D :D
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline helen1

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2008, 07:04:03 PM »
As the history lesson was about mummification and how the brain was extracted through the nose it may have caused a nosebleed but thankfully not mine. I work following the saying ( Confucius I believe) I hear and I forgot, I see and I remember, I do and I understand but even I draw the line at extracting my own brain ( although it does seem to be lacking a lot of the time ). As for the tooth it will be under a pillow but not mine although I am getting to that age where my body, teeth, etc are beginning to fall apart.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Nightmare transfers

Started by bazza1970 on Flights and Travel

13 Replies
Last post October 23, 2010, 11:23:21 AM
by Possums
xx
Kalkan nightmare!

Started by brian j p on General Discussion

4 Replies
Last post August 29, 2013, 02:22:20 AM
by popps

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal